what are GOA really up to? :)

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
Well, they try putting DAoC out for free, that would solve the population issues :)

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
SPOnG said:
"Players will be encouraged to purchase micro items. It's a lot like how you'd customise your phone with ringtones and wallpapers."

Im sure as hell aint going to have the daoc logo as background and the a daoc theme song as my ringtone. no way :p

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Just to clear a few things up, the free games are a different project to DAoC or W:AR, it's to do with our new portal for which you may have seen recruitment ads in the news recently. The idea is that this portal will offer games aimed at a more casual market, the games are free but you can purchase items in the games with micropayments - things like new outfits or equipment for your character for example.
It's an entirely separate project to our MMOs and is aimed at an entirely different market area, there's no intention to incorporate the things from Goa.com into W:AR or DAoC or vice versa.

Oh and btw Basic_X, one of the people who works here actually did have the DAoC loading music as her mobile ring tone before she came here. I thought it was cool myself.

Gibs

Fledgling Freddie
nice to see you advertised at least 1 of your games. shame its 5 years late and the wrong game.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
wonder if they are using the subs they earn from DAOC to fund this :)

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Oh and btw Basic_X, one of the people who works here actually did have the DAoC loading music as her mobile ring tone before she came here. I thought it was cool myself.

hahahaha. well my brother took his phone and took a picture of the cata loggin screen. he though it was so cool so he used it for a background. i mocked him for weeks :p (personaly im using lion king for my ringtone :p)

Zita

Fledgling Freddie
hahahaha. well my brother took his phone and took a picture of the cata loggin screen. he though it was so cool so he used it for a background. i mocked him for weeks :p (personaly im using lion king for my ringtone :p)

That explains it! :fluffle:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
yeah, don't take the piss, its not like goa make mistake after mistake after mistake :rolleyes:

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Well I guess it's easy to market OLD games for free. ^^
I know that atleast that Pangya Season 2 was getting much advertising in Thailand no more than a month ago.
And I think Gunbound is quite old aswell. I might confuse it with something else tho. ^^

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
wonder if they are using the subs they earn from DAOC to fund this :)

prolly not i guess with the amount of people playing they would have to save up 2 years worth of subs and then the best you'd get is something like this
http://ostermiller.org/calc/tictactoe.html

jokes aside looks intresting i play a few web page based games were the idear is you can play for free but if you pay a little amount of cash u can become stronger etc

trouble is the tweaks make competition hard unless u pay at least something.. ill be having a look at these anyhoo

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Have to admit, I'm really curious as to circumstances surrounding the move to Dublin...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom