Was wondering...

cem8en

Fledgling Freddie
mjellO, was just wondering how many people would actually stay in DAoC after WoW, IF they took down NF and gave us old emain back? :)

vintervargen > :twak:

cem8en

Fledgling Freddie
errr, "After WoW release" that is :)

Dood

Fledgling Freddie
Does that also include removing ToA, make buffs on timer/range, balance the realms and ban hib radar users for life?

if so... maybe.. just maybe

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
Dood said:
Does that also include removing ToA, make buffs on timer/range, balance the realms and ban hib radar users for life?

if so... maybe.. just maybe

so you want them to ban hib radar users and leave mid and alb? joy you really do know balance dont you,

twat.

Dood

Fledgling Freddie
Healer McHeal said:
so you want them to ban hib radar users and leave mid and alb? joy you really do know balance dont you,

twat.

we all know only hibs using it

tit.

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
Dood said:
we all know only hibs using it

tit.

never grouped with some one in hib i expected of using radar, im sure theres a few, but i have a hell of alot of cases where i beleive albs and mids use it, sure not all, probbly way less then half, but im not one to point fingers without 100% proof, and nor should you be, now crawl back into your hole, and stop trying to think your better then every one else and you know what your on about, when 99% of the time, you probbly don't.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Give back patch 1.32! Archery damage multi to sitting targets, no personal bladeturn, no archery accuracy nerf, no drawtime increases, no detect hidden, no unbalancing RA's or Masterlevels, infis with 2.2spec points, no spellcrafting. Back then a Hunter was still a Hunter and not just prey.

Oh wait, it was also the time of chainstunning and chainmezzing, the time when casters couldnt be interrupted, the time when assassins one-shotted yellow cons without ever becomming visible...

I guess each of us has his/her own image of how the game should be depending on the class he/she is playing. We're all biased and its very hard to have a rational discussion at all. Not to forget that even thou the majority of people on VN or FH seem to complain about one or the other aspect of the game they are not the majority of the playerbase. This majority is silent and enjoying the game or if they dont just doing something else.

The game is in a flux, like it or not... if the pendulum swings your way sooner or later it will go the other way too.

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:
The game is in a flux, like it or not... if the pendulum swings your way sooner or later it will go the other way too.

ive heard that sentence before, at least the second part, think it was from the Manga Fist of The North Star, hehe, any way, cem moaned at me since i posted and havnt answered the question yet, well,

ToA = 44% reinstalled atm.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Jeriraa said:
Give back patch 1.32!
Corrent me if I am wrong, but didnt Euro start on 1.38, so how you got on 1.32 is beyond me.

Tired of this type of thread, take nurofen, small, yellow, different...nurofen.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Corrent me if I am wrong, but didnt Euro start on 1.38, so how you got on 1.32 is beyond me.

Tired of this type of thread, take nurofen, small, yellow, different...nurofen.

You are wrong. DAoC EU went life on patch 1.36 wich waspatched to 1.38 about 2 weeks later. (When the actual English servers went up. German and French were up 2 weeks earlier.)

And 1.32 was obviously a "beta" patch.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
If I were being honest with myself, i'd say it would incline me more towards leaving than staying if they did revert to the "old frontiers" - though mostly because at the moment it's the lesser of two evils.

Old-style Emain you could rarely find a Mid group which wasn't based off the current FoTM class. I know I play a Healer so I don't have a whole lot to worry about in that respect, but it's still annoying to get kicked from a group because you don't match the specific criteria. I.e. -

"we want a 39m/37a Healer - not a 40/36" *Kick*
"What do you mean your not RR5?" *Kick*

and so on. New Frontier's does allow people like me who arn't as competative to have some RvR fun, though I do feel a little sorry for those who've been 'robbed' as it were of 8v8 combat - on the other hand you could say, the Albion frontier is usually pretty empty and they do tend to hang out in the same #IRC chatrooms, so whats to stop them from agreeing to all go to Albion away from the 'n00bs' ?

Jayce

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
though I do feel a little sorry for those who've been 'robbed' as it were of 8v8 combat - on the other hand you could say, the Albion frontier is usually pretty empty and they do tend to hang out in the same #IRC chatrooms, so whats to stop them from agreeing to all go to Albion away from the 'n00bs' ?

Probably because they feel its the n00bs who should move ?? lol

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Jayce said:
Probably because they feel its the n00bs who should move ?? lol

nah it's because they actually liked it when a nice easily farmable 2-3fg of clueless n00bs came along to provide them with RP ;)

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
on the other hand you could say, the Albion frontier is usually pretty empty and they do tend to hang out in the same #IRC chatrooms, so whats to stop them from agreeing to all go to Albion away from the 'n00bs' ?
1. A single pre-arranged fight every 10-15 minutes doesn't offer the same excitement and anticipation as roaming around and encountering groups unexpectedly and having to adapt to different tactical situations such as adds, terrain, ability timers (less of an issue in NF) and so on.

2. The realm-war map offers a nice, big 'WE ARE HERE' sign. Any significant activity in a general area is likely to attract unwanted attention from zergs that are sitting around in keeps or towers waiting for something to do.

The issue isn't that Mythic have made changes. Change, on the whole, is good. I personally quite like the new frontiers themselves.

The problem is that, once again, they have gone too far. Instead of gradually adding small weights to one side of the RvR balance scale, they've dropped a 10-tonne weight on one end and catapulted most of the '8 vs 8' RvR community off into orbit... while those left desperately clinging on are gradually slipping away.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
id love the return of old emain tbh; NF atm is really like this:

archers + casters - camp keeps and bridges in huge numbers and blow the shit/pincusion everything that moves.

healers - either stand in lord room spamming spreadheal, or stand outside a keep spamming spreadheal, or become a pincusion/blown to shit

assasins - spend an hour getting somewhere only to get zerged

tanks - forced to wait around watching casters slap each other, or fo solo.

groups - get zerged

zergs - get zerged by more zerg

STOP TEH ZERG ;(

and as im in the tank category isnt really great for me, then again had some fun last night 2 shotting archers in zerk ;o

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
I would definately not stay if they removed ToA, sure I think it was better without it, but the time I've spent in gears and ml's isn't just lightly thrown away..

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
I would love playing on a si/toa non nf server for the fg fights. NF has totally ruined small fights, atleast the times I've played it. All it is now it's keep zerg keep zerg etc. But everything changes and hopefully this will too, and people will get tired of the zerging and start running fgs and avoid the keeps sooner or later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom