Warning for ATI gfx card users

Bashy

Fledgling Freddie
if you update your catalyst drivers to the newest version, 5.10, you can encounter this problem with DAoC:

Dark Age of Camelot: The game exits to the desktop immediately after launching, or may play for up to 15 minutes followed by a VPU Recover error message being displayed. Further details can be found in topic number 737-20794

beware!

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
yep, i know that,thats why i reverted back to the last ones!!

thx for the heads up enyway m8

Craft

Fledgling Freddie

Same with windows service pack 2!

So im now only running SP1 and its good enough, but i would like the *cough* added security from SP2..

Iphis

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm this sounds like a problem im having....i patch then slow access click Excal, the server selection box disappears and nothing happens :(

So i uninstalled my drivers and then installed teh 5.9 set but nothings changed....any ideas

Bashy

Fledgling Freddie
Craft said:

So im now only running SP1 and its good enough, but i would like the *cough* added security from SP2..

Must be your config mate, since I never had any problems with it at all.

Iphis

Fledgling Freddie
i have a ati radeon 850xt outta interest just sorted my connection and now this heh driving me nuts :p

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
This is why I no longer update my graphics drivers when I find one that:

1. Is fast enough for my needs
2. Works

I mean why bother after that? :)

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
In my opinion you should not be using the standard catalyst drivers anyway, use omega drivers far superior and more stable in my experience.

Craft said:

DAOC works fine with sp2, must be your configuration. SP2 is far safer and more stable than SP1 for most people.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i had loads of problems with the omega drives with faces disapearing and stuff. and all they are , the catalyst drivers with certain added features which dont really bring anything. unless you must play your game in Black and white mode or so on.

Kari

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
In my opinion you should not be using the standard catalyst drivers anyway, use omega drivers far superior and more stable in my experience.

DAOC works fine with sp2, must be your configuration. SP2 is far safer and more stable than SP1 for most people.

Second that on both counts. The Omega drivers have always worked better for my own system, and I've never had an issue with SP2 either!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Craft said:

hm, i'm using sp2 and have absolutly no problems at all.. :/

sure its not something with your system thats messing up?

Golgh

Fledgling Freddie
had problems whit latest ati drivers to could play for like 15-30 min the it started to lag like hell reinstalled old drivers and its works like a charm now =)

Styphon

Fledgling Freddie
Whats the best Catalyst Drivers Version for an ATI 9550 256MB, I am having some gitches on the game .. I reinstalled the 5.7 version but still have some problems.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Golgh said:
had problems whit latest ati drivers to could play for like 15-30 min the it started to lag like hell reinstalled old drivers and its works like a charm now =)
Aye, got the same.... gonna find some older drivers

Kaelimar

Fledgling Freddie
i use catalyst 5.10 drivers on a xt850. tried those with old fashioned controll panel worked like shite,

and it is aiming towards 9800 series if you read it all

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom