'Wear It Pink Day!' Friday 28th October 2005

Dying

Fledgling Freddie
Friday the 28th October 2005 is 'Wear It Pink Day!' in aid of the Breast Cancer Campaign.

I'm inviting the whole of Prydwen, regardless of realm, to dye their armour Mauve (near as dammit Pink) for the day in recognition of this worthy cause.

Be Pink and Proud :)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
And may I ask what will wearing Pink help against when it comes to cancer ? :eek7:

Running around in pink will only make people believe we are actually joking about something so serious as Cancer!

So, not a good idea.

Regards, Chosen!

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Chosen said:
And may I ask what will wearing Pink help against when it comes to cancer ? :eek7:

Running around in pink will only make people believe we are actually joking about something so serious as Cancer!

So, not a good idea.

Regards, Chosen!

Or that we're showing our awareness of the situation, are you saying that the pink wristbands for breast cancer are just 'joking about it' too?.

Odd interpretation of the idea i must say.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Vladamir said:
Or that we're showing our awareness of the situation, are you saying that the pink wristbands for breast cancer are just 'joking about it' too?.

I can accept pink wristbands. But running around beeing pure pink looks stupid. Maybe dye yourself black except the sleeves that should be pink ? Looks better that way if you ask me.

Regards, Chosen

CuddleBunny!

Banned
Vladamir said:

a % of the money the money from selling wristbands goes to some sort of organisation tho, doubt the npc's will sell their platinum for irl cash and donate it to cancer organizations o_O

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
Its not purely about making money its about awareness of breast cancer, thats why its called "breast cancer awareness" not "breast cancer charity fund"

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Dying's intention is not to poke fun at cancer, I think the wearing pink is a nice way to express respect for victims and their families, even if it sounds so trivial!

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
Chosen said:

So, not a good idea.

Regards, Chosen!
to raise awareness you prick.... >.<

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Mikah75 said:

he does have a point though

Dont think a person on this earth that doesnt know what cancer is

Will be supporting this cause fully though :)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Mikah75 said:
Mature...

But seriously, think about this! People that haven't read about this article(Believe it or not, not everyone read FH), and then see a bunch of Mids/Hibs/Albs running around in the frontiers wearing all pink. Do you think the first expression would be a) "Oh, that has to be something about awarness when it comes to cancer" or b) Laughing their ass off because it looks just plain silly?

I for myself, if I hadn't read this thread would go for b.

So, as I mentioned above. Why not dye yourself all black except your sleeves that will be dyed pink? It will resemble the pink wristband more, and people won't look silly.

I'm not saying I'm totally against the idea, because the idea itself is good. But I don't like the way you want to express the idea of yours!

Regards, Chosen

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
Dont worry about looking stupid, pink suits everyone
Pink is actually one of my favourit colour :e
everyone should wear pink at least for a week!

But I dont get the idea of wearing pink to show awarenes of
cancer.. not like every single one of us is gonna do jack about
it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom