Weird in-game stuff happening?

Gray

FH is my second home
Ive had WoW installed for about mmmm less than 2weeks now, and there seems to be tidbits of problems which seemingly occur.

The first, which has been happening for a long time, is for instance, im walking and then all of a sudden certain "angles" or "points" start directing themselves into my character. It looks like the textures are stretched and the point of view in my character.

The only way i have (knowingly) fixed it, is if i ALT+TAB back into Windows and then go back into the game. I have asked a few people who have also said that they have this problem, but im unsure of a "fix".

The other one(s) are a bit more sinister, i will either get BSoDed (And it mentions some Nvidia file i do believe... will have to write it down) with the error message IRQL_LESS_THAN_EQUAL. Yeah. I know all about this error message, and the millions of things it could be, but its pointing towards the graphics card again.

If i dont get a bluescreen, i get what i would call the "Commodore effect" where the screen turns into the loading screen of the age old Commodore, with sound looping - Until the BSoD again.

Today i have noticed a lot more "lag" coming about, not internet lag because the ping is ranging from 30-100'ish, but more stuttering.

Has anyone else had these types of problems while playing it? It seems to only happen when playing it - Restarting the PC in some cases doesnt help either, as it would just re-occur afterwards.

Now for small system spec:

AMD Athlon 3200+ (2ghz) Processor
BFG Geforce 6800 GT Graphics Card (On Nvidia 71.84 drivers)
2* 512mb 3200 DDR Kingston Memory (400mhz) (Underclocked to 300mhz because of memory problems)
Abit NF7-S v2.0 Motherboard

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Egad. Gray, with this kinda thing on top of your recent virus debacle, it seems pretty clear that your PC is a virtual disaster area. For God's sake, and your machine's, format and be done with it.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
What's the effect on your power supply, or more importantly the amps over the 12v rail? (you can usually read this on the power supply or on the manufacturers website)

You should really aim for ~450W+ with ~20+ amps on the 12v rail for such a graphic card.

Vantros of the Delerium

Fledgling Freddie
its the new nvidia drivers.. wow dont seem to like them.. also the drivers dont seem to like some cards very much.. so if yer useing the newest drivers that yer problem right there

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Vantros of the Delerium said:
its the new nvidia drivers.. wow dont seem to like them.. also the drivers dont seem to like some cards very much.. so if yer useing the newest drivers that yer problem right there
I'm running 71.89 and have no problems whatsoever with WoW.

Gray

FH is my second home
Yeah i checked the Nvidia site before posting to see what the new drivers where, said the latest was the 71.89, will see what to do about possibly updating em later today...

hmm

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Btw, something just occured to me (after reading the IRQ err message again).

You're not running an on-board sound card, are you? Try updating those drivers as well (wether on-board or regular).

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Gray said:
The other one(s) are a bit more sinister, i will either get BSoDed (And it mentions some Nvidia file i do believe... will have to write it down) with the error message IRQL_LESS_THAN_EQUAL. Yeah. I know all about this error message, and the millions of things it could be, but its pointing towards the graphics card again.

It could honestly mean ANYTHING. If it's the graphics card, its probably getting too hot, or sucking up too much power (or not getting enough).

Gray said:
If i dont get a bluescreen, i get what i would call the "Commodore effect" where the screen turns into the loading screen of the age old Commodore, with sound looping - Until the BSoD again.

Sounds a lot like what I just said, over heating, or as I experienced when using a dual CPU setup back in the day with my Geforce DDR, my power supply was too weak and puny to handle it all :)

Gray said:
2* 512mb 3200 DDR Kingston Memory (400mhz) (Underclocked to 300mhz because of memory problems)

Humm... what? Maybe you should kinda, look at that? :|

Gray

FH is my second home
Aye, the IRQL error was a well known problem sometime ago, which i eventually pinned down to the memory, i think the memory i have maybe not completely compatible with my motherboard, i dont know, i have raised it with Kingston who said to RMA it, but as soon as i said i was from the UK i never heard from them again???

My motherboard (Abit NF7-S v2) does have onboard sound which also did have a few problems, so i disabled it and bought an Audigy 2 soundcard, problem sorted.

I have my Enermax Noisetaker 485w still in its packaging sat next to me, because about a month ago there was a powercut and it kinda blew up (Even when i had surge protection...) so im somewhat reluctant to actually install it :p

But ive updated my Nvidia drivers now, cant test it properly because of the fact that i think BT are doing work on our line (typical...) and i am getting disconnected regularly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom