What chars do

E

eneq

K-9- play ?
Wich realm etc etc.

Just so i dont get in same groups or guilds as this player.
I have PM him also but i dont think i will get any good replies.

O

oblivion_6

lol i hate it when peeps tell me not to swear

surely that is why the obscene filter is there?

if u dont like swearing turn it on

if u do turn it off :D

E

eneq

Originally posted by Soulcatcher

you spamming that threat all over the place is even more annoying then swearing, and looks more stupid too.
a 12 year old attention whore anyone? :)

hmm threat ? who spamming any threats ??
IF u ment Thread ill ask who spamming what thread ?

U saying Old.Tzeentch is spamming a thread ?
Dunno why he does it quit frankly.
Bad boy Tzee. Stop spamming any thread(threats)

I posted here just so the other (spamming) thread wont b going flamewar.
So i made new thread so peeps didnt have to read alot of crap among a nice discussion.

So posters like u all, that goes off-topic like a hurricane in tahiti, dont mess that thread (spamming) up.

BTW i dont think its nice to refer to OLD.Tzee as a 12 year old whore.

To oblivion.
M8 go to that Thread and read the poost and then post IF u have anything to contribute. Your post maybe nice but its kind off-topic.

I like the negura reply much.
"k"
What does u mean ? that k-9- have a char with name K ?
Or what ?
Do u want to get more posts so u can tell all they r noobs and u the higest poster ? Or what ?
Plz enlighten me.....

And old eternal...........
Wasnt my post clear enough ?
Dunno really how i can simplify it..or even to make it more easy to understand....
But ill try.
1. What char do k-9- have and in what realm?
2. We dont like eachother.
3 We dont wanna b in same guild
4 We dont wanna b in same group.
5 i think he is a griefer.
6. Understand ?

As u porlly noticed im at work and bored.
BUT i also hate when people go off-topic........

B

Belsameth

hihi. I find thr fact that you are correcting my spelling quite funny :)

O

old.Tzeentch

huh?
I just posted where this thread is stemming from for people who wanted to know what this one was about...
12 year old seeking attention?

By the way you seem to judge people, doesn't seem to be me that's the 12 year old seeking attention

B

Belsameth

I generally don't actually, judge people I mean, usually I just don't care enough. we all have our bad days tho. you just suffered one of mine I guess.

E

eneq

hihi. I find thr fact that you are correcting my spelling quite funny :)

No i wasnt correcting your english and i will never do that.
BUT i didnt know wich word u was refering to.

Maybe it was threat maybe it was thread.
I didnt know so i answered on both words.

And i still dont know what u refering to in your post really.
Who is spamming what ?
Plz enlighten us.
Think old Tzee also wants to know.

E

eneq

Originally posted by old.Tzeentch
huh?
I just posted where this thread is stemming from for people who wanted to know what this one was about...
12 year old seeking attention?

By the way you seem to judge people, doesn't seem to be me that's the 12 year old seeking attention

I maybe miss something here. But i dont c who u answering.
Hopefully u didnt think i called u a 12 year old...Becasue i never intended that. Think it was Soulcatcher that was refering u to a 12 year old and i said it wasnt nice to do so.

Problem im having atm in this thread is that i dont know when u talking to me or someone else..
Make my life easier and do "to ene" or "to soul" or things like that.

About above qoute.
no it isnt from that thread really. Its from earlier history and other threads.

E

eneq

I generally don't actually, judge people I mean, usually I just don't care enough. we all have our bad days tho. you just suffered one of mine I guess.

Did i suffer or did Old.tzee suffer ? Or maybe both of us ? :p

T

thorwyntf

Who is spamming what ?
Plz enlighten us.

5 out of 10 postings in this thread are from you. Three postings in a row, in your own thread (which, originally, started as a question), if that´s not spamming, then what is?
You´re nitpicking on other peoples spelling, language, grammar, semantics, style of communication and general attitude. Are you seriously thinking that your crusade to dispell the evil of the world from this forum is going anywhere?
Mate, this is the real world. People are comminucating the way they´re doing here. Better get used to it. Trust me, "Resistance is futile". ;)

Thorwyn
GM
<Blade&Quill>
48 Pally
35 Scout

E

eneq

Baah u seem to b a ignorant (word ? ) reader.
Every post have been as a reply to a poster. Or u having trouble to c that ? I DONT reply to several in asme post becasue they dont know who im answering.
Dont u read the posts ?

And about the 3 in a row it happened that soulcatchter posted while i was typing 1 post.

And can u point out WHERE im picking on how players type there words adn grammar ?

The only grammar was about Threats (threads) and i clearly pointed that 1 out in earlier post.

Plz enlighten me about it.

And why im posting 5 out of 10 here is becasue the posters r damn stupid to post here with off-topic replies.....

Like u did.
My posts was (as u yourself noticed) a question.
But becasue of all the trolls i have gotten 10 + posts here but no answer,.......

hmmm and reading your post i cant really c any answer... So why did u post really...Bored ???

T

thorwyntf

First off, answering every reply with a separate reply is, to put it mildly, utterly ridiculous. If ten people would have answered your original question, would you have replied to them with ten separate "Thank you"´s? It´s perfectly possible to answer serveral people in one posting by using simple things like: @ [name]. Instead, you chose to start a new post for every reply you got. This is considered spamming and that´s what I was trying to explain to you - since you specifically requested an explanation. Thence, my post wasn´t off-topic. Q.E.D. :)
So before you´re expecting even more detailed enlightments, this should pretty much cover the "why did you post" part in your reply. And btw, a reply to an off-topic reply is as off-topic as the initial off-topic reply. So please don´t forget to slap yourself too and complain about your off-topic-ness next time. After all, you´re a teacher and you have to lead by example. ;)
Besides that, I really think you´re following a Don Quichote path here. Kicking off a discussion about abusive language in a gamer forum, trying to "teach" people how to behaive when writing a reply (stay in-topic, don´t reply to multiple postings in one reply, use proper language), doing all this - again, in a gamer forum!! - is an indication, that you´re either - excuse me - rather naive, or that the teacher in you is so strong that you can´t fight the urge to teach even when you´re not in your classroom.

Thorwyn
GM
<Blade&Quill>
48 Pally
35 Scout

E

eneq

To thorwyntf.

Well replying to every poster that adresses me in a thread in a new post i think is very polite really. In would love if all did that to me. Becasue then i know that the poster really wanted to answer just my post,question.
Thats not spamming IMHO.
Its like if i get in 20 essays from my students and just give out 1 copied paper to all my students..And on it have comments to all students..

Spamming to me is to like the NP member in above post saying "k"
Thats spamming becasue it have no real substance to this thread.
Its just a silly way to a, get attention b, trolling, c, getting more posts,

IF i had got my answer in the first post i would never post again in this thread. ITs becasue i REALLY dislike trolls and off-topic posters that i reply with posts about there stupid behavior.
I have NEVER went into another thread and made any off-topic remarks. Even if i think the thread is stupid etc etc.

About the qoute u was refering to.

"Who is spamming what ?
Plz enlighten us."

Was a question to whom soulcatcher was refering to.
Becasue he didnt say @name. So was it to me or old Tzeen ?
Both me and oldTzee dont know that yet becasue no answer from soul about my question.

"Q.E.D" What do that stands for ?

"Besides that, I really think you´re following a Don Quichote path here. Kicking off a discussion about abusive language in a gamer forum, trying to "teach" people how to behaive when writing a reply (stay in-topic, don´t reply to multiple postings in one reply, use proper language), doing all this - again, in a gamer forum!! - is an indication, that you´re either - excuse me - rather naive, or that the teacher in you is so strong that you can´t fight the urge to teach even when you´re not in your classroom."

M8 i have been noticing that :p
Like the old don i cant help myself doing this.
But i have noticed that there r several having the same opinion as i do. And u surely must admitt the thread about abusive language is rather interesting with many good points ..or do u not ?

Its nice to hear both sides of the table. And maybe some posters will think again posting abusive words...Some wont but hey u cant change water to wine every day.

"So before you´re expecting even more detailed enlightments, this should pretty much cover the "why did you post" part in your reply. And btw, a reply to an off-topic reply is as off-topic as the initial off-topic reply. So please don´t forget to slap yourself too and complain about your off-topic-ness next time. After all, you´re a teacher and you have to lead by example. "

Well first of all u was posting to a direct question to soulcatcher.
And i always answer to post that directly are refering to me. Thats why im on-topic and u off. :p

BTW i found your 2 posting interesting. U do have alot of points in it thats make me think 2 times. And thats nice. The best point u making is the discussion about that this is a gamer forum and therefore i should expect badlanguage, trolls, abusive posts, off-topic posts, etc etc.

And i admitt u having a point there. But that dont me think u right :p

but hopefully i dont have made any remarks to other peoples grammer, because thats stupid as my grammer is awful :p

T

thorwyntf

Well replying to every poster that adresses me in a thread in a new post i think is very polite really.

Is it? I can´t agree here. I wouldn´t be offended if I was the third @ [name] in someones reply. Maybe it´s a cultural difference, I don´t know. At any rate, I consider your one-by-one solution rather uncomfortable, because it´s disturbing the flow of a discussion.

Thats not spamming IMHO.

It is, in my notebook. :D

Its like if i get in 20 essays from my students and just give out 1 copied paper to all my students..And on it have comments to all students..

Nope, that´s an entirely different situation and can´t be compared. When you´re in your classroom, the 20 students are specifically expecting a dedicated answer/feedback from you concerning their input. In a forum, it´s more like a discussion amongst a number of people. And as soon as the moderator is giving you the right to speak, you may reply to as many arguments as you want. The moderator doesn´t need to give you the word again when you´re done with one agrument. That´s reflecting the situation in a forum in a more appropriate way, don´t you agree?

Spamming to me is to like the NP member in above post saying "k"

That´s level A spam. Your´s was only level B spam. :)

"Q.E.D" What do that stands for ?

Quod erat demonstrandum, "which was to be proved". Commonly used to indicate the (successful) end of a mathematical prove.

Its nice to hear both sides of the table. And maybe some posters will think again posting abusive words...Some wont but hey u cant change water to wine every day.

I got a different POV there. I can´t see any harm in abusive language and if it´s someones desire to express himself by using words like "gay" or "cunt" or whatever, he should. Who am I to blow against the wind? Language, as the basis of human communication, is a permanently changing thing. And the semantics behind a word can change when it´s being used in a specific way. There are serveral examples for that in my native language. The important thing is, that the message someone is sending, is received and understood by the receptor. Everything else is - at this stage - of minor priority. The gaming scene has developed some sort of "meta-language" (hope, that´s directly translatable), where certain things are being expressed by words, that are actually only borrowed.
Btw, this actually belongs into the other thread, so I´m OT here. But since we´ve started our little discussion here, I mise well leave it where it is. :)

Well first of all u was posting to a direct question to soulcatcher.
And i always answer to post that directly are refering to me. Thats why im on-topic and u off.

I was jumping in the gap, answering the question for Soulcatcher, since he´s in my guild and is not allowed to answer questions without my permission. ;)

The best point u making is the discussion about that this is a gamer forum and therefore i should expect badlanguage, trolls, abusive posts, off-topic posts, etc etc.

It´s not a "gamer-specific" phenomenon IMO. It´s the case whenever people from different cultures, different ages and different educations are clashing together, supported by the wonderful anonymity of the internet. You don´t have to like it and noone forces you to adopt it, as long as you´re souvereign enough to deal with it and counter everything appropriately.

Thorwyn
GM
<Blade&Quill>

K

Kobold

LOL :clap:

You guys really must be more bored at work than me :p

:m00:

B

Belsameth

I'm sorry Thor. I believe I made the initial post without your permission as well. :(
Tho I'm reaping the rewards of my first post with a big smile :D

E

elerand

Well at 31 I would have thought it was unimportant to you who exactly who/what he is, whatever toon he plays if you don't like the way they play don't play with them, applies to everyone I think.

This is just turning it personal, I don't assume people who behave poorly ingame are the same in real life, could care less and won't worry about it.

I don't like half of what he says but I'm certainly not about to investigate his movements, that to me is almost obsessive. Let it go dude.

A

Archeon

============================================================================================

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Archy's Guide To Dealing With Those That Are Offended By Swearing In DAoC (Patent Pending)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1, Identify the person offended by your swearing. Swearing being rude words such as:

"FUCK"
"SHIT"
"TOSSER"
"CUNT"
"ASS-WIPE"
"TIT"
"ANTIDISISTABLISMENTARYISM"
"LOL"

The easiest way to identify these people is to randomly spam these words in your laungauge. I.e -

"Oh dear that nasty monster has killed me repeatedly" = "FOR FUCK SAKE, THAT MOB KEEPS WASTING ME!"

"My heart bleeds for that young man and his misguided views on how to share items" = "LOOK YOU LITTLE TOSSER, STOP BEING A DROP WHORE AND GIVE ME THE FUCKING ITEM!"

Step 2. Once person offended has been identified follow step 3

Step 3. Invite the offended person to offer his reasons for taking offence. I.e.

You: "So mate, why don't you like me swearing?
Offended person (herby referred to as OAP) "Well you see i have my kid watching me over my shoulder and i don't want him thinking these words are acceptable"

You: "So mate, why don't you like me swearing?
OAP: "Cause i'm a twat and i feel i must report you on right-now because i get off on getting people banned"

Step 4. If the OAP's reason is valid (refer to example 1 for a valid example of a valid reason, validifyed by me Archeon) then choose if you want to stop swearing, or atleast do it places s/he can't see

If the OAP's reason is in-valid (refer to example 2 for an in-valid example if an invalid reason, validifyed by me Archeon) then swear all you like, the dudes a tosser and deserves to be shot repeatedly

If reason is valid and you choose to stop swearing for the good of future generations then don't carry on, if it is an in-valid reason and you have wasted all your gun ammunition then read on, equally if the OAP has a good reason but you don't want to carry on

Step 5. If the OAP is starting to annoy you repeat the following

"i respect your views, and feel its well within your rights to ask me to stop. i must now point out it is well within my right to tell you i think your a twat and demand that you turn on your bad-word filter before i'm forced to cause great harm to your persons"

If OAP makes a fuss about not wanting to turn on his/her filter repeat the following

"Alright, you don't want to turn it on. fair enough then you'l have to put up with my swearing"

If OAP continues to make a fuss PM every member of your current group/guild to get their opinions and get GL/GM to disband/kick him out of your group/guild cause lets face it he's probably an old prune with no real interests other than getting people banned

============================================================================================

Note - this is a semi-joke post, though it does contain valid points

1. If you don't want to see bad-words then turn on your filter, its a simple /filter command. if you don't want to turn it on because sqwiggly letters annoy you then you must accept that you will have to listen to people swearing

....ok, so its a valid point not points :)

anyway, if i catch any of you stealing my guide and selling it too a well known publisher for millions of pounds i'l intimidate you via forums giving you plenty of evil-eyes and possible a few harsh words. like blaggot, or scoundrel ;)

K

Kobold

Got a new word in my dictionary: ANTIDISISTABLISMENTARYISM
:clap: :clap:

L

Lessurl

Dear eneq.

You really need to lay off the coffee a bit m8 :D

From Lessurl

F

Flimgoblin

archy - the filter is pretty much useless ;)

people like to point out how much of a "fuking c_unt" they are all the time ;)

(they're oh so clever getting around the bad word filter! gee even a three year old couldn't do that) :)

if people swear their heads off constantly when it's totally inappropriate I'd just not group with them or not let them in my guild :)

But that's a luxury I have :)

G

g0ldenbone

I tell ya, this is gold dust to the terminally bored at work brigade..

A

Archeon

Originally posted by Fingoniel
archy - the filter is pretty much useless ;)

people like to point out how much of a "fuking c_unt" they are all the time ;)

(they're oh so clever getting around the bad word filter! gee even a three year old couldn't do that) :)

if people swear their heads off constantly when it's totally inappropriate I'd just not group with them or not let them in my guild :)

But that's a luxury I have :)

that must be some kind of hib thing, i've grouped with every type of asshole i care to mention from

"WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU HEAL ME?"
"Urmm, well i had this mob hitting me and i'm kinda died..."
"FFS, GET ANOTHER HEALER THIS ONE SUCKS!!"

"MEZZ, MEZZ, MEZZ!!"
"Don't blame me i kept getting resisted"

"POM2 YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF HEALER SHITE!"
"i'm not pac specced..."

but i've never heard anyone get arround the filter like that, i thought it only effected your chat bar? and besides, its not like i know anyone that would force their foul tounge on people...

<thinks for a few seconds>

...ok, i don't know many people that would force their foul mouth on people :)

Users who are viewing this thread