What car do you drive?

itcheh

Part of the furniture
I know there are a number of petrol heads on here ... so out of interest, what does everyone drive (if at all)?

Also - who are you insured with? I have been getting quotes all morning for a second-hand Audi TT I am thinking of buying and so far they have varied by up to £500!

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Mitsubishi Spacewagon Glxi 2.0i - £279 insurance (Privilege)
Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 Sxi - £249 insurance. (Esure)

NaveT

Fledgling Freddie
Honda Pilot

Company sorted out the insurance, so cant help you there.

itcheh

Part of the furniture
Out of interest Norwich Union quoted me 'happy' with £1220 and elephant.co.uk quoted me £617 !!!

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
Quote me 'appy! :D

I don't own a car, I feel safer on two wheels. Although this is an illusion since studies have shown that your cranium +lid is no match for steel ;)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I drive an Impreza Wagon.

I'm with NU for my insurance, no one came close when I was renewing.

I am surprised at the quotes you got Itcheh, you would think a man in his 50's like you would get cheaper insurance.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Best insurance rates can be found at here and here

They take lots and lots of details from you and then check tonnes of insurers to get you the best price.

Found the links here. I'm sure I've posted this link before but it's got some very handy stuff there.

itcheh

Part of the furniture
Cheeky cnut! I was waiting for some comment from you Tremlar!

As it happens, as a result of me living in London for the last 13 years I've never actually needed to buy a car before ...

... but since I'm now a country lad and a commuter I thought I'd treat myself. The bad news is I have obvioulsy never taken out car insurance before and therefore I have no no-claims bonus etc. Out of interest, the elephant quote is a 10 month no-claims accelerator deal, the 12 month quote came in at £735.

For the record I will be 31 next week which makes me younger than you PLUS I still pwn you at CS so there :p

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
nath said:
Best insurance rates can be found at here and here

They take lots and lots of details from you and then check tonnes of insurers to get you the best price.

Found the links here. I'm sure I've posted this link before but it's got some very handy stuff there.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, don't use web forms for buying car insurance; always ring around. A real human has the flexibility to account for your circumstances and 'do a deal' (especially if you have quotes from elsewhere). I'd love to just fill out a form and be done with it, but time after time, picking up the phone pays off; for example, when I first bought my 350Z last year I couldn't get an online quote below £1500, including using the sites mentioned above, couple of phone calls and I'd nearly halved it. Priviledge btw.

itcheh

Part of the furniture
I agree Dagaffer - I was always going to do the actual negotiation over the phone, but it's easier to get a large number of quotes online to kick-start the whole process.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
12cd.jpg

This is my new bike that I bought last week. I got an offer on my Fireblade I couldnt refuse, and so bought this just to smoke about on for a bit.
Mad thing is, everytime I get on it I cant get off it! Its just so much fun to ride, I may even keep it :D

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
VW Touran 2.0 TDi (Mrs Wil insures it)
Ranault Clio 1.4RT (£234 FC with PNC...Hastings Direct)
Audi TT 3.2 (£470 FC with PNC...Hastings Direct)

:)

and a rash of push bikes.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Oh btw, the Bandit costs less than £200 to insure, and my '02 Mondeo (mr boring) costs about £300 fully comp. Yay . I suppose.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
/me doesn't post and hides from trem.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
DaGaffer said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, don't use web forms for buying car insurance; always ring around.

Mayhaps but did you look at the links or try them? I found some pretty damn good deals on confused.com.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Mk3 Golf GTI 16v, insurance about 700 quid from Tescos.

It's very fast.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
nath said:
Mayhaps but did you look at the links or try them? I found some pretty damn good deals on confused.com.

Yeah I did, but if you have any kind of *ahem* 'history' it all goes a bit tits up. Explaining to the nice Yorkshire lass at the other end of the phone that, yes, I'd had a month's ban for speeding, but no, I didn't actually get any points, just wasn't an option via a site. Also, having a £30K car without a garage etc. - just blows up the server :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I don't doubt you could get better deals on the phone but at the very least those sites provide very good idea's of what you should be aiming for.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Lotus Elise, £1000 first year I've had it with Norwich Union, should drop to about £600 with some free trackdays come renewal in August with Competition Car Insurance. TT's suck donkeys balls, either get a sports car, or don't. (imho)

mank!

Part of the furniture
M Reg 1.1 Clio :D

Insurance is nearly £1,200 :(

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Renault Clio 182 with cup chassis and cup spoilers.

Looks like this and this

Evo car of the year 2004, second place - crowned the best hot hatch ever.

Cost me about £950 fully comp with Admiral (insured when I just turned 24), I got a renewal quote from Elephant and I got it down to £620 (due october this year) with my mum as a named driver - that part took £150 off the price!!

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Have you done the ring in it? It's very bad form to display the sticker if you haven't :p

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
No, that's not my exact car (mine is silver), it was just the best pics i had of it.

The lad it belongs has done the ring many, many times.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Chrysler PT Cruiser 2.2 CRD, about £450 with Privilege.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom