web page advice please

Ezteq

Queen of OT
heeeeelp!!!!

question to all you boffins out there, how can i get a web page/site for myself? i have a 56k connection so big dl's are kind of impossible i need a page for some pics and stuff so something roomy would be nice, tried geo-cities and the page builder jammed if anyone can give me advice on where to look, how to get set up etc e4tc i would be awfully grateful :cheers:

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Your ISP doesn't supply a few MB of space for free?

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Most ISP's only provide storage now if your a paying customer (other than the space used for e-mails). Some of the best deals for web-space are for broadband services, but you have to be a big net user to make it worth while.

Depending on how big you want the page and on how fancy you want it, depends on the service and creation tools (not to mention your own expertise). To build the sucker, use Frontpage if your just a dabler, or Dreamweaver if your trained. As for service providers, that will depend on whether your willing to spend the money and how much (plus if a decent service is available in your area).

Sorry to say, it's going to require research and legwork to realy solve this problem. One peice of advice though, don't use AOL Broadband, I fix PC's and the complaints I get from AOL users is getting stupid. And if you get a modem with your service, make sure it's linked to your network card and NOT the usb (more trouble than it's worth).

Hope that helps (after a fashon)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
aww man, thank you for help i dont think im going to be able to do it thnk you though mate

Jeeves

Banned
I have AOL Broadband attached through a USB port, no problems whatsoever. x<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom