What are your politics?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Take the test - I came out as borderline between Left (Liberal) and Libertarian. I'd guessed the latter, but never really thought of myself as lefty before...

Will

/bin/su
According to your answers, the political description that fits you best is...

Left (Liberal)

Liberals usually embrace freedom of choice in personal matters, but tend to support significant government control of the economy. They generally support a government-funded "safety net" to help the disadvantaged, and advocate strict regulation of business. Liberals tend to favor environmental regulations, defend civil liberties and free expression, support government action to promote equality, and tolerate diverse lifestyles.

No real surprise there. ;)

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Dead centre of the Libertarian camp.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
LIBERTARIANS
[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] support maximum liberty in both personal and[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]economic matters. They advocate a much smaller government; one[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]that is limited to protecting individuals from coercion and violence.[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Libertarians tend to embrace individual responsibility, oppose[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]government bureaucracy and taxes, promote private charity, tolerate[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]diverse lifestyles, support the free market, and defend civil liberties.
[/font]

Will

/bin/su
I was way off to the left. Right at the outside edge. ;)

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
I'm on the borderline between centrist and conservative.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Libertarian. Try this one instead, it's a lot more comprehensive. I came out as libertarian left, despite the fact that I believe in things like eugenics, and that if you're on benefits you should be doing community service 3 days a week, things like street cleaning! Guess they didn't include those, and it skewed my results!

http://www.politicalcompass.org/

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
I came up next to Gandhi on that other one inactionman, just a little more to the right ^^

I aer Spiritual leader!

leggy

Probably Scottish
Right wing fascist dictator with communist tendancies.

Tilda

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
Apparently, I'm more left & liberal than Ghandi and Nelson Mandela! Only the Dalai Lama is more liberal than me!

:p

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I'm almost an anarchist apparently. I'm further left and liberal than Ghandi, Mandela and the Dalai Llama :S

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
It put me on exactly the same spot as Chirac and the Pope. I feel so dirty.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
:D I'm Ariel Sharon:

Economic Left/Right: 3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.08

About right IMO

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
inactionman said:
Libertarian. Try this one instead, it's a lot more comprehensive. I came out as libertarian left, despite the fact that I believe in things like eugenics, and that if you're on benefits you should be doing community service 3 days a week, things like street cleaning! Guess they didn't include those, and it skewed my results!

http://www.politicalcompass.org/

Interesting in that one that all the politicians they show, with the exception of Nelson Mandela, are authoritarian. Which, makes sense when you think about it, only people with authoritarian views would be egotistical enough to want to be politicians in the first place. I'm:

Economic Left/Right: -0.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.62

on that one. Broadly similar to the other test.

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
Your Political Philosophy Is...
Left leaning Libertarian, from the advocates one. On the political compass I am Mahatma Ghandi -3.25 economic -3.9 social.

Damn I always thought I was a Thatcherite :eek7:

Later

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
lol I am exactly centrist, I could have known heh. as to the political compass, now as when I did it the first time, I am the son of Ghandi :)

Vae

Resident Freddy
Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.64

I would have placed myself more central than leftist but the libertarian is probably right.

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
Just call me Ghandi

Leftist liberatarian.

I always knew I was liberal but economically I always thought I was more right wing.

Seems that though I value the market economy I trust it about as far as I could throw an MP's expense account.

Will

/bin/su
Economic Left/Right: -8.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.08

So, again, I'm fairly far out there.

kanonfodda

Fledgling Freddie
Your Personal issues Score is 70%.
Your Economic issues Score is 50%.

Centrist as well

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
Gengi said:
Damn I always thought I was a Thatcherite :eek7:

I took one of those personality indicator tests in my work.

So, in addition to being socially/politically akin to Mandela, Ghandi & the Dalai Lama, apparently I'm closely aligned with Thatcher from a day to day task-achieving point of view...what a combo!

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom