wave to uk quakeworlders

Onyx

Fledgling Freddie
Greets to any of the old quake peeps that are still around from TG-Onyx. I have good memories of the late night big games on the TS server :cheers:

Here is a history document that was written by me and a few others in 1998 about the uk quake quake scene for anyone who's interested...

TeeGee A Brief History of TeeGee Time

Mophead

Loyal Freddie
This forum needs to stay alive, its where we all came from.

Its interesting that your account stops in '98, thats when I started playing, and I think theres a lot more of the story to tell from that point - the most important from my perspective being the rise and fall of barrysworld. Theres actually a wikipedia article on it (BarrysWorld - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), but I don't think that does justice to the scene.

We should have a move, ala 24 hour party people :)

:cheers: to you too!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Check out the wiki link at the top of the forum page. Some of the BarrysWorld history is there.

But yes, I loved death32a and the megagames as we used to call them back them. Never had such a laugh as that in all my gaming time.

Treznor

Fledgling Freddie
Kinda funny I came across this forum for the warhammer link and then quickly realised it was the old barrysworld setup and all those memories of quake all came coming back!

Late night gaming and massive phone bills, what fun!

Kryten

Old Cow.
Too many hours spent on DM3 :(

Re-bought Quake & installed QW again only a couple of weeks back with an ID pack of games on Steam - almost tempted to give it another bash :D

Noc0de

Can't get enough of FH
I did likewise, installed quake and ezquake (got lots of old features that qizmo offered) and then went online - got totally battered by some crazy swedes and then quit :)

It just doesn't seem the same when you go back and try and rekindle the flames of an old game. I've tried with both qw and q3 - everything moves on, ppl that were rubbish when you was playing the game back then are suddenly amazingly good as they've kept playing.

It's very demoralising :)

A

Andro

Omg

So many years, a lifetime seems as though its passed!

You'll remember me as FA-Andro
Omg so many familiar faces on here!! Treznor, Onyx, TedTheDog, Dbs

Anyway, I've actually not been playing any online games at all for what seems like 8 years at least... LOL

Loved reading TG-Onyx's article of the history of.. MEMORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, FA, merged with SAS and formed dn, very true, dn i think is still going or has very recently disbanded... #denial channel is still on quakenet if anyone fancies chatting to Oppy.

Catcha laters

andro

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
QL, DC, QPD, WK, FA... holy shit! I actually remember playing against some of these guys in 1997/1998.
I went to the Fusion LAN party in Leeds at Easter 1998 and played against the likes of Sujoy and Timber as well the clans [DC] and [QPD]. I remember that this was the one AND ONLY time I ever got ahead in frags against Sujoy (him being an LPB and all)... and then he just reeled me in and thrashed me. :)
I also had a brand new Voodoo2 card in my old P200. You might scoff now, but considering that it had only just been released, it caused a few heads to turn at the event. Playing QW at 800x600 was a new experience at that time.
The best line I heard was "You, Zenith, are a bastard!" :flame:
I had some real laughs in Leeds. If you don't remember "SUCK IT DOWN!", you weren't there. :)

I think I went over to playing TF not long after that, but QW will always have a special place in my heart.

mistahsinclair

Regular Freddie
Many Moons Have Passed...

...since I played QW!

QW...the game that put online gaming on the map! And I'll bet it still has the best 'feel' of the lot!

I was Katana and could be seen modem-ing for TS...and QPD before that...

Greets to all who were there and even those who weren't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom