well done

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Even though its always a pleasure to see the Gooners take a beating, let me be the first to say well done. First English club to beat AC Milan at the San Siro. Fair play. :clap:

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Fuck that, big result was Harriers winning 6-0 vs Stafford Rangers.

That said, Arsenal won the game at the Emirates, Milan's home record this year is shocking, W4 D7 L2, hopefully they'll lose miserably to someone shit next round.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah well done, it is a Milan side a little too long in the tooth now, but Arsenal dominated the match and did not let Milan dictate anything.

I think any of the big 4 (yes even Liverpool) could have beaten the Milan side of this season if they played to their best.

Now a juicy match would be the current Arse or United squad against last year Milan.

Potential 4 English teams through to the second knockout stage of the champs league again.

And if you look at the potential opponents the odds look good for an English side to win it. I fully expect Madrid to turn over Roma tonight, Porto or shalke will not give anyone a major headache. So really a Barca side which still leaks too many goals, or a Madrid side which has had a great season, but has started to go off the boil.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think any of the big 4 (yes even Liverpool) could have beaten the Milan side of this season if they played to their best.

Just checking - would that be the "even liverpool" who've been to the champions league final twice in the last 3 years, winning it when they came a lowly 5th in the league with a squad half the strength that they have now?

:smug: /ON

;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes, that would be that monumental waste of talent that plays boring innefectual football.

You were lucky to win it when you did, you got to the final last year by ignoring the league. Liverpool are a joke at the moment, I doubt Benitez would be in his job if hicks and Gillet had not made such a PR nightmare of things.

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
I have to agree with ch3t (and boy does it make me feel dirty)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Tee hee hee. I hear some bitter people talking :)

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
If you take your blinkers off you will probably be able to hear better, its not bitterness. its fact. Liverpool may have won the CL twice but they are by far and away the most inconsistant of the top 4. Winning a knockout cup is one thing but sustaining form for a season like manu, arsenal and chelsea have is another.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Liverpool are peadophiles too !!!1

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If you take your blinkers off you will probably be able to hear better, its not bitterness. its fact. Liverpool may have won the CL twice but they are by far and away the most inconsistant of the top 4. Winning a knockout cup is one thing but sustaining form for a season like manu, arsenal and chelsea have is another.

No blinkers here.

I agree with your assessment that Liverpool are (by far) the most inconsistent of the top four - it's not rocket science to work that one out. But I disagree with the other (blinkered) assessments knocking about. Having a lot of time on my hands I'll answer them tho:

Yes, that would be that monumental waste of talent that plays boring innefectual football.

If 4th placed Liverpool plays boring innefectual football what does that say about the rest of the entire league? (Or Arsenal's last season). This season we've been regularly banging in 3+ goals and at times played some stormingly entertaining matches. It's obviously effective because we're 4th (providing we win against the Hammers tonight) - and if you look at the season-upon-season improvement that Rafa's delievered in terms of playing staff, points takehome and variety I'd certainly not say boring.

As entertaining as ManU and Arsenal? Nope. Not yet.

As entertaining as Chelski? Well - pretty much everyone's more entertaining :)

You were lucky to win it when you did

Lucky?? I challenge you to go back and find a team that took a more spectacular route to the final. We had to beat top-class sides to get there and we had to beat THE top class side to win it (when they were on top of their game, mind, not the half-Milan that Arsenal just beat).

I guess it was a dull and boring final tho. That much pretty much everyone agrees on :p

you got to the final last year by ignoring the league

Ignoring the league? Did we not play all of the games? If you follow Benitez' squad rotation you'll also understand that the quality of squad put out for league games was identical to that of the Champion's league. And do you not think that if the Liverpool fans thought for even a second that Rafa was "ignoring" the league that he'd have lasted as manager?

In fact, to my mind Rafa's only thrown the towel in once - this season when we were two goals behind with 10 minutes to go and a crucial Champs league match coming up. He got ROASTED for negative subs. And rightly so.

And even if you think all the above is hot air and guff Sydrik, what isn't is that I'm not going to worry too much about the assessment of someone who can't get his facts right in a football post - We've won it FIVE times, not twice - but you're probably referring to last years final which we lost - but at least we were there to lose it :)

My assessment? We're a few players short of the league at the mo. It was always going to be a tall ask this season (the current owners both said so at the start - which was fair enough). I won't bore you with a discussion on this tho...

...anyway, we're playing West Ham in 15 mins - sopcast /ON :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom