Well I tried to buy Catacombs from some shops in London......

illu

Part of the furniture
Hi peeps

Our euro cousins have been playing the game for about a week, or downloading it from that site in the sticky above, but I thought that by now it would be in the shops.

I went to Game, Woolworths, HMV and a computer game shop. They all looked at me and either said they'd never heard of the game - or it wasn't in yet, or it is being released "possibly" in 2 weeks(!).

Am I just being really unlucky?

TBH what a joke!

Going to order the game from play.com now.

How are new people meant to buy the game, find out about the game, hear about it if nowhere stocks it or advertises it?

Surely there is an advertising budget - someone ought to use some of it some time. The only people that seem to be left in the game are people who have been with it for years, and tbh a lot of people are getting a bit bored with it and moving on - simply because they've been playing the game for 2-3 years.
The "new" people playing new characters are simply people who are already playing the game, and instead of playing their usual character, they are playing one of the new classes.

We need new blood so that the servers don't become empty.

Oli - Illu

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Samaroon EatsCheese said:
ive just bought two copies from game in newcastle o_O

Dont you have to change the language file from geordie to english?

:m00:

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
We need new blood so that the servers don't become empty.

Oli - Illu

Quoted for truth

*edited for the fun of it* :p any more of these and I reset your postcount for +1ing

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
yes one guy not beign able to find the game obviously makes this a huge ukwide problem.

All the people I spoke to so far picked it up in their stores no problem... yes a couple days late due to the "mega" issue but it's in stores...

Also don't forget the box that is gonna bring in the new blood gets released the 15th (the all in one box the expansion is aimed and (duh) people who already play the game)

illu

Part of the furniture
Shanaia said:
yes one guy not beign able to find the game obviously makes this a huge ukwide problem.

All the people I spoke to so far picked it up in their stores no problem... yes a couple days late due to the "mega" issue but it's in stores...

Also don't forget the box that is gonna bring in the new blood gets released the 15th (the all in one box the expansion is aimed and (duh) people who already play the game)

Ok - perhaps I've just been unlucky, BUT surely the game should be "relatively" easy to find. All I saw was millions of Splinter Cell : Chaos Thoery Games. I'm sure it's never this hard when Everquest or Star Wars or any game bring out an expansion pack :>

Oli - Illu

Vagabond

Fledgling Freddie
Samaroon which store did you get it from? Every one I went to was still saying it wasn't released until the 15th.

Even Grainger games, who are usually pretty good with releases said the 15th. Ended up getting it from dlgamer in the end.

DLgamer-oot

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
Ok - perhaps I've just been unlucky, BUT surely the game should be "relatively" easy to find. All I saw was millions of Splinter Cell : Chaos Thoery Games. I'm sure it's never this hard when Everquest or Star Wars or any game bring out an expansion pack :>

Oli - Illu

Hahahaha, ask your british friends about Jump to LightSpeed release in October 27 2004, well no November 7th, ackl no, November 15th err well sometime in November 2004.

GoA is very very far from the worst people in the industry, quite the contrary :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom