Weapon speed and Damage

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Can anyone tell me the procedure to work out how much dps your character will be doing in one swing? Including all weapon skill, quickness, weapon speed etc etc

And also how fast he/she will be attacking per second?

Thanks in advance.

Hagg

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
well, with my limited knowledge about melee here goes:
you can maximun hit at 1.5 sec, after that only dmg will decrease but not spd. to get maximum dmg output you need slow mainhand and fast offhand... their spd will be put together and multiplied with 2, so mainhand will hit faster than its intended to and thus giving higher dmg output because main hand dmg wont decrease... cap of quickness is 250, exeeding that same thing as melee spd will happen, lesser dmg, same spd.

short version ;>

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Ok that helps thanks mate.

But do you or does anyone know the equasions for working it out? ;x

Zaffa

Can't get enough of FH
quickness dosnt matter for damage, damage in daoc is calculated by damage pr second, so no matter if you hit hard or fast you will do same damage over time... fast weapons are good for lots of procs though, while slow weapons have an advantage since first hit is "free" and it will damage more than a fast weapon... slow weaps are allso good for killing casters ect before healers can heal it, IE 3 polearms will insta kill a caster while 3 normal arsmen swords wont instakill, giving healer a chance to heal...

what huntingtons said about dual wield is correct, you will hit with both weapons at the averange speed of the weapons, but your offhand will hit slower than intended but still only damage as if it was faster, and mainhand will harder damaging as if it was slow, so it evens out. the advantage of dual wield is that mainhand style damage will be calculated from the slow mainhand weap, giving an increase in dps compare to two weaps of same speed.
(since your styled damage fits with the actual swing speed)

thats what i think anyway, please correct me if i am mistaken :)

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Zaffa said:
quickness dosnt matter for damage, damage in daoc is calculated by damage pr second, so no matter if you hit hard or fast you will do same damage over time

A highlander with 50 qui compared to a highlander with 218 quick would be like 25-30% damage difference overtime....

250 quickness+slowest weap= best damage.

50 qui+slowest weap= dumb.

Average high rr light tank has around 260dps or so on normal af targets with relics that it's damage is strong on or neutral to.(this is with capped quickness and haste using battler/malice)

If you want to see your tank's dps ask lethul he's crazy about this stuff. xD

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Zaffa said:
quickness dosnt matter for damage, damage in daoc is calculated by damage pr second...

wrong :eek:

higher qui will lower your dmg per swing (just as haste does too)
but you hit alot faster

slowest weap +no qui = frontload = you hit harder than with max qui but _alot_ slower

slowest weapon with capped qui = best possible dps

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
are hastebuff and toa swingspeed having the exact same effect on dps as qui?

not 100% sure but i think d/q lowers dmg more than haste but has also more impact on swing spd
i could be wrong here need to test that further

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
well, with my limited knowledge about melee here goes:
you can maximun hit at 1.5 sec, after that only dmg will decrease but not spd. to get maximum dmg output you need slow mainhand and fast offhand... their spd will be put together and multiplied with 2, so mainhand will hit faster than its intended to and thus giving higher dmg output because main hand dmg wont decrease... cap of quickness is 250, exeeding that same thing as melee spd will happen, lesser dmg, same spd.

short version ;>
Zaffa said:
what huntingtons said about dual wield is correct, you will hit with both weapons at the averange speed of the weapons
(snipp)
thats what i think anyway, please correct me if i am mistaken

Actually Huntington said you take (main hand + offhand) *2 , and that's wrong :p
But you're right that it's the average (main +off)/2
You're hereby corrected as you wanted to be ;)

Marath

Fledgling Freddie
From the other thread posted there:
“Increasing your Quickness decreases your swing time - style damage, however, is based on your swing time. Therefore by decreasing your swing time, you also decrease your style damage, thus reducing frontloading. Over time, increasing your swing speed adds more damage because the non-style damage comes faster while the style damage remains the same, however each individual hit will do less damage.”

----

Note that this will not affect your PA/BS2 damage as an assasin as the style bonuses on those styles are totally based on your CS spec. Thus only change from doing a PA with 2.0 spd lvl5 weapon and big bad 5,7 2h is your basedamage. (Yes I have done a pa with lvl5 weapon when I was found getting ready to hit af charge of it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom