WARNING: Excessive exping may damage your hardware.

F

Freia

Soo, there we were in df, two groups chainpulling deep purple critters.
My framerate was down at 2-3 per second but I wasnt allowed a relog :(

It had to happen I guess, believe it or not but I suddenly noticed my character not responding to my commands. The game would freeze up for 1-2 seconds repeatedly...

Then suddenly <poof> no matter what buttons I pressed or how I moved my mouse the game would not react. Stuff kept moving on the screen like guildchat and ppl running by, but my mouse/keyboard refused to work no matter what i did, and they kept doing so after multiple reboots.

No, I'm serious, it wasnt the cables being pulled out or something. After reboot the mouse and keyboard would work for a few minutes but eventually and inevitably stop responding, and the only means of controlling my computer was the power button.

/cry
/cry
/cry
/cry

So this is a warning to all you mad expers out there. Be careful! Dont overheat your equipment (and don't buy gigabyte motherboards <grumble>).

K

klavrynd

it's the wrath of klav for exping when i'm not around

F

Freia

Originally posted by klavrynd
it's the wrath of klav for exping when i'm not around

But you were around!!!11 >.< :(
Gifv mouse'n'keyboard back!

S

Slinker

Had a gigabyte motherboard for a long time with no problems . Upgraded now though since my PSU decided to blow 2 weeks ago and fried all my computer parts :(

A

agraucred

my biggest complaint about Gigabyte is there onboard sound (if you use it), but still the performance is rather shite, good for an "out of the box" pc from pc world i guess. if your looking for a new one id point anyone in ASUS's direction, quality mobo's

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by agraucred
my biggest complaint about Gigabyte is there onboard sound (if you use it), but still the performance is rather shite, good for an "out of the box" pc from pc world i guess. if your looking for a new one id point anyone in ASUS's direction, quality mobo's
3 words here are all the trouble you could ever have:

Gigabyte - cheap as chips and dont taste as good
Onboard XXX - dont be tight, buy seperates, less hastle
PCWorld - expensive, crap service from spotty ingrates, helplines manned by chimps, kit normally assembled by trained hamsters.

As for over heating, buy some more fans, or better still some decent ones, especially if using AMDs. Under no circumstance buy an AMD from PCWHitehole and expect it to opperate well with its original fan.

A

Apathy

A question...are you using an IR battery-powered keyboard and mouse?

a.

L

living

umm i had the same problem with my mouse.. i downloaded a program from logitech that supported my mouse and it fixed it.. i sciense then changed to win2k and never had the problem again.

F

Freia

Originally posted by ApathyEndymion
A question...are you using an IR battery-powered keyboard and mouse?

a.

no.

.. and its not a logitech mouse either

S

SilverHood

Uninstall the devices in question, remove them from the Device Manager

unplug the devices,

Restart

Plug them back in, have drivers ready. Reinstall drivers.

Should solve your problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom