What are the PS2's best games?

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Hi, I just got a PS2 for free :clap: so now I need some games..
I'm already getting GT4 and WWE Smackdown vs Raw.
What other games should I be rushing out to get?

I only want games that arent also on the Xbox as I have an Xbox and think that in comparison if its out for both of the consoles, its best to get it on Xbox.

Thanks! :cheers:

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The appeal of smackdown versus raw is very short lived. Your better of renting it or borrowing it from a friend.

Aada

Part of the furniture
KevinUK said:
Hi, I just got a PS2 for free :clap: so now I need some games..
I'm already getting GT4 and WWE Smackdown vs Raw.
What other games should I be rushing out to get?

I only want games that arent also on the Xbox as I have an Xbox and think that in comparison if its out for both of the consoles, its best to get it on Xbox.

Thanks! :cheers:

the playstation is not known for its best games its more known for alot of crap games that get released week after week after week, with the odd good game coming out here and there..........

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Ch3tan said:
The appeal of smackdown versus raw is very short lived. Your better of renting it or borrowing it from a friend.

I have a wrestling game on the xbox and its REALLY bad so it should be better. Its ok, im looking for it on ebay for under a tenner. :p

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
GTA:SA for teh win!

I still play it every now and then.

One that's not out yet is God of War. There's a demo on this month's PS2 mag.

God of War is fan-fucking-tastic. It takes the best bits of Prince of Persia and Devil May Cry and puts them together. It one of the few games I've actually played for a solid 24 hours. Get it as soon as you can.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
ico
god of war
gta series
DMC 1 an 3
silenthill series
Rez
GT4
ZOE 2
MGS3
Tekken 5
Virtua fighter
kingdom hearts
R type final
Siren
viewtiful joe
killer 7

god of war has been out a while kenny, and released ere last week

Big_Boss

Fledgling Freddie
best gamez i played 4 my ps2 are: Onimusha 3 (for it's fantastic intro. best intro 2 any game u will find on ps2). GTA:VC (really kool much better than SA) God of War ( Supposed 2 be brill) GT4 & a-spec (best racing game eva) Final Fantasy 10 ( U CANNOT GO WRONG WIT THIS GAME a must buy). Devil May Cry ( very good hack and slash) Metal Gear Solid 3( unreal game but u gotta play 1 + 2 to get the story Tekken 5 ( could be worth a look) Kingdom Harts (nice and imaginative game) I'll write back if i think of any more

Big_Boss

Fledgling Freddie
OH yeah no point buyin a wrestlin game as they become very boring and tidous and they always seem to release a new version every 5 month's or so.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Get yourself Fire Pro Wrestling if you have the ability to play imports, easily the best wrestler.

Other than that go for the Singstar games, Frequency, Amplitude, Gradius V.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
God of war is a great game, shame I completed it in the release weekend though! Did the same with destroy all humans as well, although that's not a particularly good game.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Ace Combat 5

I bought this game last month, played the first two levels and then wrote it off as another sappy crappy jappy game. But I dug it out last week out of boredom and started playing through it and I really enjoyed playing it, had me hooked. Storyline is a bit crap, but it is involving, the characters make you want to kill them but the actual flying and shooting down other planes is very enjoyable. If you want some arcadey type game, get this.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Lego Star Wars (with or without toothpaste) !

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Metal Gear Solid 3 - Substance, It looks really cool.

3rd person camera + Online-Play + MSX Metal Gear series, not the dreaded american versions. = The Win!

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
wwe here somes trhe pain only 97p in Game stores atm
also buy ico best game to come out on any console

Domain

Fledgling Freddie
Well, i am more of Nintendo player.. but still i accept even if PS2 has many shit, still has a great number of great games ...

for me, the best PS2 games are -> Gran Turismo - Metal Gear Solid 2/3 - GTA : San Andreas - Final Fantasy 10 - Resident Evil 4 ( inc soon ) , and if you like sports and fights also, you can add ISS pro and Soul Calibur 2/3

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Wipeout Fusion is pretty great. Burnout 3 also, but that's not PS2-specific.
Final Fantasy X is goddamn awful, though. Since when did a totally linear string of cutscenes become a game?

Anyhow, is there anywhere to get Ico without being ripped off by ebay? I don't really want to have to pay ~£30 for something second hand - or is that a reflection of its rarity?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom