Warpath Week 9 - er no!

O

old.[RA]Ring Peace

Erm aint quite sure what you are on about, I apologise if you are one of our european friends but please repost in english that makes sense.

If you are worried that prematch cant but used on this map due to its in built "prematch" then all you have to do is pause the match until everyone is connected, if you meant something else please read paragraph above.

O

old.t!mo

Well the map is fooked with prematch. Since there is no way to reset map with no prematch. I think this map should be removed from the map cycle. Opinions plz. Also, while your doing it get rid of epicenter. :)

Thanks

------------------
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>[TPC] t!mo
<LI>ICQ: 8543162
<LI>E-Mail: timweston@btinternet.com
[/list]

O

old.TripleM

Bah i hate all the new map

Long Live 2fort, rock2 and well :)

[ILP]TripleM

O

old.t!mo

Ok i'll explain in English this time.

Load warpath on a clan server. The idea of the map it to take the points. Look at the status of the point at the beginning of the game. 1 and 5 are not coloured. You cannot take these points. So no point in playing. This is a bug/problem with prematch on this map. To solve it map needs to be restarted with no prematch. This is not possible since BW servers default to 5 mins of prematch every time a map is restarted. Tell me how we can fix this? Only way is with a map specific cfg executed on the server. Goodnight. Go out and try it yourelves if u don't believe me!!!!!

Fooked = fucked. I think my first post is quite a good summary of this one. However, you need to know about the bug before you can fully understand it.

O

old.TGC Snow

well i think Warpath (when it's working) is a fantastic map. A map-specific config sounds like the best idea to me + RP's idea of pausing until everyone has joined

O

old.Gimp

Mate you dont understand. Warpath doesn't start straight away, you have to wait for the grates to open. So you join the game, pause the server until both clans are ready, then unpause. Then the grates will still be down, thus leaving a normal game with both clans ready.

I say leave it in.

O

old.t!mo

FFS u don't understand. I know u can pause the game. It allows those people with slow connections and crap pcs to load level.

BUT IF PREMATCH IS ON THE SERVER, U CANNOT CAP ANY OF THE POINTS. THIS MAP ONLY WORKS ON SERVERS WHERE PREMATCH IS TURNED OFF. SHOW ME A SERVER WITH PREMATCH ON WHERE IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the capitals. Look at the flag status graphic above you grate. Points 1 and 5 are not cloured red and blue. All of them appear non coloured. Only a server where it works will 1 and 5 appear red and blue when the map starts.

O

old.[RA]Ring Peace

Look its simple

Dont have any prematch for Warpath, when map starts with no prematch then someone (ie broadband fast access) pauses the server until everyone is connected.

Unpause the server and the map resumes with the barriers in place. There is no prematch so cap points will still work, everyone will be on server, so there aint a problem.

All done without the need of CAPS - doh!

O

old.t!mo

we're getting there.
just the small prob of removing the prematch

rcon tfc_clanbattle_prematch 0

will do it. unfortunately map needs to be restarted. since it defaults back to 5 mins prematch u go round in circles.

:)

O

old.TGC Snow

sorry to shout timo, but you are being st00pid =]

I SAID USE A ----=====MAP SPECIFIC=====---- CONFIG.

i.e. add tfc_clanbattle_prematch 0 to the warpath.cfg on the servers.

ok!?

O

old.t!mo

nice one snow. u are so clever. look at the previous posts. i said that before u ffs. i don't run the ****ing servers bw do. I am raising this point now so they can sort it. If they want to give me full ftp access to the servers i'll do it.

O

old.LBU|Taz[Admin]

timo is totaly right in what he is saying if you put prematch on for the map it dont work full stop you can ryn about killing each other but you cant cap any of the points not one!. i'm on about tfc_clanbattle_prematch 5 has some of you think he is on about the built in prematch for the map. There for i also think the map should be taken away less someone can find out how to fix it!. :p

I 0wnz j0o @ll :p

V

vuz

ok, i know for one the map works with the rcon map command, but that doesn't matter.
I'm interested in wot snow says, tell me the exact order for me to email to bw pls :)

O

old.TGC Snow

timo, i was just saying that we had already found a solution, yet u were still picking holes...

as for taz, wtf?

and finally, Viruz: tell them to edit the warpath.cfg file in the Half-life/tfc/ directory (or create one if it doesn't exist) and add the line:

tfc_clanbattle_prematch 0

E

exxxie

Snow making sense? ffs look at the time....I'll read it again in the morning and I'm sure it'll be utter drivel :)

"This post will be edited by xs"

[This message has been edited by xs (edited 25 July 2000).]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom