WARNING -concerning ML 10 weapon

Gorse

Fledgling Freddie
If any of you have the old ML10 weapon and like the proc/procs on them - then do not trade them with any one - because then the weapon will be "updated".
I have an arcanium Astral Conflagrant Short Sword there had 2 single proc's.
First was a fire dot and second was a elemental summon.
Then I lended it to realm mate so he could get the ML10 cloak when I got it back the proc had changed to an aoe fire proc - which more or less makes the sword useless in both RvR and PvE and made me a sad man.
I have writen with Right Now and they say they can't change it back when "updated".
So be carefull - helping out realm mates can be punished hard.

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
I may be wrong, but to me it sounds like bullcrap :eek:
The only thing i can think of is that your "friend" had already a sword of this but old version, not sure if pre patch proc was ae fire tho. So when u gave him your sword he just shited you giving his old pre patch sword back and keeping your new sword :eek:

I did not saw any single drop since release of this game that does dynamicly change its stats, procs ...lol it would be like everybody trading 1000 times untill they get there ml10 items with celerity procs :twak:

And GM's are right... they will not, have not to change stats/procs on items which were droped in different versions period.

georgie

FH is my second home
Originally Posted by Requiel

The 'old' versions no longer exist. If you get (through any means) an ML10 item it will have the new stats on it - whether it drops as loot, it's traded to you or a GM creates one for you. There is only one item reference for each ML10 item. item stats are saved as part of your character details and so while you wear it, the old stats can be kept. However as soon as you do anything that causes the game to update the item information it will overwrite the old item with the new stats as both the old and the new item have the same item reference number.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
what do you mean aoe procs are crap for pve. Tank groups with pbaoe procing weapons = pbaoe / aoe casters :)

we use them in heresy and generally chain kill large amount of mobs because we use aoe procing weapons although have to say is a bit suckky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom