What armor should a CLeric get after Dusk walker armor?

D

danskmacabre

I have a 24th lvl CLeric (excal ablion) and have all the parts of the Duskwalker chain except boots and leggings.

ATM it all cons yellow to me..

But I'm wondering..
What Armor should I get after Chain?
I've noticed that with the chain armor traders I already have better then their maximum?

So do I have to buy crafted stuff now?

Or is there other named (drop) armor that's better than DW Chain?

What do you high lvl Clerics use ?

P

- Pathfinder -

I basically use a combo of Doom/Ilmenite/Stonewatch chain (havn't gotten around to doing my 50 Epic yet :p), but for your level, it's either crafted (adamantium is level 30; nice enough choice when DW turns blue, if you can afford it). If you're in a guild with alot of 40+ people, beg some pygmy chain off them ;)

M

Myshra

at a guess, arnwite chain would be really good for you. find em in snowdonia.

P

- Pathfinder -

Originally posted by Myshra

Don't even mention arawnites :p God the days when that was Albion's best chain *shudder*. Anyway it isn't worth the problem, sub average XP and it's not a very common drop.

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by - Pathfinder -
I basically use a combo of Doom/Ilmenite/Stonewatch chain (havn't gotten around to doing my 50 Epic yet :p), but for your level, it's either crafted (adamantium is level 30; nice enough choice when DW turns blue, if you can afford it). If you're in a guild with alot of 40+ people, beg some pygmy chain off them ;)

I might try and save up some cash to get some Crafted armor then...

BTW, I'm not in a guild yet.
Had a few offers, but never really saw much advantage for being in a guild.
TRied it once with an alt...wasn't much benefit...

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by Myshra
¨'

Ahhhh. getting armor as a drop. that sounds cheap enough...Might try that...:)

O

old.windforce

I wear coral banded since lvl 25 (red at level 35 or so)
af 86, some decent stats. And very easy to get. I use a ancient witherwood bark with it since lvl 30. As a cleric you dont get much beating and the armour doesn't wear down very quick, is cheap to repair and dropped by pygmee goblins

D

Danya

Originally posted by danskmacabre

I might try and save up some cash to get some Crafted armor then...

BTW, I'm not in a guild yet.
Had a few offers, but never really saw much advantage for being in a guild.
TRied it once with an alt...wasn't much benefit...

Guilds rock. :clap:

I'd suggest crafted if you can't get pygmy chain, arawnite isn't worth the effort. Or you could try to get some mail of dissolution from barrows (af 74).

P

- Pathfinder -

Guilds make playing alot more fun, take my word for it :p Dunno how the XPing goes in ABrrows on Excal, but on Prydwen it's usually deserted, meaning you'll typically need to buy higher end armour or receive a Pygmy donation etc before you can go get your own Pygmy (and then high end sets).

O

old.mattshanes

There is some nice chain for sale in DF also tepoks drops some lv30s chain dunno the AF though but its meant to be good i got the lv20-25 set though.:rolleyes:

P

- Pathfinder -

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
There is some nice chain for sale in DF also tepoks drops some lv30s chain dunno the AF though but its meant to be good i got the lv20-25 set though.:rolleyes:

And how many people XP in Tepok? :p

M

Myshra

heres what my guild Guardians of Power did last night:

Go take a keep with rams close to their relic force to start a fight
Defend it for about 20 mins while they hack the doors down etc..
Die coragously at the lord

Run back to DF for guild hunt
get over 250diamond seals for the guild, which when divided up gave us 24 each i think. 24 gets you any glowing weapon you want, or if your like me 2 items which added over 110HP.

both things were massivly fun, being in a guild is great, i wouldn't leave GoP for all the diamonds in DF.

O

old.mattshanes

Pathfinder no one realises now tepoks is good fun and nice loot they always go to poxy keltoi god knows why and besides if u are lv30-40 u could solo for that chain armour.Heh i got 43 diamonds in less then an hour in there:)

P

- Pathfinder -

Pathfinder no one realises now tepoks is good fun and nice loot they always go to poxy keltoi god knows why and besides if u are lv30-40 u could solo for that chain armour.

That's beside the point though, isn't it? :) Where noone goes, you won't find a group for XP, thusly the palce is crap, regardless of hw the XP would be :) Truth of subjectivity and all that.

As he's lv 24 I doubt he can solo for armour with 60-80 af ;)

O

old.mattshanes

Erm who mentioned exp??:p thats the thing its just a rush to 50 for most ppl coz of greed and competition but drops imo make more of a diffence then one lv.:cool:

P

- Pathfinder -

Erm who mentioned exp??:p thats the thing its just a rush to 50 for most ppl coz of greed and competition but drops imo make more of a diffence then one lv.:cool:

So you'd rather solo your way to 50? Uhm, have fun :)

O

old.mattshanes

Bah no i meant when u can get drops solo that help u a lot its better then gaining just a lv in that time.But not always doing this just when u need items instead of non stop exping.

P

- Pathfinder -

Bah no i meant when u can get drops solo that help u a lot its better then gaining just a lv in that time.

Item farming is easier at 50. Next :)

O

old.mattshanes

Hmmm but it be hard getting 50 with grey gear wouldnt it:p

P

- Pathfinder -

Hmmm but it be hard getting 50 with grey gear wouldnt it:p

Pygmy chain. 'Nuff said :cool:

O

old.mattshanes

Heh if they hit u whilst u got grey all over it be hard getting that wouldnt it:rolleyes:

P

- Pathfinder -

Heh if they hit u whilst u got grey all over it be hard getting that wouldnt it:rolleyes:

Which, of course, is why you invest in adamantium/steal Pygmy off a guildie. When will you read? :p

D

danskmacabre

Well, from my experience in Keltoi, It's been pretty good XP in big groups in the ant room up until this level (24).

So I tried roaming around Keltoi with just 2 other people in a group..
The XP was still pretty crap, but the treasure drops were OK..
I was averaging about 20-50 Silver per drop...Not bad.

After saying that, I'm desperate for money ATM, So I might pay a visit to Tepok and see if there's any groups there...Maybe best to check at peak hours between 7-12 pm.

P

- Pathfinder -

Catacombs rock for a 24 cleric ;) Might be a tad uninhabited now with the popularity of Lyonesse and DF, though.

D

danskmacabre

Catacombs rock for a 24 cleric ;) Might be a tad uninhabited now with the popularity of Lyonesse and DF, though.

Where's the catacombs?

D

danskmacabre

Southwestern Cornwall.

Ah ok, Don't think I've been down that way yet...
That could be a nice change.

I just downloaded the Cornwall map and Cordova map..

Definitely need a group in there tho...
Lvl 30+ creatures...

Better XP anyway...:) Thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom