What are the most important things to cap on casters?

Galie

One of Freddy's beloved
What are the most important things to cap on casters? What do I need to cap on my template, Skills, Stats, hits, Spell bonuses, resists, charges etc.

I'm building a body sorc template and I was puzzled as to where my priorities should lie. I heard Skill bonuses will not effect me in anyway if I'm specced over 35 in that line, is this true? So shoudl I ignore them?

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
I can tell you that +11 magic skill is about 15-20% more magic damage or so(doesn't effect caps but effects resists too and more chance to hit caps on monsters/players), it's well worth having in your sc no matter if you are 50 spec in the line or 35.

I went for +26 dex overcap on wiz, all resists capped except matter, +17 int overcap, +11 fire and tried to squeeze hits/con overcaps in, but couldn't, got them at 200 so that's good enough, going to still die fast even with 40 more hps or so anyway.

In pryd general section mrmiff did a test to do with +0 magic skill and +11 magic skill in a thread there.

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
+5 normaly is enough to stabalise nukes, no variance and cap damage on each char.

Spells chance "to-hit" is based on the spell lvl vs the target, not the +spec you have.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I think you need to cap most of which you asked about, +dex to cap is prob a must imo, cast speed is everything for a caster imo, unless your a bonedancer.

:)

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Con, Pie, Dex, Skill, Cast speed, Cast range and spell piercing

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
In RvR the runemaster TL stated that each + skill you had above 50 gave you 0.3 or 0.4% more damage per nuke so there is a positive effect. It could be that you get more benefit from making sure you cap dex, piety/int and resists before spending sc points on skills above 50. This trade off is probably more important to think about if you are a non-powergamer though. However, the +skill above 50 do have an impact on PvE both on damage and resist rate.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
For someone going 35 in thier main offence line +11 skill important. Contrary to what you may have read or heard you WILL get variance on DD's until you reach 50 including skills and realm rank. Now, it is true that when you go over 40 with everything the variance drops hugely but you will notice once in a while you will land one DD that hits alot lower than the rest. To many people that is less important than having other extra stats/resists so in the end it is personal preference. It boils down to this, solid DD's that will occasionally go below average or rock solid DD's that never vary over the course of a fight but slightly lower stats/resists. Personally at 35 in the offence line I would take the +11 skill but it either way you won't be gimped.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Iceflower said:
However, the +skill above 50 do have an impact on PvE both on damage and resist rate.

No, +skill purely effects variance before 50 and after 50 it gives a small damage increase but does not increase damage cap. Remember that spell damage cap is purely based on the delve value of the spell + mastery of magery + any ToA bonus-to-caps.

Eroa

Banned
The things that make you hurt ppl more and faster are the best

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
str so u dont get to encumberd to move when striped from buffs and str debuffed xD

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Cant get enc by str debuff's any more , got nerfed a while back I'm pretty sure

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Sycho said:
In pryd general section mrmiff did a test to do with +0 magic skill and +11 magic skill in a thread there.
Thanks for pointing me to the thread - it's nice to clear up BS :p

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
Aye read Pins post on second page. It all comes down to a choice of what to put in that imbue spot, the extra damage is nice to have but do you have to sacrifice something else in the template to get it? And is the sacrifice worth it at the end of the day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom