We keep You posted... not

T

ttillub

Foundation timetable:
1. End of summer 2003 ... not(still on GOA's website)
2. Mid October ... not
3. More news should come up early next week... not

Last time when there was big problems and people wanted to have some update on GOA's website they replied that they are working so hard on problems that there is no time to update news. It would slow programmers if they did that.
It should not take programmer skills to update their website. 5 mins /language tops imo.

GOA has many many times promised "we keep you posted" etc. and failed to keep that promise.

You know that if there are big problems with the game, you shoud not go to GOA's pages to find info. Nope you should launch irc and find right channel.

I am ranting here because I just hate the way how they promise to keep us informed but do not keep their word. Maybe not big deal to them but annoying and poor PR.

H

Hargh

And yet we keep paying :D

Maybe Kemor should ask to be able to update the english website?

A

Archeon

Originally posted by ttillub
I am ranting here because I just hate the way how they promise to keep us informed but do not keep their word. Maybe not big deal to them but annoying and poor PR.

News every friday suits me, and since your the only people who's complaining i'd assume it suits the majority of people as well.

Of course, we could have daily news. I'm sure that would be worth reading.

"TODAYS NEWS!!!

ZARGAR GOT LOCKED IN THE TOILETS TODAY, AFTER A FIVE HOUR EXTENSIVE SEARCH A SCREW-DRIVER WAS LOCKED AND ZARGAR WAS FREE'D. GOA ARN'T COMMENTING BUT ZARGAR HAS BEEN TOLD TO TAKE THE REST OF THE YEAR OFF TOO RECOVER FROM THIS HORRIBLE ORDEAL"

or

"TODAYS NEWS!!!!!

KEMOR DROVE HIS CAR INTO A TREE TODAY AFTER DRINKING A GRAND TOTAL OF 50 EXPRESSO SHOTS, WHEN QUESTIONED BY LA' POLICE ALL KEMOR COULD SAY WAS 'WEGABBBAAAAA!!!!' GOA ARE HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE THAT IN FUTURE HE WON'T BE ALLOWED ACCESS TO THE COFFE MACHINE!!"

Oh yeah, totally rivetting stuff. GoA please give us daily news. :rolleyes:

T

the_fnord

I liked Archeons news better than the Friday news! :ROFLMAO: :clap:

S

scarffs

Totally right about Goa failing to keep us informed and not respecting timetables.
On the other hand, if they deliver a bugfree ( or almost ) patch its worth a wait.
But if they could just be honest and respect their promises and keep us informed when and what, it would be great.

T

ttillub

Yep, I want patches with minimum amount of bugs.
Even if it takes longer than scheduled.
I think GOA gets patches which have some bug fixes from future patches. Maybe thats why patching is so slow.

I do not want daily news. But maybe more than once a week if there is stuff people are waiting? They have promised that in many patches and situations but they have not kept that promise.

S

Solarius

Problem is, if they update news regularly with an estimated date for stuff like patches, when they 'dont deliver' on that exact date, they get flamed. If they keep quiet, posting news the way the do, some people complain, but they get less of the flaming for missing their eta for patches. Under the circumstances, which do you think they prefer? (btw, I'm not advocating more or less updates, just a point of view!)

N

-Nxs-

Dont i remmeber a poll a while ago - what would you like from GOA

By far the highest answer was faster patching
and better customer support was way down the list

I'd say your getting what you asked for - there spending all the time translating and testing the patch that there is little time left to offer the customer support side.

Z

Zebolt

Re: Re: We keep You posted... not

Originally posted by Archeon
and since your the only people who's complaining i'd assume it suits the majority of people as well.
rofl, where have you been the last year? :rolleyes:

T

ttillub

:) Do you guys really think making maybe 1 more post / week would slow patching process?

I want patches when they are ready not a minute earlier no matter how long it takes.

If they promise to give info I expect them to really give it. No need for exact dates etc. just give the info You promised.

I do not want exact dates etc. unless there is some gamestopping bug or something like that.

Heh, just my opinions.

J

joe_soap

Prime example of GOA's 'service'. For months we've been without reaver animations. The fix? Copy a few files to a directory. It took a player to give us this simple fix. Were GOA uncapable/unwilling to fix the damn thing themselves?

O

old.Tohtori

Posts are posted no matter what. Why keep post posted when post is posted into eternity after its posted even if you don't keep it?

Like keeping a fridge from running, spoiled food if you do and it still stayes there if you don't.

*nods*

C

Cush

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Like keeping a fridge from running, spoiled food if you do and it still stayes there if you don't.

*nods*

Are you 100% sure about that?

<start to consider to start up my fridge>

O

old.Alliandre

This is one of the problems with having the page in flash. It's harder to update. If they'd just kept it more simple, they would probably be more willing to give more news.

Although I think one of the reasons that everyone thinks the patching is so slow is because it's already been released in the US, people expect it a very short time after it's got to them. I'm pretty sure they don't just sit around drinking coffee all day (hence driving into a tree :p)

A

Archeon

Re: Re: Re: We keep You posted... not

Originally posted by Zebolt
rofl, where have you been the last year? :rolleyes:

Was talking about the news, i know there are some people that flame GoA (and some that just put 'yes' without reading the actual post). But their still a minority group of people (when you consider that Excal/Pyr has a playerbase of 3,000+).

...Then again, i live in a country where the minority is given presidence over the majority. long live democracy :rolleyes:

Note: No self-rightous babble about how i don't live in a communist country, or one with a dictatorship - and if i did i'd be sorry. I don't. I have no plans to move to one either. I'm quite pleased with my freedom of speech as it allows me to converse with such marvelious and interesting people... who spend most of their waking lifes flaming goa...

T

the_fnord

The swedish government had a vote on the question "Is the minority always right?". The majority voted yes.
Now bend your minds around that! :flame:

N

Nightchill

Originally posted by joe_soap
Were GOA uncapable/unwilling to fix the damn thing themselves?

afaik, Mythic wouldn't send them the files to fix it.

B

Brunore

Originally posted by Ardrias_Mid
Dont like it? Quit giving them money :)

Thats the thing though, you stop.

Then they decide to bill you again o_O

O

old.Kerosene

Re: Re: Re: Re: We keep You posted... not

...Then again, i live in a country where the minority is given presidence over the majority. long live democracy :rolleyes:

Note: No self-rightous babble about how i don't live in a communist country, or one with a dictatorship - and if i did i'd be sorry. I don't. I have no plans to move to one either. I'm quite pleased with my freedom of speech as it allows me to converse with such marvelious and interesting people... who spend most of their waking lifes flaming goa... [/B]

trust me Archeon, whether you live in UK or China, it's still the bloody same.

<---- look left.

T

ttillub

Now if GOA people are nice they post on their website if/when they decide they can not fix this problem today. Not just go home and leave customers wanting to play without any info (again).

- Ttillub

T

The Real Redi

y'know what - Camlann just can't win :(

When it's at it's usual population, those "Ladies what gank" as it were, are usually limited to around the main bind stones/towns, but when the rest of the servers go down, it gets invaded by germans, (so i can't understand a word of whats going on) and you can't move more than two steps without a group of 8 twelve year olds charging up and smashing the life from my single, unarmoured self...

suxx0rz...

disclaimer!!!: I'm in no way saying that the Germans are the gankers - this is but the observation's of a gankee (me), if anything, it just proves you're more talkative than the english speaking folk seeing as you all chatter endlessly, using symbols i can't even type on my kbd, hence leaving poor ol' east London, state school-educated me in the dark as to what the joke is, that makes you all go JAJAJAJAJAJXDXDXDXDXDD!!1!11!!pointnine!!11!

T

ttillub

Originally posted by ttillub
Now if GOA people are nice they post on their website if/when they decide they can not fix this problem today. Not just go home and leave customers wanting to play without any info (again).

- Ttillub

Ok, they were not nice imo.

Lets see how they do today. This time they have promised to:

----------------------
we will keep you updated throughout the day, both on this and on patch progress.
-----------------------

- Ttillub

S

Skaven

To be fair they've been quite good keeping us posted on whats happening since last night - least we know the patch won't be delayed, if they manage to get the servers back up.

T

ttillub

Originally posted by Skaven
To be fair they've been quite good keeping us posted on whats happening since last night - least we know the patch won't be delayed, if they manage to get the servers back up.

I do not think so.
Last night the last thing they posted was:
------------------------------------
Excalibur will be down for several more hours of emergency hardware maintenance.

As we all know servers never came back online. I am sure ppl would have appreciated a notice that they have given up.

They have still time to keep this promise...
we will keep you updated throughout the day, both on this and on patch progress.

- Ttillub

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom