What Computer Games are on your want list?

D

danskmacabre

Doesn't have to be specifically PC games.
And they don't have to be actually released yet, although they ought to be no later than mid next year.

For me:
Morrowind (for Christmas)
DAOC SI.
Eve Online

S

SFXman

1. Dark Age of Camelot: Shrouded Isles
2. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PC naturally)
3. Umm... a new Diablo or summit? *crosses fingers*

B

Belsameth

Icewind Dale 2 (saw this one in the store yesterday. must have)
Doom 3
Halo, the PC version
Halo 2

those are the ones really springing to mind. tho I must add I stopped most regular gaming activities ever since I discovered MMOG's (most sleeping activities too, I might add)

Edit: as far as I understand Vice City will be PS2 only (and yes, it is worth getting a PS2 for)

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by SFXman

2. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PC naturally)

Ah yes, I might get that too, I played it on the PS2 and it was pretty good.

C

[Cerebus]

Project Ego

This game is gonna make everyone want to buy an XBox.

O

old.tRoG

*cough* buy an xbox? *splutter* *die*

1. DAOC SI
2. BF1942
3. Doom 3

R

Ragnarok1978

1. DAoC: SI.
2. Splinter Cell, Xbox.
3. NBA 2003, Xbox.

S

SFXman

Vice City will naturally come to the PC... there was even a rough estimate for its arrival some while ago. Sometime next year I hear...

I'd love a Diablo 3, always liked the series.

D

danskmacabre

I loved Diablo and Diablo 2, in fact I completed both of them many times, which is very unusual for me to complete a game.

But I don't know whether I'd buy Diablo 3 if it's gonna be more or less the same as D1 and D2..

When I say that I mean it better not be limited to 640X480, basically the same graphics and gameplay.

S

SFXman

Well I also played Diablo 1, Diablo 2 and LoD a LOT. I am talking about numerous characters... in Diablo 2+LoD I collected all uniques in the game onto mule characters excluding the very best few pieces...
I was a major Diablo fanatic and I'd love for a new one to appear... I mean it could well come around considering the endings.
All I hope is that it does not come in 1st person view or whatever, it would loose the feel of the Diablo series.

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by SFXman
All I hope is that it does not come in 1st person view or whatever, it would loose the feel of the Diablo series.

Yes, agreed here, but I wouldn't want it to have the same grainy graphics as well.
And wouldn't it be great if D2 could take on some more aspects of the MMORPG's out ATM and to come.

B

Belsameth

oh, yes. Project Ego. I forgot about that.
and ofcourse Starcraft 2

D

danskmacabre

Up until now, I had never heard of Project ego.
But I just did some quick looking around..

Is it only ever going to be an Xbox release then?
If it is , that's a shame coz it looks pretty cool..

S

SFXman

Hmm, maybe something more epic added to the storyline that requires a lot more players... maybe a fully multiplayer Diablo. With huge battles and such, would be great. Earn experience by killing monsters or players...

B

Belsameth

ooh. keep comming up with more titles I REALLY want :)

Black&White 2
C&C Generals

S

SFXman

Reason for my wishlist being limited is that my computer is limited o_O

For now I couldn't care about Doom III since my computer would choke, have a heart attack, keel over and die.

D

Danya

Hmm dunno really. Definitely not diablo 3, D2 was the worst game blizzard has produced. It really sticks out because all their other games are so good.
Maybe Doom 3, dunno
Vice city is nice, but I cba to buy a PS2.
Halo, not really interested in, played it on xbox, got bored. Plus the vehicles drive like they have oilslicks for tires.

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by Danyan

Halo, not really interested in, played it on xbox, got bored. Plus the vehicles drive like they have oilslicks for tires.

it's what I most look forward to. checkpint races with a mate behind the Turret and another mate in the passenger seat, gun ready to take out the competition.

Edit: checkpint races...sounds interesting. I meant checkpOint races tho :)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Danyan
Hmm dunno really. Definitely not diablo 3, D2 was the worst game blizzard has produced. It really sticks out because all their other games are so good.
Hmm, I wouldn't say so. It realllllyyyyy depends on the person, I for one despise or simply don't enjoy Warcarft games... I prefer any Diablo game over those.
Diablo 3 if it were to come out would be quite high on my most wanted list.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Combat Mission 2 - Barbarossa to Berlin
Silent Hill2 (PS2)
GI Combat (perhaps... demo was somewhat disappointing)

On my want-but-totally-unlikely .. Jagged Alliance 3. *sniffles*
Nearly done beating part 2 again... *wipes tears off*

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Soulcatcher
ooh. keep comming up with more titles I REALLY want :)

Black&White 2
C&C Generals

Black&White was shitty enough.
Why beg for a sequel?:D

What I really want is Close Combat 6 *sniffle*
R.I.P Atomic.. source of endless hours of fun :(

T

Tenko

I really, really want

Vice City
DAoC SI
MoO3.