What caster to choose for pvp?

Markk

Fledgling Freddie
Hey guys -im looking for a damage dealer class to play on pvp which has small downtime and some sort of CC if possible

can ya post your thoughts here please :p

Markk

Fledgling Freddie
hmm dark sm never thought of that, where should i go to kill? :flame:

Markk

Fledgling Freddie
yanis log on and givfz0r itaaamzz mejjt

Afran

Part of the furniture
Dark SM or Mind/Body sorc..

I'd go with SM, so you get a pet for interupts/intercept, where as sorc's pet is a charm, and you may have to travel a while before getting one :p Also the PBAE mez can be very helpful, as you'll find quickcast target-mez might be hard on people who strafe/walk through you to get the 'out of view' shite :touch:

High populated PvP areas are basically:

Alb: Cotswald, Camelot Gates, Gothwaite Harbour/Keep, Darkness Falls

Mid: Not sure oO never go there

Hib: Mag Mell, TNN Gates, Ardee, Spraggon Den (quite a lot of xp deaths though :/), Darkness Falls.

Unless you have a lot of money, I'd suggest staying away from the above listed areas, and go to an under populated dungeon or open area to gain a few levels and som cash, as con cost soon adds up in pvp as a non-stealther..

For PvE, haunted appletrees are good (Alb SI), sometimes a few others there exp'ing, can always kill them when the have finished their mob for reward, or if you're a total ass, xp kill them. :flame:

Could also try a cabalist, which I'm levelling at the moment also..

If you roll a cabalist, go for spirit spec until level 40 (pet buffs/heals) pet hits like a truck, solo's reds of most classes (even BD sometimes :p) and can do l33t kite to purples xD

At 40, respec to body, as your pet won't do so much damage on higher levels who are actually in decent gear and have a lot more RAs like MoC to stun/mez pet and own you anyway -.-
In body you get pretty nice lifetaps, especially at high rr the caba lifetaps are uber.

(Actually, i'm bored, or I wouldn't of written so much, hope it helps anyway)

Markk

Fledgling Freddie
wow mate thanks for taking your time too look at my thread, u playing now? if so pm Ahoyhoy :wub:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
pet specced cabalist use the blue coloured pet it lifetaps....buff it and sit back watch the xp roll in.

dark sm has aoe and pbaoe mezz...advantage is pbaoe mezz takes 2 seconds to cast. i always leave them alone on my inf. ppl backstab quick cast pbaoe mezz so they cant bug out of it cast bt then pwn. sometimes you get stunned but the pet is amazing at intercepting lol

afran is pretty much right withg what he said tho good post

Saigean

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
pet specced cabalist use the blue coloured pet it lifetaps....buff it and sit back watch the xp roll in.

dark sm has aoe and pbaoe mezz...advantage is pbaoe mezz takes 2 seconds to cast. i always leave them alone on my inf. ppl backstab quick cast pbaoe mezz so they cant bug out of it cast bt then pwn. sometimes you get stunned but the pet is amazing at intercepting lol

afran is pretty much right withg what he said tho good post

Only two pets to used in PvP. Emerald and Amber, all others are shit.

Emerald for the disease proc, and Amber for the stuns. I prefer Amber.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
i mean for xp'ing....the lifetap pet works wonders but yeah for pk amber ftw.

should of explained better my bad

Afran

Part of the furniture
Yeah, definatly use the lifetap dd pet for pve (Sapphire), and the Amber for pvp as it has stun.

Although it depends, I find at low levels (20-30), the sapphire pet can be better than the amber for pvp, it's good vs necros as the melee hits combined with the dd's take down the pet faster than the necro can cast lifetaps.

Try out different pets and see what you think works best, but whatever you do don't use the jade pet, it sucks. :p

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Afran said:
Yeah, definatly use the lifetap dd pet for pve (Sapphire), and the Amber for pvp as it has stun.

Although it depends, I find at low levels (20-30), the sapphire pet can be better than the amber for pvp, it's good vs necros as the melee hits combined with the dd's take down the pet faster than the necro can cast lifetaps.

Try out different pets and see what you think works best, but whatever you do don't use the jade pet, it sucks. :p

funny when noob cabas use the jade pet xD

btw, make an aug healer you n00blet x<

Afran

Part of the furniture
Dommelsch said:
funny when noob cabas use the jade pet xD

btw, make an aug healer you n00blet x<

I might do :eek:

Respeccing inf on alb first to see what thrust is like (50 dw/thrust) instead of 50slash 46cs... saracen! xE

elaTC

Fledgling Freddie
Its the one that looks like u just step on a pile of shit.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
whats the uber ns style.

you evade then the evade style 9 second stuns OR you evade, do evade style then the follow up 9 second stuns.

i think its in the pierce line lvl 44 style

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
diamondback: level 25 off evade with same stun length as DF

high DW spec is the win on infils, together with 2 legendary weapons

Markk

Fledgling Freddie
playing dark sm actually owns everything....needed .4 to ding and got chain killed so i thought id go to parth farm and the MASSIVE parth is there(think its part of a quest it absorbs all the other parths) and its purple and invunerable to magic so i thought fuck and im killing greens/blue mobs near it to level ;/

Markk

Fledgling Freddie
n33d m0n3y/itamz meights!!!!111111

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Bahumat said:
whats the uber ns style.

you evade then the evade style 9 second stuns OR you evade, do evade style then the follow up 9 second stuns.

i think its in the pierce line lvl 44 style

damn, you really know how to entertain :D

Markk

Fledgling Freddie
im getting chained everywhere ffs :puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom