What car???

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Have you driven one Frizz?

It's cheap cos it's the last of the S1's, but a lot of people think that the S1 is better than the S2 Elise, which has the swooshier styling. S2's are heavier and are drifting away from the Colin Chapman philosophy of 'adding lightness'.

Depends what you want the car for, The S2000 might make more sense if you do a lot of motorway miles, but still want a roadster. If what you really want the car for is just for driving it, then in terms of handling most people agree that the Elise can't be beaten.

My 6'4" friend fits in mine without too much of a struggle, and once in can drive it easily. I use mine for the 10 mile commute to work daily, and it normally turns into a 25-30 mile drive home.

I paid just under 12k for mine and my insurance is just a smidge over 900 quid. since my second car I've always paid close to a grand for insurance so it's not too big a deal, I just see it as another tax. That's for a 29 year old, garaged in a good postcode, but I only have 2 years of my own no claims due to company car stuff etc, grrr.

If you are interested in an Elise you can do worse than visit www.seloc.org. great bunch of very helpful people. I bought mine off a member there in August and haven't stopped grinning.

Running costs are good, on the commute I get about 38mpg, on blasts that never goes below 25, the car is so damn light. I have a basic 118bhp model, but if you want more power there's a load of other options.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Christ Gumbo. I hate you now, you've got me all giddy about buying one sometime. I had my heart set on a mustang but I think that'll only be if I move to the states tbh. 38mpg for the elise sounds fucking good too.

Nghhhh. Want.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Sir Frizz said:
I can't stand elise's. They're tiny little fucking things tbh. So is the VX220. Ugh. Like go-karts, but with slightly bigger wheels.

If you tell me you've driven one, i won't believe you.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
I judge cars on aesthetics. Performance can be worked on. Doesn't matter if I've driven one or not.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
DUKES OF HAZ FOR THE WIN!

dukes.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom