warrior spec??

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
This is maybe a stupid question u get anyway :D
What is a good DEFENSIVE spec and class for a warrior?
i was thinking going 50 shield, 44 hammer and 39 parry (i autotrain axe to lvl 48)
and choice a kobbie with 10 dex, str and con at start??
high parry > high shield for self defense in RvR and then lose in WS r 54 if i get 350 str. And would i could solo dia mobs if i get a BB (as i do) with this spec??

ps: b4 saying that i shall search the forum then drop it coz there r no post bout a warrior spec only weapon choice :D

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Kobold is a good choice for a Defensive Warrior, however don't forget that regardless of how highly you spec your shield+parry your still going to get hit - which is why i'd say a Norseman would be a better choice. The sacrafice you make in Dex is made up for in your increased HP and Strength.

Thats how i'd do it anyway, however don't take my word as law. I've never levelled a Warrior up to 50, i'm just making assumptions based on things i've picked up. :D

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
Kobold is a good choice for a Defensive Warrior, however don't forget that regardless of how highly you spec your shield+parry your still going to get hit - which is why i'd say a Norseman would be a better choice. The sacrafice you make in Dex is made up for in your increased HP and Strength.

Thats how i'd do it anyway, however don't take my word as law. I've never levelled a Warrior up to 50, i'm just making assumptions based on things i've picked up. :D

the difrents betwen a norse and kobbie in hp is just under 100 :) and i bet the extra parry and block due to higher dex safe u more then 100 over time :)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Lejemorder said:
the difrents betwen a norse and kobbie in hp is just under 100 :) and i bet the extra parry and block due to higher dex safe u more then 100 over time :)

like I said, I was just making informed guessed ;)

Larc

Fledgling Freddie
I have a kobold warrior and i wish i had made a norse instead. Hope this helps. ;)

Aucard

Fledgling Freddie
I got a kobbie warrior and im glad i didnt go norse/troll/dwarf or freakshow ( valkyn ) :) can take care of 2 purp knights in df without any probs with bb ( 48aug moa3 ), and that was before i got master of block. Tho im sure any other race can do that also :p
( 10,10,10. Str,Con,Dex. 50Hammer 50Shield 28Parry, autotrained sword ).

Btw, for farming go hammer :p had sword and tbh it sucks ass in pve ( dont know now tho if the sword spec got some love ). Crush is mostly +dmg in df also.

And if u go "solo" in rvr with hammer any infil that jumps you will scream like a pig :fluffle:

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Larc said:
I have a kobold warrior and i wish i had made a norse instead. Hope this helps. ;)
can u explain or it just u felling bout u char??

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
i made my choice and gonna make a kobbie warrior ;) gonna fit to my shammie on my other account :)

Ubbis

Fledgling Freddie
well

If you got good gear and a BB there is almost no difference btween the races. I would go for what you think looks best.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
50weap 50shield, any race
Axe is a great line for PvE, parry reactionary with haste debuff, high damage front chain etc

Ardamel

Fledgling Freddie
I much prefer d0rfs, because of the HP. D0rf warriors are the character type that can get the highest HP in the game and the lower block rate can be easily compensated with a few points spent on Mastery of blocking and aug dex.

BaTDiE

One of Freddy's beloved
If you have bb, take troll race becouse with full buffed , and 10str 10cons 10dex from the start + aug 2 dex so you get Cap DEX for block, 300dex, you get 302dex. And you get 2199 weapon skill with aug str 1 (391str) , so you hit better than a serker and block like a kobbie ( when buffed ) and with 30% haste and 5.7spd wep, you hit better than a savage and still blocking like a kobbie even the kobbie get 330 dex buffed, cap dex for block is 300.
Sword with ragnarok for rvr and hammer for low-end styles for 1vs1 or pve.
That is my opinion, but if you have bb, select the class-look that you prefer.
Have fun.

PSD : Send me a private msg on freddy if you want i give you a screenshot Lejemorder.

Larc

Fledgling Freddie
Lejemorder said:
can u explain or it just u felling bout u char??
Yes i can explain why i prefer another race than kobold for a warrior.

My opinion is based on the following two arguments:

*You will never be able to hit as hard as a troll/norse/dwarf and in RvR offense is more important than defense. Yes a kobold should block more but you very seldom are a target in grp combat.
*Weapons look kind of silly on a kobold, i.e. too small and not intimidating at all.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Larc said:
*Weapons look kind of silly on a kobold, i.e. too small and not intimidating at all.

Trust me, when you see that small kobbie you'll run to it as fast as your alb legs can carry you, only to be smashed to pieces by the damage while having your own attacks blocked to hell and back :eek2: .

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
I went norse on my warrior, and im very satisfied with it. Good damage and good defence. I have same opinion with kobbies and valkyns. They look silly as warriors :-P

The bigger char...the better looking weapons ^^

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
is the end use on sword style any problems with end reg??
as i find the lvl 4 style very good on paper at the lvls as it r after blocl where the axe and hammer style is after parry. and the animation looks alot better :)

Blazor Meneth

Fledgling Freddie
I got a d0rf warrior sword spec.....and I think the dmg output sook fully buffed :p 2h ragnar feels like crap (maybe becouse I'm used to play zerk) But if I'd make a warrior I'd probably go norseman as they can block good and got higher dmg output.

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Blazor Meneth said:
I got a d0rf warrior sword spec.....and I think the dmg output sook fully buffed :p 2h ragnar feels like crap (maybe becouse I'm used to play zerk) But if I'd make a warrior I'd probably go norseman as they can block good and got higher dmg output.

u tell me that 10 str makes a norse hit alot harder or only very very less harder?

Vukod

Fledgling Freddie
Im happy with my kobby 50 swrd, 50 shield, 28 parry.

I hit a RR5 Firbolg hero for 550 ( w/o critic ) with ragnarok with 2h 5.3 Spd, so i think is good damage for a poor kobby.

Btw with TOA artifacts etc, kobolds will hit a bit harder than before and they got more block chance than dorfs trolls or norses.

So everyone kiss the kobbys with large shield :clap: :clap:

Vukod

Fledgling Freddie
Lejemorder said:
as i find the lvl 4 style very good on paper at the lvls as it r after blocl where the axe and hammer style is after parry. and the animation looks alot better :)

Aye Aye, Agree!!!

Dancing kobbys 4teh win

Mimen

Fledgling Freddie
Kobbie warrior with large round shield, just stand around at merchants in df and be mistaken for a shaman, I have 3 shot a couple of infs that way :D

then again, fully buffed its practically a cosmetic issue, i got 355 str on meh kobbie fully buffed and 320 dex . So the differance isnt THAT much btw the races in Rvr, Kobbie guards guarding healers in rvr with insane blockrate for teh win....

/salut

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Lejemorder said:
u tell me that 10 str makes a norse hit alot harder or only very very less harder?

Your Forgetting Quickness Effects Damage caps Thou.

Kobbie has Higher Qui and Dex which means, when buffed espically. He will have a much higher chance to Evade / Parry / Block Than a Norse / Troll / dwarf etc.

Chain + Evade 1 was supposed to = Plate. When buffed it Becomes alot better tbh. Pity BB's screwed that theory over ; ).

It's a Hard Choice your Right on that.

I would go with Norse really but as many ppl have stated its purely down to looks with lvl 50 MoArc 5 BB's about These Days.

Kobbie -----

Slighty Higher Dex but remember after 300 in a stat you get less benefit from it being over, 10 pts effecting before 300 and 20 pts after 300 afaik.

Higher Qui, Will mean you Evade More and Swing that liddul Shield / Axe faster ;).

Your Small. Not nesscarily A good or bad thing for a tank which is supposed to be hit .........

Norse -----

More Con, Its only 20 pts but thats a fair bit of hps. < I believe somebody said 100 hps but its more than that afaik>. The Amount of Con you have effects the amount of damage you take, hmm cant remember where I read that but thnk it was some grab bag or summit dont recall :x. This would make sense considering how much damage Paladins can take and there primary Stat is Con. Not that is any way proof but as I said Im unsure, Lets take that as a Half point then : D.

More Str, Better WS which means more Damage Firslty but more importantly gives you a better chance to actually land that slam or Make that Style Count. Being able to hit your enemy is Important as a Guard ofc :D. Lucky Warriors dont have to hit savages, 7 evades in a row is my record, but if They did Warriors would be the best Tank to Guard a Savage actually and that says something....

So Theres valid reasons for both, Female Kobbies are cute btw but Norse Chicks are :fluffle:. And that means Free items from dumb horny guys ......... *Cough* no I never did that ............ errrrrr .......... :kissit:

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
kobold or norse is best, or dwarf works too, but do not go troll :p dex do not cap at 300, and missing so much dex really sucks ;p id go 15dex,10str if i remade my warrior, and i would also have been kobold.

50weapon,50shield,28parry is by far the best spec
And you get 2199 weapon skill with aug str 1 (391str) , so you hit better than a serker and block like a kobbie ( when buffed ) and with 30% haste and 5.7spd wep, you hit better than a savage and still blocking like a kobbie even the kobbie get 330 dex buffed, cap dex for block is 300.

so ignore this, its totally incorrect, you will never be able to measure your damage against a good zerker or a good savage, you might be able to hit harder "per" hit, but definatly not hit thru guard better than them, nor do as much dmg in 2 - 3 hits.

also there is no cap for dex at 300

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:
kobold or norse is best, or dwarf works too, but do not go troll :p dex do not cap at 300, and missing so much dex really sucks ;p id go 15dex,10str if i remade my warrior, and i would also have been kobold.

50weapon,50shield,28parry is by far the best spec

so ignore this, its totally incorrect, you will never be able to measure your damage against a good zerker or a good savage, you might be able to hit harder "per" hit, but definatly not hit thru guard better than them, nor do as much dmg in 2 - 3 hits.

also there is no cap for dex at 300
im sorry i wrote this post abit to l8 had allready made me a troll warrior (lvl 10 in 1 day) :) and cba to reroll :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom