what class?

N

necrofill

hi i would like to hear what class mid need? any suggestion and i dont want to hear the class thane and savages

A

_anarky_

healers needed, alsong as ur not a zerger, otherwise stay on Zergxcalibur :eek:

C

Cozak

Originally posted by necrofill
hi i would like to hear what class mid need? any suggestion and i dont want to hear the class thane and savages

Why not thane?

C

celtavigo

Atleast that is the hardest thing to find for my leet emain random groups :p

J

Jonaldo

Too many Healers already.

Mid needs Skalds and Hunters mostly and less fotm noskill players.

L

lenore

more player shamans, enough of this buffbot business. not more healers though coz then i wont get groups :(

N

necrofill

Re: Re: what class?

Originally posted by Cozak
Why not thane?

dont like the idea with thane then ppl can just drop suggest that but ofc if u got a very good reason to play 1 except the 1 we r only 2 active thane :)

M

Moried

Hello :) Just starting out in midgard and considering playing either a healer or shaman. Question I have is, as a shaman, what would be a decent spec, for groups and for self-esteem (don't want to play a "active" buffbot)? Won't be using /level either so I guess speccing aug (on healer) or cave (on shaman) until at least level 20 would be a good idea since I have a feeling there isn't many groups around until then. Anyway, any helpful pointers would be greatly appreciated ;)

D

DaggerElivager

pre 20 its pretty good idea to be cave unless you have a friend to exp with as there arnt many grps around for 1-20.

from 20 if you can get in a ubah exp group then playing buffbot is good...then when u high lvl respec to your rvr spec.

If you intend on soloing, cave is nice but for specific specs im afraid i cant help

M

Moried

Well, don't know anyone here yet, so will be soloing alot I figure. Gonna try out the shaman I guess, if I make 20 with it I should have a pretty good idea if it suits me or not.

About specs though, any actively playing shamans want to share their opinions? At 50, if I get there, I'd be primarily interested in doing rvr and have a solid group-oriented spec. So I guess you non-shamans out there might have some ideas what you'd want from a shaman too. Don't be afraid to state your opinion ;)

N

nuky

Originally posted by Moried
Well, don't know anyone here yet, so will be soloing alot I figure. Gonna try out the shaman I guess, if I make 20 with it I should have a pretty good idea if it suits me or not.

About specs though, any actively playing shamans want to share their opinions? At 50, if I get there, I'd be primarily interested in doing rvr and have a solid group-oriented spec. So I guess you non-shamans out there might have some ideas what you'd want from a shaman too. Don't be afraid to state your opinion ;)

final spec at 50

38 aug - yellow resist buffs, end 4 (perma sprint as most (or i would hope) people have lw1) decent buffs with some MoA.

37 cave - pbaoe disease which will actually stick, ok aoe root/dot and ur single target dot will tick for 100ish (since people usually have sky high resists) + crits.

x mend - u can get cure disease and poison (cant remember exactly how much u can put into mend after the above, its pretty low though - 7ish) - with +'s from items and RR u will heal between 240 - 350 a touch + crits with ur top baseline heal (which as far as i remember has a lower cast time than the spec heal - which sucks anyway)

play this with my shammy and its pretty fun with a group or solo

O

old.Downanael

Originally posted by Jonaldo
Too many Healers already.

Mid needs Skalds and Hunters mostly and less fotm noskill players.

Hunters aint fotm :)

E

eynar

My shaman is specced 38 aug, 37 cave & 9 mending, and imo it's one of the better specs available.

T

TodinStark

Ahh.. Shaman hehe nice one :)

As I see there is some minimum spec levels on each line and after that it's up to you.
The minimums: Aug 32 (Fat 4) Mend 7 (Cure Poi) Cave 27(37) (Pboae Disease)

At cave 41 there is the final Bolt and DD I don't find it relevant going any higher then that in cave.

My spec: Mend 14, Aug 32, Cave 41
Icor is a good RA!

Edit..
I never have used lvl 27 pboae disease and have some problems with my lvl37pboae dis 50% is resisted.. The minimum for cave will then rise to next pboae :)

T

TodinStark

BoneArmy BD is veeeery raare btw ... I have one at 35 and I think that there is no other mid class that can pul yellows and oranges that fast solo :) .. hmm... Don't listen to this please ;) but it's true neverthelesss

M

Moried

39 cave for the 2nd aoe root seems like a good idea, dunno how much its needed though. Although missing the yellow matter resist buff isn't a big deal I guess. Anyway, enjoying the shaman so far ;)

N

naetha

If you go for that spec you'll probably miss out on the first Frigg and that's invaluable while you're levelling. I got my shammy to level 35 in just over a day /played from 20 by duoing with a warrior. I'm aiming for a spec of either 37aug/37cave/12mend or 38aug/37 cave/9 mend.

That way you're a very useful RvR spec, with good buffs (yellow con) and decent damage on your dots and the level 37 pbaoe disease.

M

Moried

That's true, I'd also not get cure disease/poison which can be handy. With a spec of 37/37/13 CAM you also get zero spec points left over which is nice :)

Users who are viewing this thread