what bout this idea? totally stupid?

Espen

Banned
what if the ppl who specced 50 shield (arms-palas-heros-warrior) types, get a passive chance to "hear" the oil being poured from a tower, and then holding their shield up to cover themself? just something ive been thinkin bout for a day or two :p

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
surely if its boilling hot oil, wont the oil conduct the heat thru the shields and burn the person holding it :eek:

Espen

Banned
DocWolfe said:
surely if its boilling hot oil, wont the oil conduct the heat thru the shields and burn the person holding it :eek:
and if someone falls 1000000000000 meters ... he only looses 99% life in real life aswell ;)

Matteh

Fledgling Freddie
DocWolfe said:
heat resist? :D if i can walk thru lava i think i can survive oil for a second whilst my shield cools down lol

/edit : conduction wasnt invented in them days

/lol

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Would love to make fun of the suggestion...

But it's actually quite a good idea :(

DAoC needs more "fluff" like that .. but then again when they add it half the population will whine because "omg they spend time on that and not on fixing this that or the other thing!"

Zede

Part of the furniture
what did the romans call it ? a porcupine i think, were they linked up shields to form a protective barrier...

give it to arms imo, they already do silly things with x-bows :p

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Thats a nice idea

Would get the armsmen out rvring again, not the fotm mercs/sorcs/scouts etcetc

Gamah

Banned
Lol yea, being able to pwn oil will give armsmen a solid reason to rvr xD

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
Lol yea, being able to pwn oil will give armsmen a solid reason to rvr xD
YEA and if armsmans get that give my healer ability to fly plz :(

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Zede said:
what did the romans call it ? a porcupine i think, were they linked up shields to form a protective barrier...
Thought it was called a turtle. Could be wrong though! :)

Ruvinan MadeInDenmark

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds like a good idea, i think there should be some cool ability to speccing 50 shield....

(And givf Soulrend better scaling dammit)

Olgaline

FH is my second home
i like this one

SmartOil.JPG

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Espen said:
and if someone falls 1000000000000 meters ... he only looses 99% life in real life aswell ;)

Actually... the "hitting the groundage" doesn't kill you, no matter where you fall from. It's the bleeding, braindamage, etc trauma that kills you. So basicly you only take 99% of damage when falling(even less maybe), but the unrealistic part in DAoC is the fact you can MOVE after it :D

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
And casters could get an ability to "hear" the oil being poured, and then a chance to cast a magic spell that would make into a super strength potion that would turn all the attackers into mighty giants !!

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
The idea is ok, but isn´t it way too situational to justify the implementation? There are enough ways to counter boiling oil and the ability to just stand there with your should over your head is not enough motivation to spec 50 shield.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Maybe an icewiz can PB and freeze the oil mid-air or... ?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:
Thought it was called a turtle. Could be wrong though! :)

I had a turtles head the other day.. but maybe you dont want to know that... :eek7:

:m00:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Deepflame said:
Guess those crush resists sure come in handy then. ;)

When you get a boulder sized block of frozen ice coming from a 100 feet wall, i don't think a 20% crush resist helmet will be enough :D

Matteh

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
Actually... the "hitting the groundage" doesn't kill you, no matter where you fall from. It's the bleeding, braindamage, etc trauma that kills you. So basicly you only take 99% of damage when falling(even less maybe), but the unrealistic part in DAoC is the fact you can MOVE after it :D
hitting the groundage" = bleeding, braindamage, etc trauma that kills you. = kills you

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Thadius said:
Thats a nice idea

Would get the armsmen out rvring again, not the fotm mercs/sorcs/scouts etcetc
But they all run around with xbows or a big bugger off pole, I thought? :p

Think that Roman tictac was called a turtle thing too, where they had a zerg of Romans, and some put their shields above their heads and some put em around the side and front of em to deflect arrows and such.

So if your basing the ability on that, you need a zerg of Armsman. :p

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
When you get a boulder sized block of frozen ice coming from a 100 feet wall, i don't think a 20% crush resist helmet will be enough :D
Hmm.. Lets see, Highlander racial crush resist 3%, 26% from items, Physical Defense 5 at 28%, 67% so far! :p Maybe you'll live through it with a major headache? :)

Jaem- said:
So if your basing the ability on that, you need a zerg of Armsman.
That would, at the least, be very interesting to see. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom