What becomes of artefacts in version 1.81

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
GoA news said:
What becomes of artefacts in version 1.81
Those who have consulted the release notes for 1.81 on the Camelot Herald already know that artifacts will be directly obtained from the sages, and not during the encounter itself. You will only need to validate the encounter and obtain the corresponding scrolls to receive the artifact activated at level 0 in exchange.
Unactivated artifacts that you can presently obtain, and which are often vaulted or sold on a consignment merchant, will thus be useless. In order not to penalize the players who were selling artifacts on the US servers, Mythic had created a system to calculate the average price of these artefacts, based on player prices just before the release of the new version. Therefore, since 1.81 they can sell these useless artifacts they had stocked at this average price. This system was of course only possible because the American players had not been informed beforehand of the artifact system changes. Some players seem to think that this will be applied on the European servers too, so they are currently selling their artifacts at very high prices, hoping to artificially increase the average price, and are trying to acquire a lot of them.
Therefore we want to inform you that we will not apply the same system as the US servers, and that it is useless to try and get as many artifacts as possible, and to put them on sale at enormous prices.

Dear GoA,

Since artifacts will not be returned for the same value as in the US, Can you let me know if i should keep the current artifacts, because they will be usefull for me ( e.g. artifacts book exchange, free levels etc). If not i will put them on my CM for a decent price so that others can use them.

PS I was currently selling my artifacts at a high price not to artificially inflate the price, but to stop those noobs from buying them cheap in the hope of getting more plat for them on the NPC's (if you were going to exchange them for plat).

:m00:

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
Dear GoA,

Since artifacts will not be returned for the same value as in the US, Can you let me know if i should keep the current artifacts, because they will be usefull for me ( e.g. artifacts book exchange, free levels etc). If not i will put them on my CM for a decent price so that others can use them.

PS I was currently selling my artifacts at a high price not to artificially inflate the price, but to stop those noobs from buying them cheap in the hope of getting more plat for them on the NPC's (if you were going to exchange them for plat).

Wounders the same more or less. Sinces I went inactive on camlann I got a full cm and inventory with nasty stuff I might aswell hand out if they are just gonna be sacced.

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
scorge said:
Dear GoA,

Your logic is amasing scorge. :wanker:

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
scorge said:
I was currently selling my artifacts at a high price not to artificially inflate the price...

Of course you were.

...but to stop those noobs from buying them cheap
Ah, well, that's OK then. I'm sure everyone who lost a roll and had to spend a million years farming plat to pay the extortionate prices demanded for the arti they needed will find great comfort in that.

(sigh)

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
US players were informed that the arti system was going to change, its called Pendragon mates. What they weren't informed was that they were able to sell artis for huge prices.

Shit excuse from GOA there but i understand why they're trying to justify it. The only reason eu players are aware of it is because goa are too stupid to realize that the English server population should be able to have 1.81 _now_ rather than in however many months.

anyway, nevermind. I agree with goa doing this anyhow, its a good thing.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Could be that they're just lieing and they're going to announce to us all of a sudden that they are actually implementing it, and they were just lieing to stop people farming the arti's to get a shed load of money..

or not :)

Tilda

As far as I am aware what, if anything GOA will do regarding artifacts, is still under discussion.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
What becomes of artefacts.

It it supposed to be written like this? somehow it get's to my eye atleast

Tilda

It should really be "What will become of artifacts" :p But yes, its essentially right :D

bottler

Fledgling Freddie
who need artifacts when we got Classic? :touch:

who cares about that crap expansion :m00:

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
bottler said:
who need artifacts when we got Classic? :touch:

who cares about that crap expansion :m00:

great solution !

or

maybe some people <gasp> actually play toa servers?

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Mythic>Goa in anything anyday anytime.

How awful to give Americans such credits

I however agree with GoA on this. Not to mention the already inflation with the insane plat giving they had after crash on Prydwen.

They should though give players the chance to get some kinda reward for maximum of maybe 5 artys or perhaps able to turn in 1 of a kind max once for some kind of reward perhaps not plats.

Europe need to speed things up imho cause they current movement over the atlantic is very large.

Me myself love to see Europeans over there. Creates better RvR for me aswell

And well <3 having Natural Selection m8s on the same cluster and realm :sex:

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
bottler said:
why do ppl like low pop servers :eek:

less zergs?
ability to solo?
fewer stealth grps?
can get decent 8v8 in at peak time rather than 8v32 on high pop?

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
...... Why would you prefer to play with gay ML's / Artifacts i-win charges, DI buffbotted morons, high rr gank groups.... when you can play the same game, - the bullshit with an all equal-ish start?

Eu classic will be more popular and for longer than us ones for sure, they had lot's of english players who quit because of the timezone differences / we have a large amount of french players too!

Even with the changes toa will still be gay, the majority of people who like it are people who want a boring timesink to do on all their meaningless alts when they get owned in rvr :<

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Elitestoner said:
less zergs?
ability to solo?
fewer stealth grps?
can get decent 8v8 in at peak time rather than 8v32 on high pop?

When Glastonbury is full i'm able to solo on my Skald... there's no stealth gank groups really because people can't play unbuffed and there is a lot of 8v8 to be had, you just need to think outside the box that other things / change can be good too!

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
bottler said:
why do ppl like low pop servers :eek:

played excal/pry cluster recently?

I think not...

have made 300k on my lvl 47 now 49 (from rvr) warlock in the last week, that mrclassic, was not made on a low pop server. Been best rvr i have ever had as rarely any high RR guilds roamin and a lot more lower RR people about.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Arumos said:
have made 300k on my lvl 47 now 49 (from rvr) warlock in the last week,.

must really have been hard pressing all those chambers :(

Faril

Banned
Eeben said:
must really have been hard pressing all those chambers :(
wl is eazzemode class, yes. But if played good it really is a nice class to grp with:) <3 arumos...
and i agree, rvr been good lately. Made 210k in 4days so im happy, 85k today (on sm, yes eaazemode)

MxN

Can't get enough of FH
Faril said:
wl is eazzemode class, yes. But if played good it really is a nice class to grp with:) <3 arumos...
and i agree, rvr been good lately. Made 210k in 4days so im happy, 85k today (on sm, yes eaazemode)

shitclass for shit people hence why shit people only roll one

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom