What about Shadowbane

O

old.Cero

I have read some about Shadowbane and it seems awesome.

What do you ppl think?

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

From the few screenshots I've seen, it looks fairly ugly, the graphics remind me of the blandness seen in Everquest.

Though I was quite interested in reading about all the different races when I checked out its website many months ago.

S

SFXman

I have to agree on the graphics at least... worse than DAoC tbh :(
Yes, graphics do matter although I have a 37 month UO account now... still... not read that much about it though.

O

old.Cero

well of course the graphic is important but it does not make the game, the game itself have to be interresting in other ways... I have seen some SS and it does not look ugly I think this game will be better than DAoC actually... The whole world is larger and the variation of selecting classes and then subclasses is awesome so much more to chose from. It seems that what DoC not have will be in shadowbane but balanced.

And by the way SWG will be a like NWN in other words CRAP!!!
Lucky I never bought NWN because it sucks so much and am so dissapointed, I have been waiting for this game over a year now.... *sigh* just hope Shadowbane will be what I expect...

:rolleyes:

D

Damon_D

I Like all the diff races and classes in shadowbane, if the game looks ok when it comes out i might try it on for size. Hehe i played UO for very long , my oldest account was 45 months when I sold all 4 of them, bout same time they released "Lord Blackberry's fall from the toilet" They have now totaly and unterly kill'd that game :(

S

SFXman

SWG will be NWN how? Only ~64 players per server or what are you talking about... ??

O

old.Cero

What i wanted to write was that NWN is CRAP and SWG will be CRAP too.

N

Nala Lionne

How the ...

How can you draw that conclusion already? :rolleyes:

Z

Zebarmy

NWN is not a MMORPG

SWG is.

Can't see how you can come to that conclusion yet imho.

We'll see :)

Zebby

S

SFXman

That is why I was confused as to how SWG will be like NWN :)
A disappointment? Well... maybe, maybe not... haven't tried either one.

Q

Quemine

Isn't Shadowbane vaporware?

Can't agree with you on SWG... will be one heck of a game... I'm just waiting for my invite to the closed beta that starts in a couple weeks...

**checks mail**

Poo, not yet...

S

Solid

as far as MMO concepts go, SWG has some amazing ones.

It will be as close to a true RPG as there is.
the whole faction thing, the GM controlled Epic chars (Vader, Luke, Yoda etc) the immense choice in professions, the ability to progress and skill up without havign to bash mobs, the player controlled economy (lightly wardened by GM's).

The GFX are great, the things u can do with ur char are great, ie crawl/lie low and attack so as not to be uncovered/hit.

A sense of law in game so its not a gank fest is important too.

Shadowane has many of these BUT the gfx so far are seriously poor, and with the technology out today, what reason can they use to justify poor gfx?

Just rememebr our favourite qute - "Its Only Beta!" which applies to Shadowbane atm and wil do for SWG on July 15th

S

SFXman

Well I will try if it has an as good or better lightsaber fighting system than Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast... which will be difficult in an MMORPG unless they have extremely good servers and bandwidths...

O

old.chesnor

SWG will suck if every Luke Skywalker wannabe is running around pulling off gnarly JK2 tricks with lightsabres. Hell, in the SW universe there are a handful of Jedi and a massive population.

The game will truly suck if there are millions of Lukke Skywalker, Look Skywalkers, Luke Skkywalkers etc..etc.. running around trying to play an FPS sabre-em-up.

/me shudders.....

S

SFXman

I would love to be some jedi outcast who doesn't belong to any council or nothing... just go around and kill anyone who defies me. Then if possible (I have read nothing but I hear you can do so much that I will start inventing here) make a new jedi council/order with us outcasts... could call it a PK guild :)
Lightsabers (and force powers if there are any, MUST be) only.

M

Mousey

I quote from Old.Cero: [above]
And by the way SWG will be a like NWN in other words CRAP!!!
Lucky I never bought NWN because it sucks so much and am so dissapointed...

Uh? Is it just me or is there a teeny weeny flaw in this logic?

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Mousey
Uh? Is it just me or is there a teeny weeny flaw in this logic?
The fact that he didn't buy it? So he download/borrowed/copied it...

O

old.Prof

It's a bit funny to comment on games that none of us have played so far :p

Many things that sound awesome on paper and in FAQs turn out to be downright horrible in reality so we'll first have to see how those games actually play.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

2005... ShadowBane is finally being released... people flock onto the servers... first bugs are being reported...

"UbiCom is teh suxx0r!!"
"UbiSoft = FunCom!?"
"This is not a flame but when do we get the patch for version x.xx?????"
"xxx are WAY too powerful! NERF THEM"
"Why doesn't my class have power xxx????1111!!!"
"SB is teh suxx0r!!!"
"Have you heard of the new MMORPG called Naked Monster Nuns from Outer Space invade France? Cool, like an FPS game but with stats!!"
"Can't wait until NMNfOSiF is being released! I gonna leave and create an account on the korean servers!"
"I just reinstalled DAoC.."

etc. etc. etc.

Just like a herd of sheep everyone will start playing SB, SWG etc.pp. and like a herd of sheep everyone will start bleeting and flaming.
Heed my words:)

O

old.tRoG

sheep.jpg

sorry, i couldnt resist!

S

SFXman

Sickofit gets it right again. Happens eeeeeeeeeeeevery siiiiiiiiiiiinggggggleeee tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmeeeeeeee... then some find out how truly good a game is and try to ignore the whining bitches and thus we get vets :)

O

old.Alliandre

wish people wouldn't whine just to try and get their char's uber. It's so annoying. Where's the fun in the game without balace ffs. Those damn Americans who whine all the time (not all of them ;)) piss me off so much. It makes me just want to ..........................................poke them in the eye :flame:

T

Thorador

one of the speciality classes in SWG is wookie groomer

i'll buy the game for that alone :D

M

Mexlin

Shadow banes ideas look good, but then again like someone once said "Ideas are only ideas". :)

Just a question - Does anyone here remember the Infamous DAWN game by glitchless? That big fake game that was promised to be the best game ever :) (you could do anything, dig holes + create massive towns underground, fly dragons, make ure own custom buildings) Wish some developer would hurry up and take Glitchless's ideas ;)

S

SFXman

Mexlin, sounds great... but what if someone digs a tunnel to the other side of the planet?

M

Mexlin

hell dont ask me - it was the game programmer that decided all those wacky ideas ;)

+ the game just doenst exist any more - so no need to lose sleep over it :p

M

Mexlin

nah, would be cool tho, make digging tunnels underneath an enemy castle or somefin :) Ah well lets just hope digging is added to DAoC in like 50 patches time (or by GOA's standards, 5000 years ;))

S

SFXman

Yup. Dig you way to Kemor's secret hideout and steal his stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom