mufc.jpg

real_madrid_logo.jpg

Bayern_Munchen.png

patriots2.jpg

Answer ?
funny%20sheep.JPG

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Well.. Living in Copenhagen I am a sheep for supporting FCK? Should I support Brøndby or perhabs even AAB?

When AAB wasn't competing for the gold, they basically had no fans.. When they finish as number 1 over the winter they suddenly have lots and even more AAB "supporters" appeared when they finally won the gold!

I hate these kinds of threads, because most of the time it's just utter bollox

Ormorof

FH is my second home
mmm yeah, im a hull city fan, but when i move away from hull should i stop being a hull city fan?

should a man utd fan stop supporting man utd just because they are succesful? thats bollox, probably a lot of fans out there who were simply fed up of seeing their team loose every week and so when they start being successful are more willing to go watch them and be louder about it too!

though i admit there are many glory supporters :p

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Should i stop supportign Southampton because we're the best football team in the world, as evidenced by handing man united the game last weekend because we felt sorry for them. I don't think so.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
your all missing the point here.... :p

it's not about the individual clubs

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
What you're trying to say is that if you support one of the bigger clubs, in any sport basically, you are a sheep?

Been a fck fan since I can remember and a Patriots fan since I saw my first NFL game 7-8years ago, when I had no idea who they were or how godlike Tom Brady was

Olgaline

FH is my second home
What you're trying to say is that if you support one of the bigger clubs, in any sport basically, you are a sheep?

no that's your enturpritation, I'm talking about patterns

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I support chelsea, i'm a sheep :( I remember when i was old enough to consciously pick a team for myself i picked chelsea because they were a london club and i thought ruud gullit was cool because of his hair and that he was a player/manager :D

But it's true that success = fans = more money = success

I remember reading about when Man city got taken over, sales of their shirts abroad for the previous year was like 50 shirts, in the first week of the takeover it was over 300 :p

Olgaline

FH is my second home
/bangs head on wall

it's not if you support one single bigger/successful club!
thats not the point!

I'm talking about tendancies and choice patterns...

i get it of you chose a club to support when you where young, I get the point in supporting a local club be they succsesfull or not, dosent play into it.

but sometimes,
a tendancy apears, where people either only pick the top teams to support, and even worse is if they then later start to abandom that club the second the succses begins to dwindel thats a sheep! another word would Win-Junkie.

I get chills each time I have a conversation with some random guy from Odense and if the conversation falls on footballyou get something like this thrown in your face "yeah man, I' love FCK! man," ehm ok!? what's wrong with OB!? the club in your own damn city ? anywhoo.. might be some reason, so moving on ok mate how about the Prem then ? " Ah yeah, love them Chelsea" /sigh ok lets try spain then ? "gotta love Madrid man" gaaah! really ? "yeah man and bayern rulez in Germany" riiight! you mean the idea of actually loosing would send you in a year long suicidal depression ? bet the thought of a lost mail packages keep you sleepless at nights ?

anywho, this thread was mostly made to pick friendly fun at Corkeynorks cause i know he's an FCK/Patriots fan. and i'm a Giants/AGF fan.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I don't know whether to be pleased or insulted that Arsenal aren't on that list lol.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I do know what you mean, i live in london and canterbury and most people i meet support manchester united, a lot of them have never even been up north. it's always some excuse like "my uncle who ive met 3 times once visited manchester so i'm a proper united fan"

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I am a Mancunian born and bred, season ticket holder for 17 of my 33 years, sadly can't afford it anymore due to my health circumstances etc. I am a proper red, I don't care who you call sheep but don't call me one.

Marc

FH is my second home
ive supported the patriots since they got power owned by the bears in the superbowl about 20 years ago

Supported St Helens for 25 years, as I lived there when I was 5.

Supported Barcelona from about the same age because my dad was a scout for them

So Im hardly a band wagonner

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Don't see why people come up with reason why they're not a just supporting their team, because of the success of the team.

Why give a fuck? Support your team, one reason or another. I sure as hell don't give a fuck, what other people think might be the reason.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I am a Mancunian born and bred, season ticket holder for 17 of my 33 years, sadly can't afford it anymore due to my health circumstances etc. I am a proper red, I don't care who you call sheep but don't call me one.

Sheep! ;)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe i'm wrong here but I actually think alot of the people who support those teams don't always do so just because they only want to support the team that's winning.

In American Footie then i'm a Colts fan. Now the reason i'm a Colts fan is that whenever I turned onto American footie a few years ago then it seemed to be a Colts match that was being shown. This meant that I actually learnt who the Colts players were while the other team I was often watching for the first time so didn't really know who any of them were. It's much easier to support the team that you know all the players from than the bunch of random people they are playing.

Now because the "big" teams tend to be the ones that get all the press coverage, it tends to be when you start watching a sport it's games where the big teams are playing that you watch. If you ask people who arn't from the UK which footie team they support then most will give you one of the big 4. Not because they need to support one of the winning teams, but because they get to see a Man U game live once every 1 or 2 weeks and know who plays for them, they see a West ham game once every 3 months and maybe know 1 or 2 of their players tops, because they never get press coverage. I imagine if I asked someone from abroad (who liked footie) to name 6 players from each of the big 4 teams they would probably be able to do it. I doubt they would be able to name 6 players from west brom (in fact I probaly couldn't) so who are they likely to support, results aside?

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
the most funny thing is people trying to defend or justify themselves to olgaline.

you're all sheeps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom