What CL level can vamps use shields?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Ahh just found a post on the Heralnd and its CL3

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, get a good template, charge 2-3 (and ip2 when possible) and you're set to pwn most things at say from 1L5 - more so at 2L5 and extremy so at rr4L0.
Above 4L1 (you'd want Long Wind1 and possibly 4L6 for purge1, not that important though) it's just fluff and nice bonuses.

Go pre-charge and you could kill any class (if you're a decently skilled player that is, a noob is a noob is a noob), possible most duos and some threesomes as well (now thats if you're above the average "skilled-daoc-player".

Good luck :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Yeah, get a good template, charge 2-3 (and ip2 when possible) and you're set to pwn most things at say from 1L5 - more so at 2L5 and extremy so at rr4L0.
Above 4L1 (you'd want Long Wind1 and possibly 4L6 for purge1, not that important though) it's just fluff and nice bonuses.

Go pre-charge and you could kill any class (if you're a decently skilled player that is, a noob is a noob is a noob), possible most duos and some threesomes as well (now thats if you're above the average "skilled-daoc-player".

Good luck :)

Hey Eithor, I've just gotta decide on a spec hehe. I have a couple which are viable, however I need to 'learn' my quickbars so I dont have to think, can just react.

Always nice to see you on your thane...so sick of dueling champs/maulers/vamps when playing my reaver!..but you're a little bit tough for me hehe

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe howdy :)

Well, I have the most problem (as in getting pwned, most often) by vamps that got either good parry and evade (+ hot etc) or/and that got high lvl fumble-debuff or/and high claw-spamming or/and got that 45 Dementia spec, thats got a 3.0 seconds castimer, and shear a random buff.

When it comes to "honour" 1vs1's, I usually won't fight a buffshear Vamp, because fighting with half the buffs, or even losing all, make the fights very boring at the recieving end (even if i land a slam, what good does 2-3 melee hits do, or 2-4 nukes?).

If i purge the fumble debuff and my celerity (fsls) proc, then I might stand a chance vs a spamming (high) claw-spec, while using charge so I can't land slam.

Mm, reavers (including all those classes you mentioned) are all nasty solo classes, but somehow (helps that its classic) I beat most reavers (haven't lost to one, since rr5 - IF I had/have all timered abilites up). Kinda fun, because most Thanes eat the dust quite fast vs a reaver (since the instas, etc, nullifie the casting/nuking (less than fun since many Thanes go with a 50sc spec - including me, most of the time).

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Hehe howdy :)

Well, I have the most problem (as in getting pwned, most often) by vamps that got either good parry and evade (+ hot etc) or/and that got high lvl fumble-debuff or/and high claw-spamming or/and got that 45 Dementia spec, thats got a 3.0 seconds castimer, and shear a random buff.

When it comes to "honour" 1vs1's, I usually won't fight a buffshear Vamp, because fighting with half the buffs, or even losing all, make the fights very boring at the recieving end (even if i land a slam, what good does 2-3 melee hits do, or 2-4 nukes?).

If i purge the fumble debuff and my celerity (fsls) proc, then I might stand a chance vs a spamming (high) claw-spec, while using charge so I can't land slam.

Mm, reavers (including all those classes you mentioned) are all nasty solo classes, but somehow (helps that its classic) I beat most reavers (haven't lost to one, since rr5 - IF I had/have all timered abilites up). Kinda fun, because most Thanes eat the dust quite fast vs a reaver (since the instas, etc, nullifie the casting/nuking (less than fun since many Thanes go with a 50sc spec - including me, most of the time).

I found on my vamp he has trouble hitting pure tanks, so if you've got good defense I bet that helps alot. Fumble is pure evil hehe!

gonna try some specs and see what works best, then i'll enter the duels hehe!

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Im currently dementia on my 4L0 celt vamp. and i wouldnt go another spec. its fun, and well i dont clawspam, but i buffshear alot and i love it when people whine about it :p

Melee resist buff, fumble buff (im 34 pierce, 33 VE 45 dementia, 8 SM), skill debuff, evade +parry buff, then WS buff, end tap, new skill buff, redo fumble, buffshear, debuff armor, and most enemies either is dead, has given up. or runs for their keep/tower or blow all their RAs to get away ;p

(personaly i would never go another spec ^^, i love it)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Im currently dementia on my 4L0 celt vamp. and i wouldnt go another spec. its fun, and well i dont clawspam, but i buffshear alot and i love it when people whine about it :p

Melee resist buff, fumble buff (im 34 pierce, 33 VE 45 dementia, 8 SM), skill debuff, evade +parry buff, then WS buff, end tap, new skill buff, redo fumble, buffshear, debuff armor, and most enemies either is dead, has given up. or runs for their keep/tower or blow all their RAs to get away ;p

Although I cannot buff shear I am using that play style. My spec is not much different. It's nice to see my play style is very similar to yours....almost proves my chain of spells is correct.

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH

Ditto that....its a fun spec , i'v tryed it before and just loved it :) , aiming for it on my new Vamp...4 lvl's to go :drink:

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
hope the claw, fumble nerf is coming soon...

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
hope the claw, fumble nerf is coming soon...

Shuuush go away! (claw? fine, but fumble? no :p). vamps dont got a permanent defence so id say that fumble should stay. (a shield class that blocks most of the attacks and keeps spamming powertap will most likely win vs a vamp becouse he cant get any power and if he does he will lose em the next swing, making him a easy kill).

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
To fight a buffshearing vamp, is as fun as fightning a rr12 moc3 sorc, with his pet + a high rr cleric sticked to him.
If I randomly meet a shearvamp now, I'll just engage, and then it at least is almost as boring for the vamp as for me :)

And if i don't have all day, i just say in guild/reg that "vamp sheared all of my buffs, and still want a "fair" 1vs1, it's boring, plz come kill him :]". And some seconds later it's dead :)
Not that i like clawvamps, but they "only" remove most of my ability to hit them, and to defend myself, and It's quite possible to beat them, thus i don't ask for a execution-squadron (even if i lose 7 times out of10) :)

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
well u use a shield wouldn't expect u to understand ....

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, and I only have about 15+ lvl 50's.. and ALL of those can spec in shield... yeah *cough*.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
ok guys no need to use crazy language!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom