Warnings about SP2 and ADSL modems

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
hi, been informed by Alcatel dudes in Belgium that the new SP2 is causing problems with ADSL modems. basically the prob is you may lose sync after the installing the updates and never get it back. they said its something to do with the TCP/IP components and they get alterd.

may not happen with other manufcaturers but they seem to think it will, so just a heads up ;)

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
tris- said:
hi, been informed by Alcatel dudes in Belgium that the new SP2 is causing problems with ADSL modems. basically the prob is you may lose sync after the installing the updates and never get it back. they said its something to do with the TCP/IP components and they get alterd.

may not happen with other manufcaturers but they seem to think it will, so just a heads up ;)
I heard something similar, in that Alcatel kit will start acting up, but only because they do naugty things with their drivers which Microsoft have stopped with SP2. If they can bother to produce proper WHQL drivers for XPSP2 and follow spec, things will be gravy.

Gray

FH is my second home
So if you have an Alcatel modem its not going to be recommended (yet) to upgrade to SP2?

tris-

if its a speedtouch 330, they say for certain it buggers up.

Custodian

Loyal Freddie
Does that only affect the old Alcatel branded stuff, or the newer Thomson branded ones as well? And is it just modems, or does that include router/modems as well?
I got 2 Thomson speedtouch routers here, a 510 and a 610, so wouldn't mind finding out a bit more.

Gray

FH is my second home
Dont know what version my Alcatel is... But ive had the modem about hrrrm 2/3years

Sar

Part of the furniture
Mine is a Speedtouch 330. No SP2 for me (like I'm worried).

tris-

afaik its the only the thomson branded gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom