warrior changes in 1.48?

F

frols

is there any changes to warriors at all in 1.48?

plz help me!

L

-Light-

Warriors? U mean Armsman, hero etc etc?

Don't think there are any changes

S

SFXman

Midgard warriors are funnyyy... but that's besides the point. Check the patch notes, come on they are not that large and are well structured so you will easily notice any warrior changes.

F

frols

i dident see any frickin changes just wondering if i was semi blind that dident see anything or maby there wasent any thats why i asked.

F

Flimgoblin

Coulda said that in the first place ;)

Can't think of any ... but I haven't read the notes for a while (and wasn't looking for warrior things)

F

frols

some classes got alot of changes but us warriors dident get any!

i blame the system!! =)

well if i dident get any changes on my dear warrior then ill just wait and hope for changes in the next patch whenever that will be.

A

Arlone

don't hold yer breath.

why do you want changes anyway?

Armsmen from albion, warriors for middie and heros from hibbie will probably never change much. Instead mythic change the other classes to fit these tankclasses (not to be much better or much worse than these) in their patches.

Some style-changes are coming in 1.50-1.51 tho.

B

Brannor McThife

I've played a warrior for a while now. And I've read all the future patches.

We get:

Better throwing axes and a little better range. (can't remember which patch)

And realm abilities like everyone else. Oh, and epic armour...like everyone else.

Other than that, NOTHING. Not even the new ones that are being tested in the USA now.

-G

S

SFXman

If the patch notes say nutin... nutin has changed. Plus you should be happy, us poor archers are getting so many (maybe good now) but later they will be the death of us (no I will not post THE link ;)).

I

inqy

too right n all. poxy overpowered gits that ya are :p

S

SFXman

What about those motherf*ing assassins who already kill us EXTREMELY easily... later we get nerf and they get a PASSIVE see hidden, to them it is the same as if our stealth bubble was the size of the whole of albion and they will kill us easier and easier... I would like the see hidden to not be passive, but a skill on some timer and it lasts for some time.

I

inqy

thats the point really though. sbs/ns/assas take risks to get their kills by having to get in close, sometimes near people (like Hunters/Scouts) that can see them when they get close.

I think I've finally found a way to guard against being killed by them myself (usually involves running and lots of yelling). It is a little scary how much those poisons & diseases hurt though ;[

The one thing I do not agree with on these classes, is the fact that they can stay hidden after backstabbing a victim. That seems just too powerful.

S

SFXman

Yes... that is way over the top and it is VERY confusing in a group of albs when someone just falls over dead...
Still, passive... Mythic think for one f*ing moment please.

I

inqy

Do you know can we buy realm abilities in this patch or is that coming in a later one? (if we can, where/how do we do this?)

:)

L

listepik

Inqy, which will be changed in later patches. it was never really intended, but was side effect to some design choices, and they figured hey, lets see if its a good idea, which it wasnt :D

and yes. its fairly easy to avoid stabbers. just run around in circles all the time :p

S

Solid

Originally posted by inqy
thats the point really though. sbs/ns/assas take risks to get their kills by having to get in close, sometimes near people (like Hunters/Scouts) that can see them when they get close.

Do hunters and scouts get a better chance of seeing assasins than any other non assasin class? I was under the impression ONLY assasins had a better chance to see stealthers, and all other classes had an equal disadvantage in seeing stealth?

Oh to get back on topic, very few of the tank classes across all 3 realms get any individual loving in any patches, except for champs with their extra HP I think.

Polearm styles are much improved as well so Pole Armsman get some loving there.

Zerkers have been nerfed (no other way to describe DoubleFrost nerf) although mythic say have increased base LA damage so reactionary style zerkers (dont think many exist) will be better off.

Question I want to ask is why do Shadowblades think LA is gimped in future patches? when the base damage is increased and the returns on damage for having a decent spec in LA is also increased?

I am making a 5 spec SB with planned 39 Axe/LA and I get guys saying I am makign a gimp build cos LA is gimped in 1.50.

Does base LA damage increase mean I get better off hand damage from my PA and CD? or just when using LA styles?

I

inqy

Originally posted by Solid
Do hunters and scouts get a better chance of seeing assasins than any other non assasin class? I was under the impression ONLY assasins had a better chance to see stealthers, and all other classes had an equal disadvantage in seeing stealth?

I'm not really sure, as inqy is my first real adventure into rvr. (pointless with me lvl34 warrior)

But I can see assasins when they get close to me. I think this may depend on my stealth level and their level. This probably controls how close they are, before I can see them.

The thing to really remember though (and this is why many groups in bgs seem to like me). I stay unstealthed most of the time and just flick into stealth every few moments. My stealth is rather naf, so I have a large bubble that NME's cannot be in. So....if any nme stealthers are in that bubble I cannot stealth. This is when I start running around and search em out and start yelling :D

S

Solid

Confirmed: Hunter stealth has no bearing on whether u can see a stealther or not, its all based on your level to assasin's level and assasin's stealth level.

ie a hunter has no advantage seeing stealth over a warrior or a caster.

Yes your stealth skill can be used indirectly to figure out if a stealther is around, but like you said all you can do is run, and hope its not into the path of the stealther :)

F

Flimgoblin

except till you get realm abilities - all three archers get a 30 second 'true sight' that lets them see any hidden people.

Not as good as see hidden (which only works on the archers/minstrels) as it's active once every 30m but hey you don't have to get right up to them at slow speed :)

PS. the one-shot-kill-stay-stealth gets fixed in a later patch - they say they left it in originally because assassins were pretty naff till 1.48 due to not many skill points and too many skills.

Nothin much changes for fighters up to 1.51 - but 1.52 is apparently RvR fixing (and hence a lot of melee gripes - we're all pretty much ok in PvE)

I

inqy

oooh so I shouldn't scrap me warrior after all?

Like you say he's a beast in PvE but waste of time even bothering in RvR

F

Flimgoblin

I dunno.. my merc is fun in the battlegrounds as long as you don't actually expect to be useful in the whole bridge stand off thing.

Need to do something more interesting to keep you occupied whilst people trade bolts :)

then you can charge them from an interesting angle and get mezzed and killed .. hrm ok :)

lets hope 1.52 makes it more fun :)

A

Arlone

Originally posted by inqy
oooh so I shouldn't scrap me warrior after all?

Like you say he's a beast in PvE but waste of time even bothering in RvR

Tanks have their roles to play, as any other class. My pole-armsman can feel pretty secure in the frontiers - no archer would dare shoot me and no assasin in their right mind would backstab me. I'm there to protect my fellow group/realm-mates and nothing more (as you are). If a mage get backstabbed I rush to kill the lil assasin and if someone is shot by an archer I sprint to interrupt and kill this enemy...

"I'm a ranger and I get killed by assasins ... I'm gimped!!! nerf assasins!!!" ... (not directed to Inqy)

Well, we all have our nemesis-classes. Archers gets killed by assasins while assasins gets killed by tanks/mages and archers kill mages... and so on.

Dunno if I should laugh or cry at people stating that their class is 'gimped' cause they get killed in RvR ... duh

O

old.Breydel

I've heard or read somewhere that the Strike Team is going to focus on improving melee classes (BM was mentioned) for the upcoming patch 1.52 on the US servers. Warriors might get some lovin' too then.

Keep your fingers crossed.

F

Flimgoblin

I'm hoping they don't make them 'uber'... better yes, overpowering no.

but making RvR that bit more interesting for _everyone_ would be ace :)

(give everyone the sort of cat and mouse games that assassins and archers play, well the same tension, requirement to think)

I

inqy

aye I agree. the tussles between archer classes and assassin classes is good I think.

my argument about warriors/pure tank classes is that you have very few options in rvr. all you can do is wait for something to happen and react to that. if you do try something there is only 1 outcome, death.

O

old.Ozwin

Originally posted by Solid

Oh to get back on topic, very few of the tank classes across all 3 realms get any individual loving in any patches, except for champs with their extra HP I think.

Polearm styles are much improved as well so Pole Armsman get some loving there.

Zerkers have been nerfed (no other way to describe DoubleFrost nerf) although mythic say have increased base LA damage so reactionary style zerkers (dont think many exist) will be better off.

Question I want to ask is why do Shadowblades think LA is gimped in future patches? when the base damage is increased and the returns on damage for having a decent spec in LA is also increased?

I am making a 5 spec SB with planned 39 Axe/LA and I get guys saying I am makign a gimp build cos LA is gimped in 1.50.

Does base LA damage increase mean I get better off hand damage from my PA and CD? or just when using LA styles?

Its basically the doublefrost damage reduction that has pissed everyone off with this, however im still going with my 5 spec LA SB. However as it will be a little while before i get to anywhere a decent level, if i find it a problem , respec may not be far behind.

I did find this thread though on 5 specs so might help u make mind up

http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=32262574&replies=36

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom