well, for others having billing problems...

O

old.yaruar

Finally got a reply from goa..

Their conclusion was that I was trying to pay from a russian IP address and this was not possible and my credit cards have been blocked.

Which is all well and good, apart from the fact I was logging in from London and my ISP is an an established british company (bulldog DSL) and my ip address is fixed and very much a uk based address because it sits happily on the router I have in my hallway at home in Zone 3.

Looks like the bibit registration system is well and truely fscked guys... I can't see this being resolved easily. Unless I log in somewhere else and try to get them to unblock my cards (or apply for a new set of switch/credit cards.)

anyone interested can read the rather useless bibit white paper on their security models here...

http://www.bibit.com/pdf/whitepaperriskmgmt.pdf

shame their actual systems don't work..

well, if I don't get this sorted in a day or so I doubt I will come back to the game as it really isn't worth the hassle...

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by Apathy
Pffft. Zone 3 practically IS Russia.

a.
it's worse than that...

it's practically essex.....

J

Jupitus

You got a 56k modem? Get yourself a freebie anytime 56k account (can use it for a backup anyway, freeserve for example) and log on using that, then try....

Good luck :)

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Is it only me that's concerned that GOA's crappy subs service is picking up IP's which appear to originate from russia? I'm no internet security expert but couldn't this be evidence of some level of hacking?

Or maybe I'm just paranoid.

N

ning

Originally posted by old.Trine Aquavit
Is it only me that's concerned that GOA's crappy subs service is picking up IP's which appear to originate from russia? I'm no internet security expert but couldn't this be evidence of some level of hacking?

Or maybe I'm just paranoid.

BiBit, no GOA. http://www.bibit.com/

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by Jupitus
You got a 56k modem? Get yourself a freebie anytime 56k account (can use it for a backup anyway, freeserve for example) and log on using that, then try....

Good luck :)

I could just log in from work, but they might frown on me fiddling with the security settings on the firewall just for this. However I don't want to have to use a different system to log on... certainly not my usual, nice, secure home network.
And I don't need luck, I need goa to choose a nice secure working billing provider..... Bibid actually do better security models than this, especially ones with address verification and other forms, however goa seem to have chosen the least secure and therefore most likely solution to fail.

J

Jupitus

I'm sure they are probably as pissed at Bibit (sp?) as you are right now, but contractual terms would both prevent them from saying so and also prevent them just dumping them. Their only option is to work very closely with them and keep the pressure on to find solutions to the issues. That's business... it may suck, but it's business.:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom