Weird Q2 demo problem, please help

O

old.Neef

I recently got back into q2 but am now having a weird problem every time i playback a demo, it all runs fine till the player makes a quick movement and then it goes all jerky. Like i was watching a ctf demo and whenever the guy grappled onto a wall it starts to chop out when he pulls himself to the destination, or whenever somone strafe or rocket jumps it gets all jerky too, this even happens when i play back demos that i have made myself. It's not a framerate problem cause i get 200fps so what the heck could be goin on here? i have reinstalled the game, didn't work, reinstalled windows, didn't work, so i'm at a complete loss as to whats goin on here. Thanks for any help.

M

Mr B

it's a problem with recording demo's...

If the fps on the client that is recording is too high when they move really quickly the sampling rate for the .dm2 file is just too low - hence you get the jerking effect whenever the player is moving fast.

O

old.Neef

so is there any way i can fix this? do the demos have to be recorded at a lower fps for them to play back correctly?

M

Mr B

No, there's no way for them to be recorded properly - when the game code was being written initially, there was no grapple and strafe-jumping was just a bug waiting to happen.

Basically you were never meant to go that fast...

AFAIK, E&OE, etc...

B

O

old.Neef

Re: Re: Weird Q2 demo problem, please help

Dang, oh well thanks alot for the information Mr B, appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom