Wednesday 3rd - Fortress of storms raid. Need lots

Delket

One of Freddy's beloved
OK, 3rd attempt at this and guys...you will all need credit so please everybody who has toa come to this. We need a lot of people (huge amount) and thus far the turnout has been average. Postpone your smaller raids and get this out the way as theres a lot of people on or approaching this step now and it needs to be done. We have new tactics to use and with balanced groups and some more people i think this can be done.

Spread to your alliance etc, get the word out. meeting 7:30pm GMT at stygia haven!

Speeedy

Fledgling Freddie
Count me in ;o

For any not sure about not coming to help as you are going on a lower lvl ML raid.. If you do any ML step (not just the level you are on) you do not have to do it again apart from the last encounter. I get the feeling that 4.2 will not be done that often so would be in everyone's intrest to turn up or even just to pass the message on to guildies.

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Speeedy said:
. I get the feeling that 4.2 will not be done that often so would be in everyone's intrest to turn up or even just to pass the message on to guildies.
I would like to second that. ML4L2 quest is a bottleneck and a pisstake, so please, gather everyone you can and come.

If you haven't started doing ML's yet, speak to the arbiter on the rifght hand side of the portal in Ruins of Atlantis.

-SF

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
Will try to bring a few gimps along with meself, but cant promise we can field balanced.

Seline

Fledgling Freddie
Noooo, can't make Wednesday at that time :( Fridays and weekends are my best times for evenings :( Ah well :(

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
If i have ToA by that time, im in :) with my gimp 50 LB scout :touch:

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
old.windforce said:
finally a time i can make :)

I'll drink to that. Will bring my cleric, and probably at least one guild group.

edited to add: Slo, aren't you running a dragon raid then?

Delket

One of Freddy's beloved
Yes if you have toa and are on ANY ml you WILL get credit for this meaning u dont have to do it later.
And yes PLEASE come. Many of you know ive lead dragon raids/apoc raids but seriously running one of these raids is a nightmare so i dont want to do it often tbh :p

Shinlu

Fledgling Freddie
I'll be there and I'll will bring atleast 1fg of Stigmata I hope.

Trancer

Fledgling Freddie
dragon raid?

old.windforce said:
finally a time i can make :)

will come cleric and manabot

Hmm, so what about your dragon raid? oh and if the dragon raid doesnt happen or i'm not selected, count my in cayote!!

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
dragon raid is off due to to few people signing up and ML raid at same time

disn't see it was same time at first

old.Sko

Fledgling Freddie
Just a word of warning guys - ML4 is linked - so if you're doing FOS you want to do whole ML4 from start to finish. Storm crystal obtained from 4.2 is used to open portal to 4.8 and you get only one crystal for the whole raid.
Before raid do group steps - kill collosal and lion on "T".

Other thing to avoid towns repopping do towns in following order -
- Town closest to styg delta
- Town closest to river
- Town closest to zonewall
Otherwise towns will repop and raid will be wiped

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Aye Sko is right. You can't get to 4.8 step unless you have all the 6 items needed to open the portal.

Quote:
"You get to 4.8 by putting the 6 gems into the gator statues. This will create a portal on top of the pyramid that will gate you to 4.8."

"The six stones, in west-to-east order of corresponding statues, alternating north and south of the river:
Crystalized Ghillian Eye - 4.6
Sandstone - 4.5
Radiant Sunstone - 4.4
Eye of Ra - 4.3
Storm Crystal - 4.2
Bloodstone - 4.1"

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
Ezeine said:
Aye Sko is right. You can't get to 4.8 step unless you have all the 6 items needed to open the portal. Dunno if this was meant to be missing from Delkets post ;)
"

Mm, hadn't realised that. So is it worth us turning up at all if we can't do the whole thing at once?

Speeedy

Fledgling Freddie
Been told the plan is to take the bg and do 4.2 / 4.8 / 4.10 if any wish to

Suggest people make sure they are there before the start time to sort groups and get organised as this could be quiet a long raid after all :eek6:

Just thinking tho.. with 4.10 do you need to go through the same portal as you do for 4.8?

Path

Fledgling Freddie
Basically:

4.2 is just the credit encounter for 4.2; however you also get an item you need for 4.8 (we have the other items since last Friday). If you stay on after 4.2, you'll get credit for this step as well (which basically involves activating the portal, going through and slaying a little snake), and you'll get to travel inside the pyramid and take on the Manticore (and roll for loot). The pyramid is accessed separately using another item (from 4.9) which I have on me.

If you can't come, for various reasons, for 4.8, what's in it for you? Well, adventure, excitement, fun! :) And of course, encounter credit for 4.2 - this means you can just tag along a BG next time they do 4.8 without doing 4.2 at that time.

Delket

One of Freddy's beloved
indeed, 4.2 is a pre-req to 4.8 but 4.8 is incredibly easy in comparison so pop along and get your credit then your happy in the future :)

Vae

Resident Freddy
Path said:
Basically:

4.2 is just the credit encounter for 4.2; however you also get an item you need for 4.8 (we have the other items since last Friday). If you stay on after 4.2, you'll get credit for this step as well (which basically involves activating the portal, going through and slaying a little snake), and you'll get to travel inside the pyramid and take on the Manticore (and roll for loot). The pyramid is accessed separately using another item (from 4.9) which I have on me.

If you can't come, for various reasons, for 4.8, what's in it for you? Well, adventure, excitement, fun! :) And of course, encounter credit for 4.2 - this means you can just tag along a BG next time they do 4.8 without doing 4.2 at that time.

So am I right in that:

To do 4.8 you need items from 4.1-4.6. Only one item is dropped from 4.2.

Can you do 4.8 without having done 4.1-4.6 (except 4.2) as long as someone else has the items?
If you do 4.2 and get the encounter credit then, as there's only 1 drop, aren't you going to have to wait for a bg to do 4.2 again to get another item so that you can join that bg doing 4.8 in which case there's no point doing 4.2 without doing 4.8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom