WebCam Publishing Software

Dr_Weasel

One of Freddy's beloved
Ive been inspired since seeing the BBC article on the thieving scroat that got caught via a web cam, and also by the fact that Im currently out in the US with work and all things electrical are dirt cheap so I bought myself a webcam today. Ive been poking around the web for some free software that will send regular updates to an ftp server. Ideally I also want it to be motion capture rather than just periodical.

So far the best I seem to have found is "WheresJames Webcam Publisher" that says it will do motion capture, but Ive not sussed that bit out yet, but it will upload pictures to an FTP site on a regular basis.

Can anyone recommend any decent windows xp software that does this? I seem to find lots of recommendations for Linux software but not much for windows.

Also, how can I get an auto reloading web page? This webcam publishing software will upload a picture every 30 second to www.blahblahblah/image.jpg but if you point your web browser to this, you have to hit reload to see the new images. How do you get it so that the page reloads the image is updated?

Ta.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
ActiveCam

It does motion capture and on motion detect will upload, record etc etc. It even generates a web page for you to upload to wherever you like, either realtime using Java or a simple 30 second (or whatever period you set) update.

Dr_Weasel

One of Freddy's beloved
Thanks Kenny, thats exactly what I was after. Weasel-cam monitoring the hotel maids is now in opperation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom