Warrior question..

Z

zodie

hi there.

During getting my warrior to lvl 50, I've read a lot on examples on the VN boards about how ppl play their warrior. One thing I learned (or knew a bit already) was that, lets say you are a hammer warrior. You block an attack, brutalize or slam. Now meanwhile that mob is stunned you pull out your 2hander and smack it good with your after-block-styles, and in my case I got 3 styles to use after a block. Overall that works good, and its good dmg too, but if you brutalize and stuns the target for 10secs, and the 2nd. style in that chain stuns for 7 secs, wont you loose some stun effect before you have finished your 2nd. swing? (Halved duration in 2nd. stun)? Okay I know I cant swing 3 times within 10secs and get succesful hits, but anyway, just wondered if it doesnt take off the good part of a 10sec stun to use a style almost right after that stuns aswell... Might sound a bit confusing :p

-Thanks
Gloriena 50 kobbie warrior

F

Fafnir

Use Slam/Brutalize then switch to 2h and use Conquer (back position style) with follow up Sledge Hammer.

Z

zodie

Aye, I've used that combo lots of times aswell, just wondered if you lose stun time by using what I wrote in the first post :)
thanks anyway.

Z

zmej

i think u lose stun time; but, if u stunned after u blocked, u can continue hitting with your first-in-chain after block style until stun ends and mob hit u, and then proceed with the second and third styles... U can execute first-in-chain reactionary style as long as mob's last attack was blocked/parried/evaded depends on what reactionary u execute;

C

Cami

no idea how it works but its true mobs get more resistant to stuns.

i think it works something like this:

first slam = 9 sec,
2nd slam = 6 sec and
3rd slam = 3 sec, from now on the mob becomes resistant to any stun for 1 minute.

But if someone slams a mob and a savage comes along and does the backstyled stun that last for 3 (4?) sec... then what?

9 sec
3 sec
(if slam on 3rd) 6 sec?
(3 sec backstyle) 1.5 sec?

Anyone knows this?

H

Hargh

Brutalise = 11s
Don't bother stunning after this, unless it is part of a good style anyway in damage terms, certainly don't bother slamming or brutalising again as it will only save u 1 swing, and possibly none if ur using 2H.

In RvR I may be wrong but once you have stunned someone and they are out the other side, they can't be stunned again for a certain amounbt of time due to immunity timer.

E

Ector

in PvE, if you slam a mob he gets stunned for 9 seconds. if you use revange>thors answer after that (which has a 7 sec stun) it doesn't change anything. It's still the first timer who counts.

Don't bother using a stun style or slam again until after 30 secs or so. otherwise the stun will only hold for 1 sec or so and the resistant timer starts over again

in RvR the enemy has a 60 sec imunity timer and stun has no affect at all until that timer is gone

S

SilverHood

the second stun is half the time of the actual stun value

so for slam, its 4 and a half seconds

can slam / mez / root mobs twice, and players once before imunity kicks in :)

C

Cami

Originally posted by SilverHood
the second stun is half the time of the actual stun value

so for slam, its 4 and a half seconds

can slam / mez / root mobs twice, and players once before imunity kicks in :)

I can do 3 backstyles with my savage before it tells me that the mob cant be affected by that effect... or something close to that :p

S

SilverHood

Originally posted by Cami
I can do 3 backstyles with my savage before it tells me that the mob cant be affected by that effect... or something close to that :p

try slamming a mob more than twice to see

then get out your healer to mez a mob more than twice

god knows, between you and your bro, you must have all mid classes at 50 :p

Users who are viewing this thread