warrior priest + book in hand? what point

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
hmm earlier today buy to mine warrior priest "book" from renowant merchant.
book placed to other hand.
wondering what point that book have?
have talisman slot, and "charm" kinda text

is it somekind shield? can i use book to charm mobs?

just wondering, still kinda weak databases around.

can i read it when in toilet? :p

Fitzbert

Fledgling Freddie
It's what's called an "off hand". It'd be a Holy Text of Sigmar, which is carried by all Warrior Priests, but some carry them more blatantly. If you watch the first trailer for WAR, you can see the Warrior Priest fighting the Chaos Chosen clearly has a Holy book with him.

If you choose to equip it, you'll need to find a one-handed hammer or other weapon to use in the other hand. You cannot use two-handed weapons AND the book. It all depends on what stats you want above others and which career mastery you intend to go for (I'd assume the books contain stats for boosting healing done).

Old Nicodemus

Loyal Freddie
Well you order types need some soft material to wipe your arses with.. that holy book looks a lot like a carry your own Andrex supply to me.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Well you order types need some soft material to wipe your arses with.. that holy book looks a lot like a carry your own Andrex supply to me.

yep, everytime someone from order visit toilet, and wipe butt, 1 spiky destruction char come alive :worthy:

bronnac

Fledgling Freddie
All a priest needs is the holy bible...none of that hammer/sword nonsence.

Praise tha Lord'

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

just wondering, still kinda weak databases around.

can i read it when in toilet? :p

Very simple really, it gives you two hand held items instead of one, hence twice the number of items for stat bonuses. A WP who wants to mainly heal will benefit from this, one who wants to deal a bit more DPS might benefit from the 2-hander instead.

Not sure if any of the books actually have any "use" special effects, certainly not seen one that does yet.

Also, it gives you something to read while destro tanks try to kill you ;)

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Need something to do while grinding mobs or resting. Why not read? :D

BigBadB

Fledgling Freddie

As others have mentioned, it seems the books are only useful for their stat bonuses - using a nice book and a nice 1H hammer will probably give you more stat bonuses than just a nice 2H hammer.

If I'm thinking of the same one, the particular book you mention doesn't have any inherent bonuses - but it does give you an extra talisman slot. Admittedly, that's not so useful at low levels. :(

Plutaris

Fledgling Freddie
Yep stat bonuses and tali slot.

Found a broken book that i repaired at an NPC, with the nice 1h hammer i have it was pretty sweet. stats combined are nice.

MinT

Fledgling Freddie
I noticed if I swim thru water my hammer gets stowed on my back and the next mob I fight is then with fists - where I seem to do asmuch, if not more damage than with the hammer.

Only way to get it back in hand is to re-equip ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom