Whacky guild pages

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Alright... just checked something on Duskwave and actually clicked on 'visit random guild page'.

This beaut came up... I still don't quite get it, though.
Japanese videogame goes DAoC?

LOL

C

[Cerebus]

OH MY GOD!!

Who remembers that game????? This is without a doubt the single greatest video game in the history of the universe.

Guardian Heroes rocked!!!!

C

[Cerebus]

I can't remember if it was a Megadrive, SNES or Saturn game called Guardian Heroes but it was a side scrolling beat em up with hundreds of characters and a top plot.

An amazing game, pure and simple joy.

guardian01.jpg

guardian03.jpg

guardian02.jpg

I had it once and played it for weeks and weeks. Looking at those graphics I'd say it was a Saturn game.

Yet another top Saturn game that everyone has forgotten. Pfffttt, bloody playstations.

S

Sharma

Ahhhhhh!

looks like one of those wacky japanese games!

ooooh should try it, i like them sorta games!

C

[Cerebus]

Is there even a saturn emulator available?

C

[Cerebus]

Which brings me to another boring point.

The games from my childhood such as Skooldaze and chucky egg 2 are in my mind some of the best games ever made.

Quite simply, they're shit, I know this really but I think the memories are what's good about the game, not the actual game itself.

I downloaded the ROMS of all my favourite games of yesteryear and was hugely dissapointed. After playing GTA, games like Dreamweb for the Amiga just seem a bit pathetic really.

I'd try and find Guardian Heroes but I imagine losing something inside of me. The memories of that being a great game would most probably be dashed because I expect more from games now, back then it was magic to see a green square bounce off a green line.

Guardian Heroes was a great game, I wouldn't play it now though because it probably isn't a great game. I prefer to remember it in a good light.

PS. What the hell am I talking about?

O

old.tRoG

it was just so glaringly obvious, i couldnt resist :)

O

old.Hendrick

Guardian Heroes was indeed a pretty bad game if you actually tried to push buttons with some kind of plan behind it. For Alll-Out Button-Bashing fun with gorgeous animation and nice 2D-graphics it was great, but had absolutely no substance.

And yes, I love my Saturn and still play on it, but Guardian Heroes was not as good as it should have been with those looks :)

O

old.tRoG

kind of like track and field for the play station?

*smacks the run button with abnormaly fast fingers until he breaks out in blisters*

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Winter/Summer Games on ye olde C64 - now that was a game... ruined lots and lots of joysticks playing it. Hehe

Thanks for getting my off topic thread off topic, Fonz0r. :D

O

old.tRoG

you would not beleive the ammount of mice i wore out when i used to play q3 all the time :rolleyes:

even today i plow through these mice like there's no tomorrow - during q3 time it was one every two weeks - since i bought this new computer (Middle of october) I have worn out a mouse.

And it was a pretty darned expensive one too :(

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Don't sit on the mouse - that helps, too.

The missus got me a Microsoft Intellimouse - optical - in xmas 2000... still works fine.

Me wubs optical mouse!!1

O

old.tRoG

maybe its my grubby old mousemat thats doing the damage :)

O

old.chesnor

Originally posted by [Cerebus]
I downloaded the ROMS of all my favourite games of yesteryear and was hugely dissapointed. After playing GTA, games like Dreamweb for the Amiga just seem a bit pathetic really.

Yeah, I kind of agree. Although Chuckie Egg still is undoubtedly a great game, althou CE2 was piss poor. Skool Daze was an amazing game when it came out though, mainly because it was truly innovative. Alot of games where truly innovative back then (obviously), most aren't now. All we get is ever more impressive eye candy, and the same old shite recycled over and over. Take SI as an example. It offers nothing that justifies the 1.4Ghz/GF3 spec apart from eye candy. Yawn. If I want eye candy, I walk out of my front door, not stare at a computer screen.

Heres a link I found anyway. Not particularly funny page, but I love the name Crazy Gradiators !!!

D

-dewey-

Ahhh the saturn, almost as doomed as the 32X, anyone actually have one of those? Still got mine in a cupboard somewhere, with virtua fighter 2 :)

Anyone actually know why they stopped making games for the 32X? Looked pretty cool sticking out the top of my megadrive

S

Sharma

What happened to that thing that was supposed to add onto the megadrive and play CDs.....i played the sonic game on it and it ROCKED, i dunno why it didnt catch on

D

-dewey-

I know what you mean, I might drag out some sega magazines and have a look, sorta like a big ass cd player, think it was independent of megadrive but I might be wrong.....

O

old.tRoG

Well, I sat my playstation ontop of my megadrive when I first got it (3 days after release, I'll have you know!).

A

- Algar -

Does anyone have the link to the webby of the Lurikeen Resistance?

Always good for a few minutes giggles

O

old.tRoG

was flicking through the Lurikeen Resistance page when i found this:

Toto 20th level Eldritch

hmm....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom