Warrior rage change, enough to ungimp warriors for pvp?

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Rage generated for evade/parry/block, is it enough or just throwing the dog a bone?

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
aye ive noticed a bit of a difference generating rage a bit faster now and the change to the battle shout is really good :>

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Helps a lot imo, after the small fixes/boosts i think warriors are fine :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Interesting, was reading the patch notes again today (yes, im that sad!) and it seems that this was a bug fix, not a change....so unless i miss my guess, this is how warriors were supposed to be from the outset.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
yeh even says on the wow website when u read about classes that they should generate rage from parry block evade. so this was just fixing a mistake (glad to see that they fixed it so early on aswell :D) imo warriors need charge in combat and maybe some sort of style that makes them immune 2 all CC for 6 seconds but uses alot of rage, or maybe rage per second as a sort of wild aggression thing :D

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Got to love the new Rage<>Heath druid skill, keep ya hands of Warriors :p

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Darksword said:
yeh even says on the wow website when u read about classes that they should generate rage from parry block evade. so this was just fixing a mistake (glad to see that they fixed it so early on aswell :D) imo warriors need charge in combat and maybe some sort of style that makes them immune 2 all CC for 6 seconds but uses alot of rage, or maybe rage per second as a sort of wild aggression thing :D

Or just put cc immunity into the game so that the same cc spells can't be spammed over and over again onto the enemy(*cough*druid root). This hurts the warrior the most because we are the only class who can't take advantage of it(hmm, and pallies I guess, but who gives a fuck about them). It is the main reason why it is so fucking incredibly hard to play a warrior in pvp atm imo.

"Holy shit, I just got close enough to hit that druid! ... FUCK! He's rooted me again. Hello spirit healer.".

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
warriors are not gimped

people are cra at playing them

druid root needs diminishing returns, but fap deals with it anyway

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Do you play a warrior or are you just jumping on the "you can't play your class" bandwagon?

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
k9awya said:
warriors are not gimped

people are cra at playing them

druid root needs diminishing returns, but fap deals with it anyway

Warrior is the only class that needs a real fix, sure, a well played warrior can kill anything, but if you pit two players of equal skill, one playing a warrior vs any other class in a fight, the warrior will lose.

A warrior has the same hp as an equal level mage.

Good armour is the warriors bonus, but armour is bypassed by magic.

A warrior is supposed to be the close-combat master, but rogues do more melee damage and a lot faster.

Warriors are the only class with no ranged ability.

Please explain how that is balanced? :)

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
I don't play a warrior meself, so I can't talk about the ins and outs of their abilities, only my impressions of how they're envisaged.

HP: ye, i'd have thought that warriors would have a fair amount more health than your standard cloth caster. I don't know, maybe Blizzard will address this some day.

Good armour appears to be a must, high resists are a bonus, (the lack of) protection against spells isn't confined to just warriors, many classes suffer from having one lower than the other. If a mage decided to protect themselves heavily from other spellcasters for example, anything dealing physical damage would hurt them a good deal.

I actually got the idea that warriors, while being touted as close quarters masters, were positioned more as sponges for damage while dealing an (low/medium) amount of their own...Of course they need the HP in the first place which leads back to the first point

I'm a little confused about the ranged ability part though, they can use guns, crossbows and bows as far as I know. As far as abilities are concerned that would be the hunters speciality, would it not? Warriors are meant to be better in close quarters (whether or not they actually are is something else still being argued here :)). Neither Paladins nor rogues have special ranged abilities of their own...do they?

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
FuzzyLogic said:
Good armour appears to be a must, high resists are a bonus, (the lack of) protection against spells isn't confined to just warriors, many classes suffer from having one lower than the other. If a mage decided to protect themselves heavily from other spellcasters for example, anything dealing physical damage would hurt them a good deal.

huh? a caster has AF on there armor 2 there lvl which will soak up dmg from melee

warrior has AF that doesnt do much against magic afaik so there extra armor is wasted against a caster where as casters AF is still some use against a melee dmg dealer.

<shrug> armor should soak up some magic dmg imo 2 allow warriors 2 get close enough 2 kill

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Darksword said:
<shrug> armor should soak up some magic dmg imo 2 allow warriors 2 get close enough 2 kill

i believe you are after +resist armour and items

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
well yeh at high lvl every1 will have resists, thats a given, my point is warriors huge AF will b useless against a caster where as a casters AF will b useful against a warrior :) - warrior has 2 whack away same amount of HP while mage does alot more dmg faster (yeh warrior has styles 2 prevent casting but still)

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
If root gets diminishing returns, then it should be able to be used indoors.

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Darksword said:
huh? a caster has AF on there armor 2 there lvl which will soak up dmg from melee

warrior has AF that doesnt do much against magic afaik so there extra armor is wasted against a caster where as casters AF is still some use against a melee dmg dealer.

Warriors dont have armour against magic...
Mages have little armour against melee...

Warriors can move around while doing their *thing*
Mages have to stand still while doing their *thing*... And often get LOS problems... (Ok ok, theres probably a /face I havent found yet ;) and warlocks have pets... Yay! *sigh*)

One stated that warriors is the most bugged class ?? O M G, Warlocks r the most bugged class!!! Just check the official wow forums and the wajn goes on and on and on and on... (Ok, wajn isnt the *best* source of information, but when other classes r laughing of warlocks theres bound to be little truth in it ;))

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
Warriors can beat most class, it just requires alot of skill.
but god damn Shaman needs a nerf :p

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Meduza said:
One stated that warriors is the most bugged class ?? O M G, Warlocks r the most bugged class!!! Just check the official wow forums and the wajn goes on and on and on and on... (Ok, wajn isnt the *best* source of information, but when other classes r laughing of warlocks theres bound to be little truth in it ;))

Warlock is still a very solid cc class, the best solo pve class and the most adaptable class in the game hands down. It does exactly what it says on the tin, the whiners are only complaining because a warlock does not have the firepower of a mage and because their shards dont stack :)

Sure warlocks are heavily bugged (tallents being the main problem), but warriors are a broken class, big difference.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Warriors can kill almost anything if u play well enough but the prob is that as a warrior u HAVE to play well and HAVE to use everything possible like ornate boots ect,where as other classes like a rogue can with win less effort.
So end of the day its down to the choice of maximun effort needed to win or moderate effort.

P.S before flames im not saying other classes take no skill to play, just saying as a warrior its like clicking Extreme mode on an arcade game or something:)

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Talivar said:
P.S before flames im not saying other classes take no skill to play, just saying as a warrior its like clicking Extreme mode on an arcade game or something:)
Ofc u did, Tali ;)

Now, an Infiltrator took skillz to play!!!111 ;) Not like some overpwred BM :p

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Meduza said:
Warriors dont have armour against magic...
Mages have little armour against melee...

Warriors can move around while doing their *thing*
Mages have to stand still while doing their *thing*... And often get LOS problems... (Ok ok, theres probably a /face I havent found yet ;) and warlocks have pets... Yay! *sigh*)

well casters have forms of CC which will allow them 2 do dmg and get range etc and if a caster hits a inst the warriors in combat and cant charge so the caster should get another nuke off etc :p

i feel warrior needs something 2 make them better against casters, against other melee classes they seem 2 b doing fine (Atleast mine does in duels - my warriors only lvl 22 so i aint done much pvp with it)

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Darksword said:
well casters have forms of CC which will allow them 2 do dmg and get range etc and if a caster hits a inst the warriors in combat and cant charge so the caster should get another nuke off etc :p
I got Fear... My pet (i assume) got seduce (which i cant afford to buy just yet - again, gimped warlock! - ok ok, i could, but other stuff r more important atm).
I use fear and the warrior runs away *screaming* and with dots... most of the time i have to move to get in position to fire off additional stuff, and then again, i have to stand still be4 its possible... Once fear breaks/is over, warrior uses his speed attack (sry, forgot name), and wack - wack - wack - warlock dead! (maybe seduce would help - not sure since i dont have it ;))

Darksword said:
i feel warrior needs something 2 make them better against casters, against other melee classes they seem 2 b doing fine (Atleast mine does in duels - my warriors only lvl 22 so i aint done much pvp with it)
Yea, make em overpwred! Tbh i dont care, since i just stopped playing warlock and started a warrior ;)

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
Computer says no

I still enjoy playing my Warrior even if we are gimped :p

PVP wise, I dont dream of attacking much my own level or higher unless they are on low hp. It's mission enough taking out classes a few levels lower.

Shamans are a nightmare.

I know with a group things would be alot nicer but when you do have to wonder around solo anyone can take a good shot at you :)

sko

Loyal Freddie
Thats like asking if an ash tray is enough to make a Lada ready for a car race.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
sko said:
Thats like asking if an ash tray is enough to make a Lada ready for a car race.

Hehe. And yeah Solo, I tend to stay away from classes the same level or 2 or 3 levels below me even. I've learnt my lesson enough from being killed by people several levels below me. ;\

I find other warriors to be the only class that I can actually have a fair fight with and I kill most of the ones I come across, some 1 or 2 levels above me if I get charge off first. Strange, huh.

It's true about spell damage aswell, I suddenly feel so weak when I get hit by a mage fireball or something, 6000 armour suddenly doesn't protect me anymore! When a majority of the games classes have damage spells it kind of takes away the whole point of plate armour. Fuck resists, we are supposed to be the damage-takers, give plate some kind of passive resistance against spells.

Warrior is the bitch class basically, everyone owns it.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Dillinja said:
Do you play a warrior or are you just jumping on the "you can't play your class" bandwagon?

i play a warrior, which classes are giving you trouble? :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom