Weapon choice for Friar (RvR and PvE)

T

tanoin

I prefer a faster stave for PvE i will be heading to the BG sometime soon and i'm wondering which type of stave other friars prefer. Fast with low damage or slow with high damage...

I'm thinking slow and powerful for thos big hits but i would like to hear other opinions

cheers

F

-faith-

Personally I carry lots of different staves with me for different situations. I use a 4.0 spd staff most of the time, this will give great dmg output and the spd is not too slow. 60% RvR this is one I use. Other times will be, one if I am healing a lot I will use my 3.0 staff so I can get out of combat fast to get off that heal. And a fast staff is a must againsts casters with BT, you need to keep interupting them so they dont get off any spells, the dmg penalty is nothing againts cloth anyways so its a worthy sacrifice.
PvE I would use a 4.0 staff, say at advisors the best staff I found is the Witherwood staff as it procs a dd of spirit dmg which the advisors are venerable to.

S

SFXman

Take into consideration the extremely useful haste buff and then a 4.0+ staff is nothing... you can get superb dmg output and whoop serious ass for 30 seconds. After that you could maybe switch to a faster weapon... 180s and you can use the haste again, not a long time in RvR.

Users who are viewing this thread