Warning about some Blade&Quill Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

old.Kiarra

Well as some of you know I now have 4 lgms, WC, Tailor, Alchemy and Spell Crafting. The spell crafter is Shahara.

I was asked by a member of B&Q o do a full set of Pieces with OC and was also asked to do a rush job on it slotting it in between a couple of other jobs as the guy was desperate. So like an idiot I crafted all night producing 32 x 99% quality gems for him tailored to his exact requirements. When he said he would be on for embuing he did not appear either when trying /who or a /send and ealier today he went to another SCer and got the job done, only a few hours after the time when we said we would meet up.

So now I have wasted not only about 4 hours crafting but the outlay on 99% quality precious gems is considerable, especially to an indepedant and non-guilded player such as myself.

Even after speaking to another member of B&Q about this, he said something about re-imbursement, but not only kept me waiting for about 45 mins whist I twiddled my thumbs, he finally ignored me and PM's :flame: I thought the name Yberidian could be trusted, but he is obviously not the same person I used to know and chat with.

So be warned....... Some Blade & Quill members cannot either be trusted or just want to wind you up. Always take downpayment before doing jobs for any of their members, as you never know who you can trust.

Bah! Things never change..... despite being away for over 10 months. :(

E

Ekydus

When I got crafting done, I stuck it out...

<Bangs head on table>
<Flashbacks of 100+ retries>

But the principle is there. :)

People ruin the game by not keeping the community spirit.

K

KoreanLover

Done some complaining to the GM myself about that Yber-dude. Something about xp-spots, leeching, cry cry cry ;). He's an idiot, Ignore him.

T

thorwyntf

So.. where are the "some" B&Q members please? From your posting, I can hear that you´re having trouble with ONE member. Is that enough reason for you to diss the (afaik) flawless image of an entire guild?
If you´re having problems with one member of a guild, talk to the GM and sort out the stuff and if THAT doesn´t work, feel free to come here. But until then, at least have the decency to NOT judge a guild by the actions of one of it´s members. Not that hard is it?

L

loxleyhood

Is that Kiarra, or have I fallen into a time-hole?

P

pbaz

Thanks for taking this up with the GM's of the guild, Kiarra. :rolleyes:

Cos, y'know it'd be stupid to just post this mindless flame of an entire guild based on the action of one guy who joined the guild 2 weeks ago, wouldn't it?

How dare you tarnish my entire guild because of the actions of one person?

PM me here or in game should you have any problems with my guild members. The situation will be dealt with. It will be dealt with promptly and fairly. Don't speak to "another member of B&Q", speak to me!

Oh, and FYI we have an outstanding in-guild SC'er (we don't expect to ever outsource crafting requests. If you ever get a request from a B&Q member it already indicates that they are new to the guild and don't know who to approach inside our /gu or /as).

Catch me in-game and I'll come to you and pay you for the SC costs - or PM me here to arrange a time to meet.

But the general thrust of my post remains the same:

(And for Koreanlover - just which GM of B&Q did you complain to? Since you certainly haven't spoken to me about this...)

S

savant

Do you really think this kind of thread will have any positive return to you at all beside the satisfaction of hitting back at something.

N

nume

The mature action be to not flame an entire guild without even having approached a guild GM or at the least an officer :(

Blade&Quill will always honor such things and we will in this instance as my GM Baz has already stated, I can only hope you learn from this and that others who read this judge our guild on it's long good standing imo and not on an individuals disagreement with another individual.

K

KoreanLover

Originally posted by pbaz
Thanks for taking this up with the GM's of the guild, Kiarra. :rolleyes:

Cos, y'know it'd be stupid to just post this mindless flame of an entire guild based on the action of one guy who joined the guild 2 weeks ago, wouldn't it?

PM me here or in game should you have any problems with my guild members. The situation will be dealt with. It will be dealt with promptly and fairly. Don't speak to "another member of B&Q", speak to me!

Oh, and FYI we have an outstanding in-guild SC'er (we don't expect to ever outsource crafting requests. If you ever get a request from a B&Q member it already indicates that they are new to the guild and don't know who to approach inside our /gu or /as).

Catch me in-game and I'll come to you and pay you for the SC costs - or PM me here to arrange a time to meet.

(And for Koreanlover - just which GM of B&Q did you complain to? Since you certainly haven't spoken to me about this...)

Nice post, totally agree with you. Hopefully she will talk to you ingame, and very nice solution that you are man enough to pay her back.

I can't really remember who i talked to, along time ago now.. but Yber-something is burned into my brain. Will catch you next time if any problems occure ;).

K

Khalen

LOL when I saw the post I thought wtf you still around? :)

And a tip: Make sure he ordered it and who is playing him. I've had sometimes a person who ordered stuff by his friend's char and then I PM that char and his friend is playing and doesn't know shit what happened.
I always double check with client what he/she ordered. Had some encounters myself where at some points the client just asked for info but in such a way he made it sound that I needed to make em right away.

And clients who order it at 2 crafters are the worst kind you will see in this game.

P

Powahhh

imo do what i do when i sc with a friends acc for fast money
have them loged where you craft and make one thing at a time.....
this way the can't avoid you and you will never ever lose order...... ok maybe you will lose some ppls cause they want to go to sleep while you sc BUT will never happen sthing so sad like this :(
trust noone etc etc
you do not know what is behing the screen you see

P

pbaz

Well, this story just gets more interesting.

Please correct me if your understanding of the situation differs from this...

First off, Kiarra, you are flaming the wrong guy! The person that ordered from you was Mcfly, not Yberidien. Mcfly joined B&Q 2 days ago (he has been pointed to our in-guild SC'er, you will not be troubled with future requests from him). I'd thank you for an apology to Yberidien, since this is nothing to do with him.

Mcfly contacted you early on Saturday afternoon with an SC request. You agree and he emails his template to you. You agree to contact him on Sunday afternoon when the SC work is complete.

All day Sunday Mcfly is online and does not play an alt (so you can easily PM him). He /who's for you regularly, but you don't come online (or you are playing an alt). He logs out at 23:00 CET on Sunday, still having heard nothing from you. He is back in-game from noon on Monday and still can't get you. Finally, after around 48 hours, he gets another SC'er to complete his order at 18:00 CET on Monday.

At 20:00 you post this thread.

Now, for me the most important point is a few sentences back... He emailed his template to you! If you were having problems, weren't able to get in-game at the agreed time, had other things going on, etc, etc... You should have had the decency to let your client know that you couldn't keep your side of the deal by meeting at the time you arranged.

Unfortunately, you did none of these things Kiarra. You just left him waiting and then hung him out to dry (along with my entire guild) on these public forums.

Shame on you! This situation is as much your fault as it was my guild-member's fault.

You then PM'ed Yberidien today (this is the "other member of B&Q" you mention in your post) to complain about the situation. Naturally, Yberidien knew nothing about this... I can only assume you PM'ed Yber because you recognised the name from back-in-the-day.

I will, of course, still see to it that you are fully reimbursed for your wasted time and costs - because that's the right thing to do (and, along with the rest of my guild, I believe in doing the right thing). I hope you will do me the decency of never again tarnishing the good reputation of my guild through a problem of your own engineering with one of our members.

O

old.Kiarra

1) The guys email was as follows:

Hi m8!
_
Here it is!
_
:eek:)
_
McFly alb/excal

Find din nye bolig med MSN Bolig
(attached scc file)

2) When I asked Yberidian if he could tell me the name of a GM he told me none were logged at the time and asked if he could help. I didnt know he sold his account. I thought it was the old Yberidian who I had the pleasure of knowing previously.

2) This Yberidian said he was disccusing it in the guild channel and asked me to wait a long time (I wish I had kept the log)

3) I also told him that would probably inform other crafters of time-wasters in B&Q and warn them of what had happened.

4) The fact that he said it had been discussed in the guild channel now implies that a representative of B&Q has now involved the those logged members of the guild.

2,90,Yberidien sends, "yes i can see that'"
2,90,You send, "Ill let others know that some members of B&Q must pay a deposit 1st b4 any work is undertaken via BW" to Yberidien
2,90,Yberidien sends, "well we are talking about in guild right now "
2,90,You send, "I am not privy to your or any other guild chat" to Yberidien
2,90,You send, "Im not gonna waste any more time waiting for response. or any other comments, I shall be farming using an alt to try and recover some losses. Will also post on BW too" to Yberidien
2,90,Yberidien sends, "plz wait "
2,90,You send, "How long ?" to Yberidien
2,90,Yberidien sends, "it looks like your getting payed but not yet wait plz"

(10 mins later)
2,90,You send, "well Im just sitting here twiddling my thumbs, I could be waiting all night" to Yberidien

(A futher 10 mins later)
2,22,You send, "OK Ill take your lack of response as a sign of no more contact" to Yberidien

I rest my case....

Im down approx 1.7 in material costs and a lot of wasted crafted time (approx 4 hours) Yes it still took up to 20 makes to make some 99% gems

P

pbaz

Originally posted by old.Kiarra
1) The guys email was as follows:

So you did have his email. So you could have contacted him at any time to arrange the collection of goods?

2) When I asked Yberidian if he could tell me the name of a GM he told me none were logged at the time and asked if he could help. I didnt know he sold his account. I thought it was the old Yberidian who I had the pleasure of knowing previously.

My apologies that you assumed it was old Yber. Old Yber was indeed an outstanding lad. New Yber actually isn't a bad guy, either (although his native language is not English and even my godly patience is tested sometimes at how slowly he constructs his sentences! ;)).

And anyhow, problem solved, speak to me you have my attention now.

2) This Yberidian said he was disccusing it in the guild channel and asked me to wait a long time (I wish I had kept the log)

Sorry for that - English isn't his first language. Please be forgiving. Just as I would hope your future clients are forgiving of your more-than-48-hour delivery times for a straight SC request.

3) I also told him that would probably inform other crafters of time-wasters in B&Q and warn them of what had happened.

I have also informed them that we have multiple LGM crafters of all types inside our guild and/or alliance. All are happy to take orders for cost price, deliver goods promptly, are helpful and don't flame outrageously when they don't get their own way (even when the problem is of their own engineering). Please rest easy - these guys know better now!

4) The fact that he said it had been discussed in the guild channel now implies that a representative of B&Q has now involved the those logged members of the guild. As he then further to ignore me I posted this thread.

I'll try to muddle my way through this sentence... Didn't you say that the first thing he told you was no GM was online? Aren't these political issues for GM's to resolve? Shouldn't you have asked for my name and taken this up with me? Is my one-hour response time good enough for you? Is there anything more I could be doing? :rolleyes: Incidentally - you aren't accepting PM's. Please let me know when and where I can reimburse you.

I rest my case....

Yes, I think you do. And I'm not convinced that your "case" has let you rest in a very good light.

Im down approx 1.7 in material costs and a lot of wasted crafted time (approx 4 hours) Yes it still took up to 20 makes to make some 99% gems

:rolleyes: Nice to see you abuse my good will. Let me know where I can meet you to hand over your precious 1.7 - I hope others have learnt from this to avoid your outrageous attitude and your extortionate prices.

A

Aybabtu

I've fought pre fix Sb's and zerker's, todays savage's and bonedancer's but the one thing that really scares me is Crafters!

:uhoh:

P

pbaz

Sorry, missed your post-edit...

Originally posted by old.Kiarra in her first post
kept me waiting for about 45 mins whist I twiddled my thumbs

Then posted by old.Kiarra in her later post
(10 mins later)
2,90,You send, "well Im just sitting here twiddling my thumbs, I could be waiting all night" to Yberidien

(A futher 10 mins later)
2,22,You send, "OK Ill take your lack of response as a sign of no more contact" to Yberidien

At least have the decency to aim for consistency when trying to spin out a line? Was it 45 minutes? Was it 20 minutes? I know you kept Mcfly waiting 48 hours for his order, but please let us know how much time is acceptable for you to wait? (personally, I don't think it's acceptable for anyone to keep people waiting at all in this game - but you being held up for 20 minutes doesn't seem quite in the same league as keeping your client waiting for 48 hours and then flaming his whole guild).

E

Edohadien

maybe you 2 should talk ingame insted of making it worse for both crafter and guild?

T

Tilda

Going to close this seeing as a GM has been found and can hopefully resolve the situation.

Tilda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom