Warning 2

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Experienced players can stop reading now :)

Here I go again.

(Darkness Rising Client)

I was having a convo in /as with a guy and a coupla others joined in, as they had the same wrong idea as he did - that arti icons on CMs were artis for sale. They are not, and are not necessary in today's game. Why Mythic did not scrap them I can't say. Perhaps it will be put right in the next patch.​

If you check ME, say in the Inventory search (put the minimum price at 1p or you'll get 251 pages) you can see icons representing artis. They are often highly priced.​

Do not buy them. They are a waste of your hard-earned plats.​

I say this because these icons are only the scroll book for the arti disguised in a no-longer used format. If, ofc, they are cheaper than the scroll book, then snap 'em up. Otherwise, ignore them.​

*******************************​

To activate an arti in this patch you need only :​

be the required level
have done the encounter and received credit for it
have the 3 scrolls for that arti combined as a Book, or in the form of a 'pretend' arti
visit the right NPC in Hall of Heroes and click on the name of your arti in her message screen
hand her the book when asked​

*******************************​

I'm only talking about 'pretend' artis here. For example, the Dream Sphere and the Star of Destiny have identical icons, but players can legitimately charge what they want for the Star - it's a genuine item. The Dream Sphere is just scrolls, no matter what it looks like, and really ought to be priced as such.
Don't forget, though, that any activated arti with exactly the same icon as these CM things can be stored in Personal Vaults, but not house Vaults, and brought out on to the toon for use whenever needed. These can never be put on sale or traded to another character.​

My objection is to, say, seeing a pretend Snatcher on a CM at 1p when the Snatcher Book is a mere 50g. This could fool some new players. I'm not saying everone with highly priced pretend artis realises what they are doing - perhaps they haven't been in-game for months. But Ive spotted them on the CMs of players I see often.​

They could be there, ofc, as a practical joke, but IMO at least some of them are meant to fool people into thinking they're worth more - that is, yet another attempt at a scam. At a price somewhere near the scroll book price, they are, though, perfectly legitimate.​

:england:​

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
thanks for the warning, but doubt ppl do it to scam, prices are random at all kinds of stuff, with diffrence of 100-200% between cheapest and the most expensive. I saved quite alot of cash in the past buying artis instead of books, becous ppl thought they where worthless.

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
unactivated artifacts are only overpriced because the people owning the houses with the arties on generally have quit the game or is not paying that account. The Cloudsong artifact was generally worth 20-25p pre-patch while the book is only worth a few plats, so it's not an attempt to scam it is just that no one is tending to the cm with the arti on it and since the account isn't activated the house won't dissapear due to rent.
For example the snatcher you were talking about, maybe that unactivated artifact was worth 1p in the time from the release of ToA until the latest patch, thus meaning that a player could have attained the artifact, putting it on his/her CM for 1p and then quit the game in that time period, the house and cm would remain and it would definatley not be an attempt to scam.
I'm amazed though because when I read your post it seems like there are alot of people who don't know about this which is laughable since people should learn to read patch notes and except from that the patch has been out for months, people should have noticed the changes by now.

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
or maybe some are like me, playing on glaston and just pops in on cluster from time to time... not realy bothering with the ToA stuff.

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Non Scam

Yes, guys. I did make that point. There are lots of these expensive pretend artis, and obviously not everyone is trying to fool players. But its a simple matter to reduce them next time your'e in-game. That way, nobody loses out.

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Drucken said:
I'm amazed though because when I read your post it seems like there are alot of people who don't know about this which is laughable since people should learn to read patch notes and except from that the patch has been out for months, people should have noticed the changes by now.

Well, there ya go....told you it was a warning for the less experienced.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Thank god I can't say anything offensive about this so everyone starts bashing me again. :p

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
atos said:
Thank god I can't say anything offensive about this so everyone starts bashing me again. :p

Well, the previous posts you made regarding the barrel stuff was pretty silly :eek:

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
Well, the previous posts you made regarding the barrel stuff was pretty silly :eek:

And the silly remarks I got was the same sadly. :(

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
If I have old artifacts in my CM and it's "overpriced", then it's because I'm not planning to sell them. I want to use them myself to activate the artifacts without having to farm the scrolls first. When I put stuff in the CM I only set it at a price that will make me happy, and not think "damn someone bought that, I was gonna use it myself now I have to buy a new one".

The stuff I care most about, gets the highest price wich basically means "Don't touch!". If you really want it more than me, you have to pay. ;)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
atos said:

The very fact that you're looking at threads to see if you can be offensive for any reason should be more then enough reason to start bashing you :D

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Dr_Evil said:
If I have old artifacts in my CM and it's "overpriced", then it's because I'm not planning to sell them. I want to use them myself to activate the artifacts without having to farm the scrolls first. When I put stuff in the CM I only set it at a price that will make me happy, and not think "damn someone bought that, I was gonna use it myself now I have to buy a new one".

Much simpler and causing less cluttering up of ME if you want to use your CM as storage, put the arti (or item for that matter) on at 0 price, then there's no way it can be bought. But this thread is not about me telling you what to do and how to do it. My main point was just that those things with arti-like icons are merely scrollbooks and its a waste of money to pay extra for them.

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
mercury said:
Experienced players can stop reading now :)

Can you see you so " Ah, I know all about everything " dudes. :)

" I knew that already, why you bother? Tell ME something new " It was for the less experienced not for YOU. :fluffle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom