Watch repairs

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Can anyone recommend somewhere/somehow I can fix a small chip in the glass of a watch face. I was taking my watch off before swimming and it fell on the tiled floor.

I'll try and take a pic of it when I'm not so tired but basically it's a tiny smashed/crushed bit in the corner of the glass face. Is there some magic resin kit I can buy or is it a normal repair a watch maker might undertake for a small fee? It's a limited edition watch and a present from Lou so I can't just get a new one either. The only up side atm is that it's right on the corner so doesn't obscure any of the face itself.

Any help or advice welcomed.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Send it back to the manufacturer, it won't be as expensive as you may think.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
My local jeweller did some mad shit to my watch when this happened to me. Cost about £2 and worked a charm. This was about 8 years ago in a local village for local people though.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
it depends on the watch tbh, if you have top end movado, omega or a tag, then pay the manufacturer to do it and ask for a certificate for the repairs just in case you wana sell the watch on, if its value is below £200 then try yellow pages or your local buisness directory

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
you might find somewhere like timpsons could do it for you

Utini

Can't get enough of FH
Oh, i misunderstood the thread subject. Watch repairs instead of watching lost sounded like a good idea.

Jarakin

One of Freddy's beloved
I've got an 13-14 year old Rotary watch that I love and cherish and adore, but every time I get a battery put in it, it lasts for 3-4 months tops. Poor thing needs to be refurbished I think, some of the plated gold on it is slightly faded, the face has alot of small scratches too that could do with being buffed out, but its the internals i'm mostly worried about. Think I should contact Rotary to try and get it refurb'd or go to some local jewelers first?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom