Way to go Mythic and Goa

A

Axuk

Well last night I went LD, dl'd the US patch yet again and had to reinstall Shrouded Isles yet again ......

Tonight I tried to log in ... immediately went LD again... dl'd the US patch for the umteenth time.... reinstalled SI... three times... no joy... eventually had to uninstall both DOAC and SI this time and reinstall the lot.....

Really... isn't it time you sorted this one out... it's ridiculous and unacceptable.

I've tried the notepad trick and the update.dat files are nowhere in sight each time by the way...

Axuk

O

old.mattshanes

They are found in shrouded isles folder they are there it's not that hard to sort it out and yes it's dam annoying i had it twice yesterday,might be gone tomorrow with the new patch coming.

O

old.Belorfyn

Yeah, bit silly, hope it gets fixed soon. Meanwhile, this helps:

Now that it's working, make backup copy of your update.dat file and when that happens next time, you don't need to reinstall or try to find what to replace the contents with.
Also, I don't think you need "old" daoc client installed if you got Shrouded Isles so when doing reinstall, Shrouded Isles is enough.

T

Tilda

you dont need to reinstall, just change your update file back and repatch to UK servers :p

M

Marcus75

If you dont find the file it might be because you have some files hidden.

Start the explorer--->Tools---->Folder Options and select the View tab. Make sure "Show Hidden Files and Folders" is marked.

O

old.Glendower

Every time I see some BS like this (about 3x a day), I pat myself on the back for not caving in to certain sultry pressures (aka wife)and buying SI.

H

hammerite

another tip is to make your update.dat file a read only file

A

Axuk

Originally posted by Marcus75
If you dont find the file it might be because you have some files hidden.

Start the explorer--->Tools---->Folder Options and select the View tab. Make sure "Show Hidden Files and Folders" is marked.

Thank you Markus75, you were right, files were hidden. I now have a backup copy which should save me a lot of grief in future.

I'll also uninstall DAOC, because for some reason this time that got screwed up as well... normally I can at least get into the game by using DAOC.

Axuk

K

Khalen

and copy the lines in update.dat a couple of times, so it won't connect so fast to the US one.

Users who are viewing this thread