well payed Fletcher/alchemist job here

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
this mainly is an inquiry to see if the items needed are availble and what costs would be.

this is the items i'm looking for (if it can be created)

Bow:

MP top level bow (preferably one from each speed type/dps)
Lifedrain proc for Bow (if it does exist)

And the bows should be imbued with : 76 hits , 28 con, and 5% matter/heat resists.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:
And the bows should be imbued with : 76 hits , 28 con, and 5% matter/heat resists.

Lifedrain procs only exist from Sidi, and I'm not sure if alchemied procs on bows work or not yet.

76hits and 28 con? You realise that you will lose this amount of hits every time you change to the bow, unless those are the stats on your sword/shield? Also, if these ARE the stats on your S+S, it means you have gimped yourself completely when you equip Fools/Braggarts/Immolated etc.

Stinkies

Fledgling Freddie
Pretty sure you won't take my advice, but I'm worried about your template if you have those things on your bow, rather than quick and longbow.

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Lifedrain procs only exist from Sidi, and I'm not sure if alchemied procs on bows work or not yet.

76hits and 28 con? You realise that you will lose this amount of hits every time you change to the bow, unless those are the stats on your sword/shield? Also, if these ARE the stats on your S+S, it means you have gimped yourself completely when you equip Fools/Braggarts/Immolated etc.

i know..; con+hits on weapons aren't the superb sollution in templates. BUT, i want to see if that proc is any good.

Basically it would be based as this:

heal over time up and running (spare bracers in baggs with charges)
switching should be easely filled by this.. and the proc on the bow would fill the rest (if it is a decent proc)

hehe, and gimped..; i wouldn't know any better on my characters ;-)

basically i can tell you this... i'm running with all stats needed capped and overcapped. resists on magic aren't capped( spirit energy heat are).

So to put it like this, no matter what bow i use it doesn't make that much off a difference.... (not noticable when playing)

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
hm....

Correct me if I`m wrong.... you want a lifedrain proc on your bow to compensate for the hits your´re losing when you switch to bow?

I can´t hardly think of a situation where a lifedrain proc on a bow would be the effect I want. Taking damage as a Scout usually means that you´re either in melee (and need to melee as well to land a slam/FZ) or a caster is casting funny spells at you in which case you´re dead. Either way, a lifedrain proc won´t save you. If it´s a melee situation (and you´re NOT a melee specced Scout), you need to kill your opponent with your bow while he´s stunned or FZ`ed and can´t touch you anyways (and it doesn´t matter if you´re killing him with 100% or 50% health left). If it´s a caster, you´re gonna receive tons of damage, so a measy proc won´t buy you enough time for another shot... or the caster can circumvent your sure shots by mezzing/stunning you.

I`m not saying a lifedrain proc is utterly useless. But in most if not any normal RvR situations, I`d take a +% to bow damage over a lifedrain proc any time I guess.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:
i know..; con+hits on weapons aren't the superb sollution in templates. BUT, i want to see if that proc is any good.

Basically it would be based as this:

heal over time up and running (spare bracers in baggs with charges)
switching should be easely filled by this.. and the proc on the bow would fill the rest (if it is a decent proc)

hehe, and gimped..; i wouldn't know any better on my characters ;-)

basically i can tell you this... i'm running with all stats needed capped and overcapped. resists on magic aren't capped( spirit energy heat are).

So to put it like this, no matter what bow i use it doesn't make that much off a difference.... (not noticable when playing)

What the fuck?

You know that con and hits is bad, but you want to try the proc? That makes no sense. Proc won't help you, as most of the time you're using bow you are at 100% hp. And having 3-4% archery bonuses on fools etc makes no difference? I reckon it does.

Silly idea really, and obviously a poor template :(

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
What the fuck?

You know that con and hits is bad, but you want to try the proc? That makes no sense. Proc won't help you, as most of the time you're using bow you are at 100% hp. And having 3-4% archery bonuses on fools etc makes no difference? I reckon it does.

Silly idea really, and obviously a poor template :(

could be...

running around : shield wielding....
fight in sight...equip bow>>>>>proc fill added hits...+ extra damage
fight over..lose them again..

i've tested a similar thing once, it was with the Bow that drops in Dartmoor, the one with heal proc on it..

the main thing, and the way i see it, i don't fight to kill a few... then die myselfe and release over and over... there always is a point in playing when you have "won" a fight... no healing near.. but still combat in range.....
So this would make your health come back as well.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
yeah but why don´t you just put all this CON and hits into your normal template (not weapons/shield) and use healing potions instead of relying on a proc that tends to go off whenver you don´t need it and refuses to go off when you do? :)

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
yeah but why don´t you just put all this CON and hits into your normal template (not weapons/shield) and use healing potions instead of relying on a proc that tends to go off whenver you don´t need it and refuses to go off when you do? :)

because i have no craftable spots mate :) (well 2 spots but those are sleeves and boots from sidi and SoM)
arti from head to toe (gimplate),

btw, i understand your point in saying that the proc isn't verry reliable.
But it is one way to bypass the 88 second charge user on items or potions or something like that. (some things can be combined, but most are on same timer)

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Don't be a tight wad...Spend your plats and take Nightheart to rr3.

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Red HATred said:
this mainly is an inquiry to see if the items needed are availble and what costs would be.

Bow:

LOL

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:

Bow:

No crafted procs work on bows.

If you desperately want HP gained from bowshots get the Swiftdeath bow from Dartmoor, it has a 80pt healproc that works. Think it's cheap on cm's.

Besides.. your setup relies on hitting with bow first and then go into melee. The only way that's going to happen reliably is in pve, it won't work reliably enough in rvr and the rest of the time you're at 180 hp disadvantage. That requires a few procs to fill up.

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
enigma said:
No crafted procs work on bows.

If you desperately want HP gained from bowshots get the Swiftdeath bow from Dartmoor, it has a 80pt healproc that works. Think it's cheap on cm's.

Besides.. your setup relies on hitting with bow first and then go into melee. The only way that's going to happen reliably is in pve, it won't work reliably enough in rvr and the rest of the time you're at 180 hp disadvantage. That requires a few procs to fill up.

thx for the info on the proc.
I'll have to test some other stuff then.

I have that Bow from dartmoor in my vaults, tested it and indeed the proc is nice... but when you look at charges, procs etc... the added damage a proc can do is the best add you can have on your base damage.

So a charge or a non-damaging offensive/defensive proc is pretty much off a waiste imo.

but ok, it seems that it is impossible to achive, thx for feedback all

ps: @ elbeek and fr

i should hit 4L6 in a couple of hours ;-)

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
elbeek said:

must be....

because only a retard would make fun off something they don't care about or don't know anything about..??
You're not a retard are you?

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Red HATred said:
must be....

because only a retard would make fun off something they don't care about or don't know anything about..??
You're not a retard are you?

Your point being?

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
elbeek said:
So u are RR4...am I supposed to be impressed?

nope, not at all, but i was reffering to the fact that you make fun off something that ain't true..
i don't play to impress ppl, elbeek

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
elbeek said:
No, you just tell everyone else how to play^^.

me tell others how to play?

i say my oppinion, and ask ppl to be considerate? is that telling ppl how to play. i can't help it that none care for this... as you may notice we're already experiencing a player-drain atm. Shouldn't it be a lot better advertising to tell ppl that they can join oldtimers on their level in a certain way..; would sound a lot more appealing to me to hear that then to conclude that a small - core off controlfreaks deceides who get's what and who can't get what... because that is what all off you do with those stupid pricing .

i'm open for advice.. as seen in this thread..; ppl told me that things don't work..; i made my conclusions..; you take the piss out off ppl..

pffffff

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Red HATred said:
me tell others how to play?

i say my oppinion, and ask ppl to be considerate? is that telling ppl how to play. i can't help it that none care for this... as you may notice we're already experiencing a player-drain atm. Shouldn't it be a lot better advertising to tell ppl that they can join oldtimers on their level in a certain way..; would sound a lot more appealing to me to hear that then to conclude that a small - core off controlfreaks deceides who get's what and who can't get what... because that is what all off you do with those stupid pricing .

i'm open for advice.. as seen in this thread..; ppl told me that things don't work..; i made my conclusions..; you take the piss out off ppl..

pffffff

and who better to offer advice than the King of the Barrows .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom