Rant Well its finally happened....

Starman

Part of the furniture
My Xbox 360 has finally died. I was playing Lost (Very SHIT game btw) which froze. Now whenever I turn on the console it simply freezes at the start-up screen before the dashboard even loads oh and I call MS to arrange a repair and guess what their system is down how surprising. Well at least my PS3 still works fine and much quieter too. If MS think they will charge me I will most likely just dump the x360 tbh.

:lol:

Starman

Part of the furniture
Well after leaving it for around an hour it worked once and has now started RRoD'ing. I have contacted MS to arrange repair but I've now got to wait for the shipping box to turn up. But at least I'm on Holiday for two weeks come Monday so hopefully when I got back I'll have a nice shiney repaired console. Not too bad really the console just passed its 2nd Birthday :p

Yaka

Part of the furniture
they arnt replacing em with new ones any more, you will most likly get the new revison of the mobo. if yours is like mine without the hdmi socket then its preety much the falcon board minus the hdmi socket. one thing about these boards it should be modable to fit in a hdmi socket your self:)

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Wonder if St^ will have fun in this thread.

I'm not a console war fanboy. I've never talked shit about Microsoft or the 360, not the games or the hardware. I just argued a bit with people ABOUT SONY during the era of "letz post sony bad newz lulz" which has actually disappeared now.

I'm considering getting a 360 if reviews of Infinite Undiscovery are good. So there. :p

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
By the way, are the newer 360's RRoD-free or just less susceptible?

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I'm not a console war fanboy. I've never talked shit about Microsoft or the 360, not the games or the hardware. I just argued a bit with people ABOUT SONY during the era of "letz post sony bad newz lulz" which has actually disappeared now.

I'm considering getting a 360 if reviews of Infinite Undiscovery are good. So there. :p

Just pulling your leg anyway mate ;)

Will

/bin/su
I've got a new one now, and it certainly seems more stable that the old version. It doesn't crash sporadically while playing Oblivion. Though I sold my first one, it didn't RRoD.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
New 60gb premium consoles replacing the 20gb from Friday, expect some deep price cuts or good bundles as retailers clear the stocks of 20gb consoles.

It's hit and miss with the RROD ST^, although the newer consoles are much more stable and quieter. Having said that, my cousin has my launch 360 and it is still chugging along without a single issue.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Plenty of guides around to remedy or prevent RROD anyway.
Even seen Lian-Li's idea, they've released a third party case for them :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

The new 360's are much much better bud, not perfect but not far off now. The occasional RRoD still occurs but even the odd PS2 dies from time to time, you would be pretty unlucky to have a brand new 360 die on you now as they run alot cooler than the early ones plus they don't suffer from the soldering issues those machines had.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
i delayed repairing mine for ages cuz i couldn't be bothered... but finally got off my ass to do it.. got my mailing ticket to printoff very fast (less than a day later) pakced my xbox and the courier came that evening.. the same time next week i got my xbox back, it's a brand new console (crisp clean, everything in bags/foam etc) .. fantastic service considering i had no receipt and had bought the console 3 1/2 years ago second hand :|

ECA

I am a FH squatter
i delayed repairing mine for ages cuz i couldn't be bothered... but finally got off my ass to do it.. got my mailing ticket to printoff very fast (less than a day later) pakced my xbox and the courier came that evening.. the same time next week i got my xbox back, it's a brand new console (crisp clean, everything in bags/foam etc) .. fantastic service considering i had no receipt and had bought the console 3 1/2 years ago second hand :|

Yes because I'm sure microsoft can deny that your xbox isnt one of theirs :p

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
well it's good service (one week for a new console) considering my xbox was 1) old and 2) second hand.. can't fault it at all

360 still rapes ps3 by a huge margin.. it's not even close

Uliea

Fledgling Freddie

RRoD happens much less on the new consoles. I've had three elites back in the past year and no HDMI arcade/Pro consoles with RRoD at work.

We get 2-3 back a week with RRoD on the old model, so bloody annoying. At least Microsoft are offering the 3 year cover on RRoD.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
but they do happen had 2 relatives who both got thier elites in june have RRODs

over all the replacement service is much faster and better than it was at first. i am on my 5th replacement so far. only thing stopping me buying a new x360 is the fact i wont be abel to play my xbla games off line

Yaka

Part of the furniture
you can but its not quick takes a couple of months in some cases

Starman

Part of the furniture
My original X360 (Same serial) arrived back from repair today and thus far seems to be working fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom