What alb class is the most fun in RVR atm?

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
Im thinking of rolling a new 50 alb, but Im not sure what class to pick. Im not a healing kind of guy, I like to dish out damage. I've heard that soloing and 8vs8 is dead on ywain so Im thinking I want a class that shines in groups and keeptakes/defence.

I love my thidranki mincer, but Im not sure minstrel is that much fun when taking keeps at L50? Maybe a wizard is the way to go? At least I got the range for stand-offs.

Any thoughts?

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Im thinking of rolling a new 50 alb, but Im not sure what class to pick. Im not a healing kind of guy, I like to dish out damage. I've heard that soloing and 8vs8 is dead on ywain so Im thinking I want a class that shines in groups and keeptakes/defence.

I love my thidranki mincer, but Im not sure minstrel is that much fun when taking keeps at L50? Maybe a wizard is the way to go? At least I got the range for stand-offs.

Any thoughts?

Minstrel is good in grps and in Keeptakes defence.

Climb walls / Mezz / Stuns probably one of the fun classes to play.

If not Try Theurg always Grp friendly.

Soulja

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks. I thought Theurgs had LoS issues for pets when attacking people on a wall?

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks. I thought Theurgs had LoS issues for pets when attacking people on a wall?

If the Door is Closed and no Wall breach then Pets won't hit target but you still have Dmg spells that hit people on Walls.

You pets are meant to act as Chanter/SM/Charmed Pets work.Not to attack target if there no opening for pets to attack.

Soulja

Toggers

One of Freddy's beloved
I wouldnt go with a theurg to be honest, they are grp friendly for 8 v 8 but with the amount of siege and zerg warfare there is out there i wouldnt play a theurg, sitting there petting a wall isnt fun.

minstrel is quite good fun but with the way it is out there range > all and the fire wizzie bolts are insane fun.

mincer for small man/solo (petsrel specced) but fire wizzie for the best laughs i think.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I have all alb classes 50 and templated and for me this is the order ...

Minstrel , Reaver , Pole Arms , Sorcerer

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Ive always wanted to try a reaver, I saw one in labby last night just running around the hub relic; whenever a grp or a fight went on near he would just run in a bomb it. He was quite succesful in one particular mid vs hib fight and was the last one standing lols.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Ive always wanted to try a reaver, I saw one in labby last night just running around the hub relic; whenever a grp or a fight went on near he would just run in a bomb it. He was quite succesful in one particular mid vs hib fight and was the last one standing lols.

Yea caster reaver is the way to go , my reaver template has 10% melee speed only 2% damage/style dam and 10% magic damage / Spell Pierce , the proc from a cobra does almost 500 damage alone :D

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
Theurg or sorc is awesome:) my theurg nukes for 4-600dmg. And my sorc is mind specced for uber Zerg messes, which is awesome :D

Lightfighter

One of Freddy's beloved
I'd say Minstrel, Good in groups but if you want to take keeps they're useless... Sure if you nerf your way out of backslash/red ablative you can climb walls which can be somewhat useful but nerfs you if you want to solo without having to respecc again, but even then you're still a rogue with crap stealth/offense/defense (vs magic) and will die if the keep defenders are in big numbers unlike armsmen.

I'd still recommend it tho since you'll want speed (/stealth) for soloing, and when you're on keeptakes just roam around for inc instead or something, or try amethyst-slashing down guards á 60 dmg/swing, or send your fully buffed red pet into the oil to get it instakilled :<.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
If you want to dish out dmg then make a fire wizard.. Disregard everything else said in this thread

Everz

FH is my second home
Air Theurg if you want to deal some dmg tbh, i'll crack out a few screenies if you wish to see how much they deal, insanely fun class to solo/duo/zerg/8v8 on, can take on multiples once its rr5 np.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
If you want to dish out dmg then make a fire wizard.. Disregard everything else said in this thread

Cabalist imo , specced for 2nd nearsight , 2nd highest body debuff , leaves you with 38 body or odd , nice pewpew ;)

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for input. I've decided on earth wizzy, cause I figure it will take me ages to gear up a minstrel with no cash, before he would be viable for solo/small grps. Minstrel wont have much to do in keep standoffs, whereas a wizard can jump into the action even with crap gear (probably wont kill anything, but it's better than standing around playing pow song).

All I need to know is how to spec my wizard for leveling (solo)? I guess there will be downtime regardless? I do have a second account, so theoretically I could level a shield tank and an ice wizard, but Im not sure that would be manageable or even faster than solo leveling.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
All I need to know is how to spec my wizard for leveling (solo)? I guess there will be downtime regardless? I do have a second account, so theoretically I could level a shield tank and an ice wizard, but Im not sure that would be manageable or even faster than solo leveling.

Just spec fire and bolt and dd everything. Block bots don't really come into their own till 40+.

Everz

FH is my second home
Air theurg all the way, you'll regret not going for it ;D.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Cabby most fun caster you get a lot of toys. Disease is really annoying, as are DoT's.

Tank... You know I loved the Paladin when they got loving? Have to twist still even now to get the most though.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Cabby, Sorc, Theurg, Wiz

If you're just zerg surfing, any caster really..

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
I got my PvE Cabby to RR4 Just by AoE Dott'ing on Relic raids, When ppl put up a CT for guards and you can just keep hitting it and the dmg is hilarious. So any caster with an AE spell would be good I think. Best char for me with no BB was the tic and the AE snare/dot, that spell is just wicked especially on tower takes; also the focus spell that keeps htting when they go out of range but doesn't ram up is great to :)

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
If wizzie, get to 40 on fire and then spec to ice.

Just need a nice AC group (Do they even exist still? :p) and away you go to 50 :england:

/bow

P.S I must say an air theurg, right up until the yellow aoe mezz, is awesome solo fun. You have CC, DD, pets, BT and speed - plus if you get a good ml it definately makes them a fun class to play. Good luck! :clap:

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
Well after reading Phatboi's minstrel guide Phatboi's Warlord Minstrel Guide -- Dark Age of Camelot: Labyrinth of the Minotaur Vault, Im getting really keen on trying a minstrel. I think I'd love to be able to run around in DF killing loners, stealth duo/trio or just get grouped in the zerg and do my best at sieges. I like the fact that I can get places fast, run away when i want to, solo if i feel like it, stealth-spec if i want etc etc.

Im not sure if DF is dead or not these days but I remember the old days, when everybody rushed in whenever the realm held it, and stealthers would ambush and fights to clear it out erupted - good times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom