Weapon for chaos melee 24+

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Saw similar thread on order forum, so just felt like spreading some love here. This is the best weapon you can get at that level and my 32 marauder is still using it. From chapter 12 dark elf, second influence reward.

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
I noticed it too on my Marauder back then, but I don't see a reason to use it. As I see it then dps dosen't do shit to your styles...only white damage. I went for the elite reward in Chaos chapter 12 or 13, I think.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
It's also a typo so it doesn't give you the DPS it stated, already been tested by some people on WHA.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I noticed it too on my Marauder back then, but I don't see a reason to use it. As I see it then dps dosen't do shit to your styles...only white damage. I went for the elite reward in Chaos chapter 12 or 13, I think.

^^ What he said

Str = Style damage (on 99% of styles anyway)

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
well, I did more style damage with that one than the other three weapons I tested anyways. One of which was the elite chaos chapter 8 reward with tons of str and then two other higher level ones with 30'ish dps, but lower str.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
well, I did more style damage with that one than the other three weapons I tested anyways. One of which was the elite chaos chapter 8 reward with tons of str and then two other higher level ones with 30'ish dps, but lower str.

Perhaps yours was special :)

As I see it then dps dosen't do shit to your styles...only white damage.

It's also a typo so it doesn't give you the DPS it stated, already been tested by some people on WHA.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the thread. From reading it, there are clearly differing opinions. I'll test it again though, as soon as I get my hands on another weapon.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Right, got the level 34 renown axe (Martial Slayer).
Compared it to Newshore Labrys.
Testing was done with auto attack without any mutation, and with demolition with monstrosity mutation. The mobs I tested on were all level 31 Wary Wavebreakers.

Auto attack with Newshore Labrys is 151 (106 actual damage 45 mitigated)
Auto attack with Martial Slayer is 183 (128 actual damage and 55 mitigated).
Now, dividing the 151 with 2.4 for weapon speed gives 62.9 dps with Newshore Labrys.
Dividing 183 with 3.0 for weapon speed gives 61.0 dps with Martial Slayer.
According to the tooltip on my strength, auto attack damage should get a 46.2 dps boost with Martial Slayer and 45.6 dps boost with Newshore Labrys, which is a negligible difference. Only seems to add 20 dps though from my numbers.

Right, then style damage tests with both:
293 (206 actual damage and 87 mitigated) with Newshore Labrys.
292 (204 actual damage and 88 mitigated) with Martial Slayer.

Judging from this, the influence reward (Newshore Labrys) does indeed have the dps it says it has. I am of course assuming that the renown axe is NOT bugged.
For the record, my str is 456 with Newshore Labrys and 462 with Martial Slayer. No tactics that add str are used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom