Warp Records Launch Music Download Service

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
Warp records have made their entire back catalogue available on their new paid for download service.

NO DRM, tracks ripped at 160kps and the ENTIRE back catalogue. Including all the hard to find AFX, Black Dog, B12 e.t.c.

www.bleep.com

Tracks are 99p each, an entire album £6.99.

Now that is how it should be done!

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
I got the Aphex Twin stuff missing from my collection. However as a heads up they aren't ripped at 160 kbps, they are all in fact ripped using Lame's Alt-Preset--Standard setting, a setting that is in 99% of cases is transparent.

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
Scooba da Bass said:
I got the Aphex Twin stuff missing from my collection. However as a heads up they aren't ripped at 160 kbps, they are all in fact ripped using Lame's Alt-Preset--Standard setting, a setting that is in 99% of cases is transparent.

Ah cheers for that. I was regurgitating info and hadn't actually used it yet. Although I'm mighty tempted by the new Plaid album :)

I'm more pleased by the fact that they've not, unlike the other providers of download services, included their own restrictive DRM in the files. At last a record label that doesn't want to tell us how and where we can listen to the music WE'VE BLOODY PAID FOR!

It certianly shows Apple, Coca-Cola and the others for the tight-arsed, paranoid, penny-pinching arseholes that they are.

Tindel

Fledgling Freddie
If you havent already, grab the Boards of Canada album "Music Has The Right To Children" from 1998, one of the best albums ever :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom